Epson Epl-6200l Driver Needed

sabaijai

I lost the driver for my Epson EPL-6200L during a recent HD crash and unfortunately can't find the original CD. Does anyone have the driver for this printer, or know where I might find one? I downloaded what was purported to be the driver for this printer from Epson's website but the file appears to be corrupted. After extracting with WinZip is simply doesn't run.

Thanks.

I lost the driver for my Epson EPL-6200L during a recent HD crash and unfortunately can't find the original CD. Does anyone have the driver for this printer, or know where I might find one? I downloaded what was purported to be the driver for this printer from Epson's website but the file appears to be corrupted. After extracting with WinZip is simply doesn't run.

Thanks.

After you extract the .zip file you should have a file called 'setup.exe' or 'install.exe'. When you double click on this what happens? If you do not have this what files do you have, such as .inf? If you see a .inf file then you can go to the control panel and "add new printer" and point to this .inf file when it asks. Probably not a corrupted file or the zip file would have failed to extract anything.

And make sure you downloaded the correct version for your OS (XP, 98, etc.).

Edited by tywais

Thanks.

After you extract the .zip file you should have a file called 'setup.exe' or 'install.exe'. When you double click on this what happens? If you do not have this what files do you have, such as .inf? If you see a .inf file then you can go to the control panel and "add new printer" and point to this .inf file when it asks. Probably not a corrupted file or the zip file would have failed to extract anything.

And make sure you downloaded the correct version for your OS (XP, 98, etc.).

I downloaded for Windows XP. When I try to run setup.exe I get the message "Setup cannot load library module. Setup disk may be damaged." I tried redownloading and re-extracting several times, same result each time.

I checked driverguide.com and they don't have this driver either. Do you think it's worth downloading the one from Epson's site designated for Windows NT? I notice that the file size is exactly the same, 2.8M, which suggests it may be the same file?

No harm in trying the NT driver, it may work. Anythings better than nothing. If that doesn't work try an XP driver for a similar Epson printer. I had to do this with a Brother fax printer before.

I checked driverguide.com and they don't have this driver either. Do you think it's worth downloading the one from Epson's site designated for Windows NT? I notice that the file size is exactly the same, 2.8M, which suggests it may be the same file?

I have the CD for the EPL-6200 ->note: NOT EPL-6200L which is the "lite" version of the EPL-6200

If you think it may help I can try to zip it up (not sure if it works!). it (the CD) is about 58MB and a good e-mail account like G-Mail at your end would be helpful to send such a large file.

regards

opalhort

I have the CD for the EPL-6200 ->note: NOT EPL-6200L which is the "lite" version of the EPL-6200

If you think it may help I can try to zip it up (not sure if it works!). it (the CD) is about 58MB and a good e-mail account like G-Mail at your end would be helpful to send such a large file.

regards

opalhort

Thanks opalhort, I'll pm you with my gmail address. Really appreciate it, can't find this driver anywhere.