What's with the "compelling reason to return"

There an area just outside of Perth with quite a few of Thai brothels, bet they all had a reason to return but did not, hence the rigorous testing.

They'll all be on Student Visas.

Easy to get and can last a few years

Student visa's are relatively expensive though.

I would put money on the working ladies being permanent residents.

In the scheme of things, there aren't that many Thai sex workers on

tourist and students visa's to be honest.

The majority of woman from Asia working in the industry are from the

PRC on student visa's which have work rights and South Koreans who

can easily get working holiday visa's online.

Just my take on it.

The student visa is relatively expensive, I agree. I estimated about $4500 for the first 6 months (inc airfares, health insurance, Visa application fee, Education course fee) , then maybe $3400 each 6 months after that?

The advantage of course is you can legally work 22 hours a week, and you only have to attend the course one day a week. People turn up just to sign the attendance book and leave.

Yep, and that 22 hours per week quite often goes to 40 plus per weekthumbsup.gif

Will, that was most like me Jack refers to ... we have Pm'ed about this.

We all wish him well with his endeavours.

Jack ... the best of luck.

Please come back in 10 days and tell us the good news ... thumbsup.gif

David48,

I think it's too easy to get caught up with the "compelling reasons to return" thing.

Like I said in post 13, it's entirely different if a Thai is applying to go to Oz by themselves.

If a Thai is being sponsored by her Aussie partner, the likelihood of them taking off into

the sunset are remote at best.

OP has said (in other posts) that he has been with his GF for a fair while and they live

together, plus she has a decent office job.

If OP's GF has submitted a decent application and included these details, the chances

of an approval are pretty high, regardless of the age difference, IMO.

A wise man as always KhunWill.

For our most recent Tourist Visa App I put this at the end of my letter:

"My GF is certain to return to Thailand when her visa expires. 3 months spent with Bookman & Chimpy will have her longing to see her family and Thailand once more"

How dare you forget to mention Khun Will27's good heart! Khun BookMan I expect far more from you!

Lest we also not forget the case of the 7-eleven boy who was also issued a visa, whom, by all accounts (from the good members on the forum) had very little compelling reason to return. What was that fella's name that started that thread? He was a riot!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This post is from the OP.

She lodged the application on aug 13 and received the postive decision via mail on aug 22. Yes you can have result posted for extra 200baht. If anyone is going through process feel free to pm me.

I downloaded the forms from net and found the internet had many good sites with advice.

ozthaivisa was one.

I had some issues with the compelling reason to return. Most sites spoke about a job.

I met my gf in a bar so work history was avoided. Not lied about but just avoided. In section of employment , ticked unemployed.

Indicated that had been supporting her completly and us travelling so much made regular employment inappropriate.

All true. I can't stress enough to be honest with immigration.

On compelling reason to return ...We used whatever we could such as ties to family, her bank account, condo lease even pics of furniture in condo.

I did a stat dec at AU embassy 500baht.

List goes on. Fly out sept 16.

• Like 1