Thai woman orders iPhone from a Facebook page, gets underwear instead

webfact

Woman Orders iPhone, Gets Underwear Instead
By Khaosod English

14116327551411633047l.jpg
Roongnapa Champasri, 40, received a package of underpants in the mail instead of the two iPhones she ordered, 25 Sept 2014.

PATHUM THANI — A woman in Pathum Thani province is seeking help from police after she received a package of underpants in the mail instead of the two iPhones she ordered.

Roongnapa Champasri, 40, said she and her 19-year-old daughter ordered two iPhone 4S devices from a Facebook page that claimed to sell them for 3,000 baht a piece. But the package that arrived contained only underwear and a set of male pajamas, Ms. Roongnapa said.

After realising she had been scammed, Ms. Roongnapa tried to call the seller but no one picked up. Meanwhile, the Facebook page had already disappeared.

According to Ms. Roongnapa, the seller claimed to be a man named Abhisit Vejjapan, which is strangely similar to the name of former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva. The package appears to have been mailed from Udon Thani province.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1411632755

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-09-25

What is so sad about victims like this is that they are often so trusting because they are honest people who believe others are like them.

No honest person would think you could buy an iPhone for 3000 baht. They probably thought they were buying stolen goods. I have no sympathy with people that gullible.

• Like 1

What is so sad about victims like this is that they are often so trusting because they are honest people who believe others are like them.

No honest person would think you could buy an iPhone for 3000 baht. They probably thought they were buying stolen goods. I have no sympathy with people that gullible.

If that is the case then you should call them lying criminals and not gullible as this would imply they were duped by being too trusting (a common trait of children and elderly) - which actually goes along with what they stated they were in the article and as would be indicated by their going to the police. But you certainly are welcome to your opinion the mother and daughter cannot be honest people and knowingly trying to buy stolen goods.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

I always think the old adage is true - You can't cheat an honest man!!

The adage is 'you can't cheat a cheater'.

Oh my God this is disgusting the worst news of the month by far, all the other stuff, murders, rape, crooked cops, ATM skimmers, corruption pales into insignificance against this.

Heck if people cant trust facebook what can they trust in this world.

There must be millions of previously trusting and now distraught addicted users weeping into their keyboards over this.

Fortunately I'm not one of them so I can still smile.

• Like 1