How to reduce the number of falling apart motorbikes in Thailand

cyborgx

I wouldn't go as far as the OP.

But there is certainly some need of more enforcement of the laws where driving generally is concerned.

There are just too many road deaths here......any one of us could lose our own life,or that of someone dear at any minute.

Only the other day I saw an incident that was a hair width from a dead young woman who did nothing wrong. The driver of the company vehicle, who was screaming down the wrong side of the road on the other hand.......

Bikes are vulnerable.

• Like 1

As the OP says ... he live here...but he have a choice. If you don't like to live here, or have serious difficulties with how the Thais run their country then you always can opt for leaving to your home country.

As I see, the Thai culture is build on other values then the one we are used too. One of those culture rules in many Thai households is not take all so serious and cut corners where you can. An other point, special in the rural areas, is that the family income is low and the replacement of a 35 baht front bulb or a nice Thai meal is not a big choice for them. The meal will win.

Try to live with it,enjoy it, be surprised and inspired and above all relax.

• Like 1

Looks like my post got deleted along with the replies. Telling the truth shouldn't get a post deleted! biggrin.png

"the truth" ...... to many people telling "the truth", but most seems to be a lie after some time. Hole wars are fight because "the truth" must be defend to all costs.

Maybe my opinion is a better way to say things.

Looks like my post got deleted along with the replies. Telling the truth shouldn't get a post deleted! biggrin.png

"the truth" ...... to many people telling "the truth", but most seems to be a lie after some time. Hole wars are fight because "the truth" must be defend to all costs.

Maybe my opinion is a better way to say things.

thanks for your nice life advises in a bike forum.

I noticed when I was in Hanoi last week that the police were stopping all bikes with riders not wearing helmets. Their bikes were all impounded in a roped of area and there was a truck there to take them away. Our guide said that they lose the bike for one week on a first offence then pay a fine to get it back. Not a bad solution IMO.

I noticed when I was in Hanoi last week that the police were stopping all bikes with riders not wearing helmets. Their bikes were all impounded in a roped of area and there was a truck there to take them away. Our guide said that they lose the bike for one week on a first offence then pay a fine to get it back. Not a bad solution IMO.

yeah, it might work in a old communist now liberal communist! country like Vietnam where rules and enforcement are strict.

but these ways never work in Thailand. Cannot imagine police stopping hundreds of bikes which some will be old and poor people sure.

Edited by ll2

Agree with an earlier poster why should we turn a country with its own quaint customs into a western model. One of the thinggs I love about being here is the sights you see on the roads sometimes. Live and let live, it's their country and if they want to ride a bag of nails, as long aas it's safe let them. Also agree that the Thai love affair with the car is disappointing. More bikes, less cars.