Cheapest place to check Cholesterol (LDL) in Pattaya

Calgary2014

Where in Pattaya is the cheapest place to check Cholesterol. Bangkok Pattaya Hospital quoted 1,200 baht for a full lipid profile. My LDL is sky high (161) so I am planning to try to lower it without using statins. This is why it needs to be tested every 3-4 weeks. Weight reduction, elimination of eggs and coffee, and intermittent fasting should help. At least that’s what people say from their experiences.

Without frequent checkups it will be hard to tell what worked what didn’t.

Any advice will be highly appreciated

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

If you prefer a S. Pattaya location, go here:

I've used this place too, though I did actually get their full ~1000B package as it was for my yearly check-up.

The only problem I had with them was the state of the towel in the bathroom, which was the most disgustingly dirty colour I have ever seen (and I have seen some pretty evil things in my life). So now I collect my empty urine sample bottle the day before and arrive with it full, and dont have to set foot in their bathroom.

Why are you only interested in your LDL? What's your LDL to HDL ratio? Thats significant. Recent research has shown that there are at least two types of LDL. That produced from eating saturated fats is relatively harmless. Any number of media sources have published this new finding: Time Magazine (Eat Butter,) the New York Times in its health section and a book called A Big Fat Surprise. Also refer to Dr. Duane Graveline's website Spacedoc. Cholesterol is not such a big concern anymore. Don't stop eating eggs. They're good for you! Dr. Graveline references on his website a book called "The Great Cholesterol Con." Not all doctors are up to speed on this but mt cardiologist at Bumrungrad is.
  • Like 2

DogNo1

My HDL is 72. I think you are confusing a few things. Sub LDL is what your doctor was talking about or VLDL. The size of LDL particles that is what matters. I am not so sure where to I can test VLDL though.

Eggs are super healthy, yet , for many people with cholesterol problems they can be deadly. Everyone's organism reacts differently to different food.

I love coffee, however, it can be a killer for many men. It has positive impact on most woman...go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The only problem I had with them was the state of the towel in the bathroom, which was the most disgustingly dirty colour I have ever seen (and I have seen some pretty evil things in my life).

So don't use the towel. It's never a good idea anyway even if the towel looks clean. Wiping one's hands on the common bathroom towel and then, consciously or not, rubbing or even touching one's eyes, can lead to conjunctivitis. I never do it.

Bring a paper towel with you, or don't wipe your hands, or even wipe them on your (clean, one hopes), trousers.

So now I collect my empty urine sample bottle the day before and arrive with it full, and dont have to set foot in their bathroom.

A method less likely to lead to the most accurate results. Not recommended.

Edited by JSixpack

where is it located ?

Probably this address:

Pattaya Clinical Laboratory
62/2 M.5 Pattaya-Naklua Road. (on the east side of Naklua road about 200m south of Numchai)
The tech is Khun Kuson Saengnak.
Office: 038 367 326 or 038 367 864
Mobile 08 1863 2868
Fax 038 410379

I'm not sure about 62/2 Moo 5 or 678/1 Moo 5 ?

Edited by Farang two dot zero

Calgary2014: Please read the latest research. You will find that eggs and saturated fat have been given a bad rap. It's very clearly explained in "A Big Fat Surprise." The genesis of the misunderstanding about fat and cholesterol is explained in detail and is very well researched with footnotes and a complete bibliography. The book is availabe as an Amazon Kindle edition or paperback. Eggs don't have any appreciable effect on cholesterol in the blood unless eaten to excess but don't take my word for it. Read the latest reports and research. Wishing you good health. BTW, I have six stents in my heart, all installed at Bumrungrad so I am keenly aware of the effect of my diet on my cardiovascular health. My cardiologist has changed his opinion in the last year and now tells me that it's OK to eat eggs, bacon and cheese and drink full-fat milk.

So don't use the towel. It's never a good idea anyway even if the towel looks clean. Wiping one's hands on the common bathroom towel and then, consciously or not, rubbing or even touching one's eyes, can lead to conjunctivitis. I never do it.

Bring a paper towel with you, or don't wipe your hands, or even wipe them on your (clean, one hopes), trousers.

So now I collect my empty urine sample bottle the day before and arrive with it full, and dont have to set foot in their bathroom.

A method less likely to lead to the most accurate results. Not recommended.

Nonsense. I fill the sample bottle at home about 10 minutes before arriving for the test, and I do it with clean hands that haven't even touched the steering wheel of my car let alone anything else.

As for the towel I already explained that it is not an issue because I dont use the bathroom there at all, for anything. I am suspicious of the state of the taps (faucets) and basin also, so avoiding the entire area suits me just fine.

DogNo1: Wishing you great health too. Thank you for the book. I have just downloaded it into my Kindle. "Grain Brain" is a great book too. Same theme - good fat is good for you.
I believe you can't 100% rely on any Doctor these days. You have to do your own research and test all theories on yourself. Only you can determine how each ingredient impacts your health.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

Another good lab, which I have used numerous times and have confirmed their results with other labs, is Advanced Life Labs in a somewhat hidden plaza just north of Soi 6 (yes, the naughty soi 6). It's between Beach and Second Road. The club Rasputin is across the plaza so you could find a map this way. From Beach, walk north 50 metres till you see a 7-11. Walk down a subsoi between Soi 6 and the 7-11. 

http://lifecare.siam2web.com/

Price list on the website. I think this is affiliated w/ the one in Naklua but dunno for sure. Reliable results--I had a couple repeated and verified at Bumgrungrad.

Is there an English language option on this website? I couldn't find it. Can somebody translate this:

247/59 หมู่ 10 ถนนเฉลิมพระเกียรติ (สาย3 พัทยาใต้)

into an English language address that we can understand, or pin it on Google maps or something? Thanks.

Price list on the website. I think this is affiliated w/ the one in Naklua but dunno for sure. Reliable results--I had a couple repeated and verified at Bumgrungrad.

Is there an English language option on this website? I couldn't find it. Can somebody translate this:

247/59 หมู่ 10 ถนนเฉลิมพระเกียรติ (สาย3 พัทยาใต้)

into an English language address that we can understand, or pin it on Google maps or something? Thanks.

Does clicking on the little UK flag in the top right corner not work for you? It's right beside the Thai flag.

The map is on the Promotion page: http://lifecare.siam2web.com/?cid=1208974

Does clicking on the little UK flag in the top right corner not work for you? It's right beside the Thai flag.

The map is on the Promotion page: http://lifecare.siam2web.com/?cid=1208974

Thanks mate. For some reason my browser keeps putting a Thai banner advert or notice at the top of the page and that hides the language flag so I didn't see it.

Great location for me, just down the road. I need a renal function check in the next month or two so I'll give them a try.

Calgary2014:  I couldn't agree with you more.  I find that certain drugs and food have a different effect on me than that popularly reported in the media and research papers.  I do experiment carefully to see what reaction I will have to the item.  To tell the truth, I am treading the middle line.  I still use 2% milk and do not eat too much fat or too many eggs and take only a moderately powerful statin drug , Pravastatin.  Dr. Graveline clearly says on his website, specedoc.com, that a mild statin can be beneficial in reducing the inflammation within the arteries.  I stay away from the stronger ones with clearly deleterious side effects.  You may find his website interesting.

I tried several different drugs but the first drug I was put on was Lipitor.  After taking it for a few weeks, I would get up in the morning, come downstairs to sit in my recliner and remain there unable to move for the rest of the day.  A day or two after stopping it, I was able to operate normally again.  I'm sorry, but I don't remember the names of the others that I tried at the moment.  I was prescribed the drug I am now taking, Pravastatin (in Thailand called Mevalotin,) at 40 mg but had to decrease the dosage to 30 mg to decrease the tiredness and muscle aches.  My present dosage seems to work OK for me.  If you will take a look at Dr. Graveline's website, spacedoc.com, you will see his opinions about Lipitor which he has put into a book titled "Lipitor, Thief of Memory."  You will probably be shocked to read about the huge number of people who are said to have been permanently damaged by taking Lipitor and other statin drugs.  Dr. Graveline believes that statins permanently damage the mitochondria.  This is a terrible tragedy since it was all so unnecessary.  If you read the book "The Big Fat Surprise," you will find that the understanding of saturated fat and cholesterol as being the cause of cardiovascular blockage was a mistake except for those few individuals who have a rare condition called hyperlipidemia.  There is extensive discussion of the relative danger of the various statins and anti-cholesterol drugs on spacedoc.com.  I think you will be amazed at the Great Cholesterol Con which, incidentally, is the title of another book referenced on the website.  Wishing you good cardiac health.