Ex-premier Yingluck goes shopping after returning from Europe

webfact

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She spent about an hour at Tesco before leaving home with her aide.

And 55 minutes of that was probably at the checkout.

Hello Ada chuck, ---you mean querying the prices because of the shock, she said along time ago that price rises were only in the head.

I wonder if she has the Tesco accrue points card ??   3 months and a money voucher from BKK----mind you I only get 200 baht back.

Well said box clever...agree, she has put a few noses out of joint on this thread, and more importantly many misplaced opinions in her country.
I see her as a heroine of sorts, possibly flawed, but up against some tough uncompromising opposition. Woman of principle I feel...who'd want to be a politician?

Woman of principle clap2.gif cheesy.gif

She's been caught telling lies, acting illegally and making false promises. Ask the farmers who didn't get paid, or the relatives of those driven to suicide by despair when her "vows" to pay amounted to nothing. The relatives of those murdered by her supporters might also have an opinion.

And you really think she has principles?

• Like 1

Hi Jag, yes I have read (icare999) them! Questionable comparisons, but interesting psyche nonetheless.
People can exhibit a hysterical approach from behind a keyboard. They are entitle to their opinion, keeping it clean and legal of course. It entertains me when they bolt on a rant and the English grammar and syntax goes wrong, but hey, none of us walk on water...regards

Well said box clever...agree, she has put a few noses out of joint on this thread, and more importantly many misplaced opinions in her country.
I see her as a heroine of sorts, possibly flawed, but up against some tough uncompromising opposition. Woman of principle I feel...who'd want to be a politician?

She's been caught telling lies, acting illegally and making false promises. Ask the farmers who didn't get paid, or the relatives of those driven to suicide by despair when her "vows" to pay amounted to nothing. The relatives of those murdered by her supporters might also have an opinion.

Baeboxer, with respect. There are more than two sides to political dealings, and I said principle, not your quoted plural.
You get all hysterical, which actually shows a human side; I like that.
Going shopping is also human, as she did.
So until she is 'hung, drawn and quartered', and I assume you are going to be on the 'panel' of experts, let due process continue.
Have a good day sir...politics is a s**t business?

Baeboxer, with respect. There are more than two sides to political dealings, and I said principle, not your quoted plural.
So until she is 'hung, drawn and quartered', and I assume you are going to be on the 'panel' of experts, let due process continue.

Politics is a s**t business, I'll agree there, and certainly not just in Thailand.

Which particular principle do you think she as? Do you think it's possible to have one principle and not have many? Does that make you unprincipled?

She has returned as her brother instructs, to commence a new PR campaign for the family. It's all about the family and their family's struggle to dominate the other rich elite families. Nothing to do with democracy,improving the lives of the poor or anything else. That is Chinese politics and Chinese people have taken that with them to any country they have emigrated on mass to. Look around SE Asia and see how many countries are dominated by Chinese families. My Chinese friends laugh when I explain how we try and use Western frameworks and rational in our constructs to try and understand it. They see it very differently. 

There are always two sides to a coin (in fact three if you count the edge!). Going shopping - can you really imagine a billionaire HiSo really goes for the groceries? Yes it's human but I doubt she does this out of necessity or pleasure. Purely for the PR.

I doubt she will be "hung, drawn and quartered" (metaphorically speaking I assume) as she is a Chinese-Thai HiSo after all. Your assumption is incorrect I am not going to be on any panel of experts. After many years of association with Thailand and Thai ways, I would guess we will have a long drawn out trial with many witnesses and delaying tactics, be bombarded with PR showing her as a kind,caring mum and housewife doing the same old chores we all do, and that at most she'll get a slap on the wrist, small fine, suspended sentence and 5 year ban from politics. And that's if she is found guilty.

Hysterical - no. Human side for sure. As all British people, like you, we hate injustice. And the poor here never get justice and the rich are never really subject to it. But, genuinely I think all she cares about is the family interests, and anything, absolutely anything done to support that is o k. She certainly isn't alone in that respect in Thailand and S E Asia.

You have a good day too.

• Like 1

Politics is a s**t business, I'll agree there, and certainly not just in Thailand.

Which particular principle do you think she as? Do you think it's possible to have one principle and not have many? Does that make you unprincipled?

She has returned as her brother instructs, to commence a new PR campaign for the family. It's all about the family and their family's struggle to dominate the other rich elite families. Nothing to do with democracy,improving the lives of the poor or anything else. That is Chinese politics and Chinese people have taken that with them to any country they have emigrated on mass to. Look around SE Asia and see how many countries are dominated by Chinese families. My Chinese friends laugh when I explain how we try and use Western frameworks and rational in our constructs to try and understand it. They see it very differently. 

There are always two sides to a coin (in fact three if you count the edge!). Going shopping - can you really imagine a billionaire HiSo really goes for the groceries? Yes it's human but I doubt she does this out of necessity or pleasure. Purely for the PR.

I doubt she will be "hung, drawn and quartered" (metaphorically speaking I assume) as she is a Chinese-Thai HiSo after all. Your assumption is incorrect I am not going to be on any panel of experts. After many years of association with Thailand and Thai ways, I would guess we will have a long drawn out trial with many witnesses and delaying tactics, be bombarded with PR showing her as a kind,caring mum and housewife doing the same old chores we all do, and that at most she'll get a slap on the wrist, small fine, suspended sentence and 5 year ban from politics. And that's if she is found guilty.

Hysterical - no. Human side for sure. As all British people, like you, we hate injustice. And the poor here never get justice and the rich are never really subject to it. But, genuinely I think all she cares about is the family interests, and anything, absolutely anything done to support that is o k. She certainly isn't alone in that respect in Thailand and S E Asia.

You have a good day too.
'Always a good day for me', I'm sick of being happy!
Seriously though...
The 'principle' I refer to is her 'self-preservation.' She clearly has an emotional attachment to her country. And her family. Human instincts comparable with my own. Howsoever that manifests itself in her, and what the consequences of 'coming home' will result in, only time will tell.
For now, I stand by my views as above.
None of us walk on water...but some shop in Tesco...regards... Edited by Lancashireman

'Always a good day for me', I'm sick of being happy!
Seriously though...
The 'principle' I refer to is her 'self-preservation.' She clearly has an emotional attachment to her country. And her family. Human instincts comparable with my own. Howsoever that manifests itself in her, and what the consequences of 'coming home' will result in, only time will tell.
For now, I stand by my views as above.
None of us walk on water...but some shop in Tesco...regards...

I wouldn't call someone who let's their self-preservation instinct prevail above all and any ethics "principled". But each to their own.

Some shop in Tesco - but few take their aides with them and few would be astonished by the new wonder of ready to eat rice.

• Like 1