Ch Mai Immigration online queue working?

ByblosYuNaiSoi

Hi,

I just tried to make an appointment with Immigration in CNX via the online queue system* / http://chiangmaiimm.com/th/queue-online.html /

I choose a date (Sept 23). The form below registers the date. However, the "time" pull-down menu does not work; no times are given. I tried dates all the way to 100-day limit outward; no times listed. Screen shot of results attached.

Is the system faulty or down today (11 am Sept 2), are there REALLY no times available, or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks in advance, Paul

*Non Imm O A extension, first time, deadline Oct 11.

queue site screen shot.docx

I am sure dates for 23rd September will be booked, I always wait

till just after midnight ,100 days before the date i require,book it,

check back later same day ,all slots are taken,I don't know if Visa

agents use this method to book all their places or just walk in,if

they do use the web site will explain why the go so quickly.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Just checked the on line queue and indeed all places are booked for September,

you will just have to get yourself to the immigration offices very soon on the 23rd

and hope you get a place for the morning session,otherwise you could be there

most of the day,depending on how busy it is.

regards Worgeordie

Thanks for clarifying - Did you have the same experience as me: the pull-down "times" menu shows nothing?

It seems clear that somebody is snapping up all the times 100 days in advance, probably agents. Makes it about useless for ordinary people who do their extensions once a year... Puttin it on my Google calendar now...

Hi

If of any interest, i do have an appointment on the 19'th of September 9 o'clock, which i am unable to attend to. Apparently to delete an appointment online is not an option, or

just beyond my ability. As i recall it is ok to transfer the appointment.

rasmus

I booked one for Sept 23 but never got a confirmation on it. It is a couple of weeks early so I guess I will have to take my chances on it and if it does not work out go in at 6 in the morning.

6 in the morning can be too late.

Went at 5.30 am weeks ago and received nr. 84.

They only give till 120...

I booked one for Sept 23 but never got a confirmation on it. It is a couple of weeks early so I guess I will have to take my chances on it and if it does not work out go in at 6 in the morning.

6 in the morning can be too late.

Went at 5.30 am weeks ago and received nr. 84.

They only give till 120...

About two weeks ago I went at 5:10am and got number 34. Went for a marriage extension and they take your photo at the office so if you spend the cash and use a visa agent you might have to go anyway?

HI,

Context: I have no, zero experience with Chiang Mai immigration (several times to BKK immigration)

So are following correct?

- They give a finite number of extension appointments each day

- People tend to arrive really early and get appointment tickets, for a specific time to appear

- If you show up later in the day, you simply won't be able to get the extension accomplished.

Has anyone had a different experience regarding going later?

HI,

Context: I have no, zero experience with Chiang Mai immigration (several times to BKK immigration)

- People tend to arrive really early and get appointment tickets, for a specific time to appear

- If you show up later in the day, you simply won't be able to get the extension accomplished.

Depends what type of extension you need. What you said is correct for retirement and marriage extensions -- you come early,early, early get a queue ticket and once the day's allotment is given out, that's it -- there ain't no more. The queue ticket doesn't have a specific time, but you can get a good idea of when you should return.

If you go in later in the day for a marriage or retirement extension you'll be told to return the next day.

Other types of extensions are processed at different desks. Tourist and medical extensions, I know from recent experience, don't fill up until later in the morning and often they'll work in a medical extension in the afternoon, especially if you bring in someone who looks to be at death's door.

HI,

Immigration provide a queue number between 7 and 7.30 for the first 120 applications. Depending on the type of visa you can be lucky to be accepted even after the 120 first applications.

First people start the queue around 5 am...

Immigration office starts applications around 8.30 am and they will provide you a final, second queue number according to your type of visa application.

Need to say that yes, the immigration officers are helpful and friendly.

They know that the office is too small.

Edited by Thorgal

i started trying to book an appointment 3 months before sept. 11 . at first sept. was not available to make appointments. the first day that sept.was opened, all appointments were already booked-- it seems all appointments were taken as if by magic before an individual had a chance.

i started trying to book an appointment 3 months before sept. 11 . at first sept. was not available to make appointments. the first day that sept.was opened, all appointments were already booked-- it seems all appointments were taken as if by magic before an individual had a chance.

Read and consider the details. It is not magic.

Hi R - sorry about that but at least it makes clear that I'm not the only one. Some agencies are probably getting to it at "the moment.'" Which sucks.

Hi R - sorry about that but at least it makes clear that I'm not the only one. Some agencies are probably getting to it at "the moment.'" Which sucks.

What is the difference if "some agencies" make the appointments or individuals make the appointments? Many people post that they try to make appointments at the earliest hour, whether they are successful or not, and that would still fill the time slots.

Unless the agenices are doing something against the rules, which I have seen no proof of, it works out the same way.

It's my understanding they open up the queue at 0:00 midnight. At least when I've been successful in booking it's been in the wee hours. Right now, 100 days out is in December and that's always a very bad time for Immigration bookings -- high season and many Thai holidays.

I am sure dates for 23rd September will be booked, I always wait

till just after midnight ,100 days before the date i require,book it,

check back later same day ,all slots are taken,I don't know if Visa

agents use this method to book all their places or just walk in,if

they do use the web site will explain why the go so quickly.

regards Worgeordie

I tried booking a few days ago for an appt. in mid. to late November to renew my Marriage Visa. All full! Perhaps one/some of the agents who make a living from renewals could enlighten us as to whether they make block bookings.

Last year I tried booking 89 days ahead and also had a similar problem. I checked a week before my expiry and lo and behold there was one slot free, which I gratefully took so as to avoid the bear pit scenario that so often prevails at this dump of an office. The staff deserve better than this too.

Best to start looking for an appointment 30 days earlier than your actual renewal date and that gives you a lot of attempts at getting a slot.

My renewal is due September 11th, but I did it on August 13th.

Okay, thanks for this and will keep you all posted.

Best to start looking for an appointment 30 days earlier than your actual renewal date and that gives you a lot of attempts at getting a slot.

My renewal is due September 11th, but I did it on August 13th.

Okay, thanks for this and will keep you all posted.

Even though you go up to 30 days early it still runs from your original date, in my case until Sept 11th 2015,

So you don't lose any time.

Arent you allowed to extend visa 30 days before expiration date which would of course mean you could book a date 130 days before

You are right. I always count back 30 days from my renewal date and then 100 days back from that to set the date to start hitting the online que. That way you have 20 chances (no weekends) of getting an appointment. Was lucky this year. Managed to get it about 25 days out from the due date. Of course, I was checking about 12:15 a.m. biggrin.png

Good luck.

David

• Like 1

Arent you allowed to extend visa 30 days before expiration date which would of course mean you could book a date 130 days before

You are right. I always count back 30 days from my renewal date and then 100 days back from that to set the date to start hitting the online que. That way you have 20 chances (no weekends) of getting an appointment. Was lucky this year. Managed to get it about 25 days out from the due date. Of course, I was checking about 12:15 a.m. biggrin.png

Good luck.

David

That's the way the game is played!