3 Thai police officers sentenced to life in prison for drug trafficking

webfact

Just the "TIP OF THE ICEBERG". Many (and I mean Many) Thai Police feel like they themselves are above the law. Two of my 'Thai' wife's family are medium level police in Korat, and I must say they are no credit to Thailand................... Drunk 'on duty' most every day just to mention one thing.................. In Pattaya I know two police who own and rent a large number of houses, (Where did that money come from to buy them - I wonder)............................

I hope they get a few more of them (I say 'few' because I think there are so many of them involved in drugs) and I see often Thai youth ruined by drugs).

It is only fitting that this scum will 'rot in Prison'.................

Good work to to the Thai justice system in this case..........................

Thai Police feel like they themselves are above the law

I'd put it that the Police think they are the law as they bend it anyway they like when dealing with civilians.

But I do see your point and agree they should 'rot in Prison' or better 'be suspended from a tight rope'.

I've heard that in the UK convicted police do not fair well as prisoners. Prison guards treat them like <deleted>. Wonder if the same is true of Thailand.

Am i reading this right ? Three highly ranked caught with large amount of drugs in police vehicle, get imprisonment.

Two civilians waiting to collect the drugs get DEATH penalty. This cannot be right ? w00t.giffacepalm.gif

You've not read it at all, the death sentences were commuted to life.

But the court decided to commute their death terms to life imprisonment

But only for the 3 policemen. 2 civilians get death penalty. That's how I read it.

But likely commuted to Life, too.

Am i reading this right ? Three highly ranked caught with large amount of drugs in police vehicle, get imprisonment.

Two civilians waiting to collect the drugs get DEATH penalty. This cannot be right ? w00t.giffacepalm.gif

You've not read it at all, the death sentences were commuted to life.

But the court decided to commute their death terms to life imprisonment

But only for the 3 policemen. 2 civilians get death penalty. That's how I read it.

But likely commuted to life, too.

This is not justice. The sentences are far too extreme. In addition, that doesn't mean that others in the same jurisdiction won't do the same thing, but have merely gotten competition out of the way. Young 25 year-old Thai boys being sentenced to death is far too extreme, I think it should be considered cruel and unusual punishment and a violation of human rights.

Come-on, how can you say that?

Do these scum worry about wrecking the lives of the addicts (and I'm not defending the addicts either), who are given a life sentence of misery, just so the dealers can drive the latest model car or wear a Rolex watch? I DON'T THINK SO.

As for the involved Police.................. Just imagine you're driving down the road and you get a pain in the chest. In your car is your wife and child/children. You also have a briefcase containing thousands of dollars. You SHOULD be able to stop the car and call for assistance from the Police and the medics without having to worry. You SHOULD feel safe in the knowledge that the medics will look after you, and your family and money are safely being looked after by the Police. To betray the trust placed on you as a sworn Police Officer is just about as low as you can get. This is not 'selfrightous' clap-trap or a 'day-dream'............... I was a Police Officer for over 35 years and NEVER betrayed the trust placed in me once and I NEVER witnessed such betrayal.

They all deserve everything they get, however I think that the civilians getting the death penalty and the Police not, is grossly unfair.

PLEASE DON'T START SPLITTING HAIR OVER THE RIGHTS AND WRONGS OF DRUG TAKING. I'M ANTI DRUGS BUT I'M PRO JUSTICE.

welcome to Thailand

PLEASE DON'T START SPLITTING HAIR OVER THE RIGHTS AND WRONGS OF DRUG TAKING. I'M ANTI DRUGS BUT I'M PRO JUSTICE.

Being anti-drugs in general is being anti-justice. The drug laws are not just, especially if people who choose to consume substances of their own free will and do not cause any harm to others are treated as criminals under such laws and imprisoned.

Death penalty and life sentence for drug trafficking, 1st offense is a bit harsh. Cant believe people from western countries saying this sentence is lenient, heck in the west you'd be free in 3-4 years if it was your first offence.

Life sentence in a thai prison is no different from a death sentence anyway.

WOW. So who caught them? Other cops? Maybe I missed something in the article... police arresting police???? in Thailand??? Now that's news to me..... NICE. Maybe there is a slight chance Thailand can change. Humnnnnnnn???????

You can read about the nearly two-year ago arrest at:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/605348-cops-dealt-drugs-from-police-pick-up-chalerm/

drug-suppression police arrested regular police I think you'll find it was.

Different divisions, different agendas, different xxxx.

Don't step on my patch was probably a lot to do with it I'm thinking.

Whatever, it's some scum off the street for a time. Hope they took away the pensions as well.