Does Britain have a jihadi problem?

webfact

some good news, one of the worst hate preachers in the UK arrested, at last, que the he is not a real Muslim comments!

BREAKING NEWS: Radical preacher Anjem Choudary is one of nine men arrested by counter-terror police in London on suspicion of encouraging terrorism

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2769098/BREAKING-NEWS-Nine-men-arrested-counter-terror-police-London-suspicion-encouraging-terrorism.html

Good news indeed.

But what you forget is that in the UK we have the rule of law; which means the authorities have to gather sufficient evidence before they can arrest, let alone charge, anyone.

This takes time.

Thatcher tried locking up suspected terrorists and terrorist supporters without due process in the 1970's.

She also tried gagging those dubbed 'terrorist mouthpieces.'

That did a lot of good; NOT!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

still waiting for 7x7 links for his ideas about combating UK Jihadists he claims he posted on this thread, must be a long list!

Two things;

1) As I have a life, family and job I can't spend 24/7 on this forum; unlike, it seems, some people.

10 out of 10 for your efforts then!

40% of UK Muslims want Sharia law, which however you dress it up is incompatible with democracy.

40% of 500 people surveyed in a 2006 poll!

Not very representative.

It is also obviously also incompatible with the Universal declaration of human rights, which explains why no Country governed by Sharia has signed up to this declaration.

Really?

Check the list of signatory countries; facts never have been your strong point.

And Taqiyya is certainly yours. As you are no doubt aware, but omit to mention Muslim countries retreated from the implementation of the UNDR and an Islamic declaration of human rights (sic) in 1981. The Cairo declaration, as it became known is Sharia compliant and hence anything but universal. Still the UNDR is under attack in Europe with many jurisdictions deferring to Sharia in order to basically pander to Islamic religious conservatives, as the article below demonstrates.

http://www.rferl.org/content/Islams_Challenges_To_Universal_Human_Rights/1357912.html

You said no country governed by Sharia law had signed up to the declaration; I pointed out that some had.

I did not say all.

0/10

But what you forget is that in the UK we have the rule of law; which means the authorities have to gather sufficient evidence before they can arrest, let alone charge, anyone.

This takes time.

Thatcher tried locking up suspected terrorists and terrorist supporters without due process in the 1970's.

She also tried gagging those dubbed 'terrorist mouthpieces.'

That did a lot of good; NOT!

Takes time, but not a decade. The only reason he has not been arrested before is the same old PC fear of racist accusations and victimising Muslims crap, just the same as the Rotherham abuse scandal. He is of course on benfits while plotting to place a jihadist rule in the UK, so will be getting free legal aid and probably a host of over extra things as well. Please don't try to derail this by going on about the IRA, the thread is about Jihadists, not Irish republicans or the divine Margaret, PBUH!

Edited by jacky54

I see a few clerics and academics are now writing articles condemning ISIS. It's amazing what a few missiles can do to focus the mind. Apparently these missiles are interfering with the beheading processes !

quite, if they were winning still they would be no doubt praising their 'brothers in arms'

Are there any sizable pub car parks, centrally located where both sides of this argument could gather for a " straightener ". I recommend a good old scrap to express opinions, followed by a few beers and further discussion - followed by a further scrap to end the night'. No knives, guns or other weapons- just a good old fashioned ruck with lots of blood and beer.

I'll make one ......... So let's build it from here ?

<snip>

Please (7by7) don't try to derail this by going on about the IRA, the thread is about Jihadists, not Irish republicans or the divine Margaret.

Not derailing, using a valid example from recent history to show that locking people up on mere suspicion and removing their right of free speech, as many have advocated here, does more harm than good. It increased support for the IRA, and UDA don't forget, in the 1970's and would do the same for Islamic fundamentalists now.

Attributed to many, such as Edmund Burke: “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

I see a few clerics and academics are now writing articles condemning ISIS. It's amazing what a few missiles can do to focus the mind. Apparently these missiles are interfering with the beheading processes !

Would these be the same clerics and academics that have been condemning IS and other extremists for years?

Would these be the same clerics and academics that have been condemning IS and other extremists for years?

well we don't know. What we do know is despite promising to post links to your ideas posted on this thread to combat Jihad, you have still not yet done so, but have time to post meaningless questions

<snip>

Please (7by7) don't try to derail this by going on about the IRA, the thread is about Jihadists, not Irish republicans or the divine Margaret.

Not derailing, using a valid example from recent history to show that locking people up on mere suspicion and removing their right of free speech, as many have advocated here, does more harm than good. It increased support for the IRA, and UDA don't forget, in the 1970's and would do the same for Islamic fundamentalists now.

Attributed to many, such as Edmund Burke: “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

Hmmm, the bloke who has just been arrested has had YEARS of being left alone, now shit I hope will hit his fan......You can make excuses for this vermin every day but I think the tide is turning.

• Like 2

At least there is now a major defaming of Extreme Islam. Somehow, someway, the people that can make a difference are now publically condemning this. These are the folk that can order military action, but us minions have had to shout and scream for 10 years to get folk to listen !

I think most folk that have contributed to this extended thread - are probably (?) decent folk and might actually enjoy each other's company - religious views apart! I will say again - I am an Atheist - I believe in very little, science apart. However, I can't stomach crap and crazy extreme views about anything. I just wish that more people could ditch religious beliefs and replace them with with a bit of common sense - no losing of face is required !

A growler washed down with a pint ok?

I think most folk that have contributed to this extended thread - are probably (?) decent folk and might actually enjoy each other's company - religious views apart! I will say again - I am an Atheist - I believe in very little, science apart. However, I can't stomach crap and crazy extreme views about anything. I just wish that more people could ditch religious beliefs and replace them with with a bit of common sense - no losing of face is required !

Will it be real ale.?.............wub.png

• Like 1

Will it be real ale.?.............wub.png

Sorry - I'm a Yorkshireman - I only understand " straighteners " but happy to engage.

7x7 - do you agree that free speech - as per the hate speech on the streets of UK is a good thing?

You ask if I agree; does that you mean you hold that view and are asking if I agree with you?

If so; no, I don't.

If you have poorly worded your question and are asking if I think hate speech, on the streets of the UK or anywhere else, is a good thing; no, I don't.

In an ideal world the right of freedom of speech would be absolute.

But we do not live in an ideal world; therefore this right, like many others, needs to be a qualified one.

Incitement of prejudice toward, hate of or violence toward anyone is wrong. In the UK we have laws against such incitement; whether those doing the inciting are Muslim clerics, white supremacists or anyone else.

Such laws will be necessary for as long as people exist who hate and preach violence against others because they have a different skin colour, different religious beliefs, different sexuality, different anything or for any other reason.

well we don't know. What we do know is despite promising to post links to your ideas posted on this thread to combat Jihad, you have still not yet done so, but have time to post meaningless questions

I told you I would do so when you have answered the question I put directly to you.

So stop repeating yourself and answer it.

Anjem Choudary nicked!

About time.

What did he call his benefits hand outs? My Jihad money.

Jihad Seekers Allowance.

rolleyes.gif

Thanks. I just boot my boot through the laptop.

All those, particularly those with power over us all, the politicians and Whitehall, should watch this and then make a speech about the smooth integration of Islam into a multicultural society. Then watch it again.

I would like to share with you something regarding the few "muslim moderates" who have spoken condemning IS. In the UK there are now a number who have written some meaningless letter/fatwa condemning IS. Looks promising, doesn't it? It is not.

In the USA the council on american islamic relations CAIR has posted some meaningless letter as well and filling their protest to IS with what appears to be facts refuting IS' authority to begin the caliphate. Looks promising, doesn't it? It is not.

What do these "moderate muslims" in the US and UK have in common? The muslim brotherhood. The reason they protest IS is not because they have no authority its because they believe the muslim brotherhood does. The MB is incredibly entrenched in many quasi government positions and NGOs around the world. They are quite rich and they have been working toward restoring the caliphate for nearly 100 years. These "moderate muslims" protest that it is not MB.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cair-100-muslim-scholars-leaders-to-issue-open-letter-refuting-isis-ideology-276818941.html

http://rt.com/uk/184112-british-muslim-fatwa-isis/

• Like 1

I would like to share with you something regarding the few "muslim moderates" who have spoken condemning IS. In the UK there are now a number who have written some meaningless letter/fatwa condemning IS. Looks promising, doesn't it? It is not.

In the USA the council on american islamic relations CAIR has posted some meaningless letter as well and filling their protest to IS with what appears to be facts refuting IS' authority to begin the caliphate. Looks promising, doesn't it? It is not.

What do these "moderate muslims" in the US and UK have in common? The muslim brotherhood. The reason they protest IS is not because they have no authority its because they believe the muslim brotherhood does. The MB is incredibly entrenched in many quasi government positions and NGOs around the world. They are quite rich and they have been working toward restoring the caliphate for nearly 100 years. These "moderate muslims" protest that it is not MB.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cair-100-muslim-scholars-leaders-to-issue-open-letter-refuting-isis-ideology-276818941.html

http://rt.com/uk/184112-british-muslim-fatwa-isis/

Just proves no matter what a Islamic organisation says you and others dismiss out of hand.

From some of your posts you claim your previous employer was / is contributing to the problems of Jihadism. With all your years of hands on experience with Islamic extremism, right now are you actually making any contribution that makes a positive difference?

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1