Garden fork availability?

Iamemjay

Just to resurrect an old topic - Where can I buy a regular UK style garden fork (not a pitchfork - the large, UK style 4 pronged digging variety (not the hand ones)) in Chiangmai?

My over-expensive, but badly designed and cheap-metalled one that I bought from Home-pro is down to 2 tynes only and therefore useless. Home-pro (at least the one in Big C-extra, Superhighway) doesn't seem to stock them (nor spades) any more.

Has anyone found an alternative source?

I have never been able to find any digging forks or spades here despite looking in all the hardware/garden suppliers. Showed pictures of what I wanted and always met with 'mai mee'. Finally gave in and bought a couple of stainless ones back from my last trip to the UK.

I have never been able to find any digging forks or spades here despite looking in all the hardware/garden suppliers. Showed pictures of what I wanted and always met with 'mai mee'. Finally gave in and bought a couple of stainless ones back from my last trip to the UK.

Thanks apetley. I'm approaching this conclusion also. No problems bringing them on an aircraft?

Thanks apetley. I'm approaching this conclusion also. No problems bringing them on an aircraft?

A good metal fabricator could make a strong stainless fork without handle easily here then you can easily fit a handle. If you can draw what you want, you may PM me for the English speaking guy to contact.

Edited by Dante99
  • Like 2

No problem at all as they were well wrapped in cardboard and didn't raise an eyebrow at checkin or Swampy.

My Daughter brought me a stainless steel garden spade

a couple of years ago,no problem,i would also have liked

a stainless fork as well,but it seems things are getting

stricter and stricter about what you can take on a plane

i thought better of it, HomePro once had some forks in

stock,but the tines were just welded on,and did not think

they would last long.

regards worgeordie

The forks are available at some of the Ma and Pa stores near where I live, but no handles.

Four candles?

I have one but unfortunately can't remember where I bought it.

Brilliant Sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

Have a Nice Day.

• Like 2

Today, Global House had a BIG load of garden forks outside main entrance.  Plastic handle atop wooden stave(?) with strong steel tines.  They call it a pitch fork as probably too long a stave for most Thai gardeners ... perfect for me!

• Like 1

Just curious, Rob. What was the price of these wonders that are definitely not available where I live? biggrin.png

Thanks

122 Baht.  "Pollo" brand.  Buy a couple, so that when it's broken you wont be searching around again...

Spades were 187 baht.