Honda CBR650F current pricings

sup3r1or

I wanted to ask if anyone has brochure on hand with current pricing for credit at Honda BIGWING BANGKOK.

Also if I buy in BKK can I service in Chiang Mai?

NyomPanich Credit is not good at all compared to AP Honda. Percentage and deposit is higher.

Their website doesn't show anything at all!!! All fields are blank.

Thank you.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one is July 2014

No matter how you cut it looks like 10% or roughly 30k more to finance

If you can swing it stay away from financing especially here in Thailand where interest does not change even

if you pay off early

post-82547-0-06948000-1412316156_thumb.j

Have you looked at used? There are some killer low miles deals out there already with 50k of upgrades going for 260-270k

This one has Ohlin Shock+ other upgrades

IMqPFA.JPG

Y8vKd8.JPG

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Not sure I can go full swing at the moment. If I wait I need to save for about a year or more. Used is a good idea but then again there is no financing and the price from new is not much different. I prefer buying new so I can take care of the bike myself, last Versys I bought from a Thai guy ne never looked after a bike as I understood as the chain was hanging almost all the way to the floor.

Mania,

Yes this seems like a great deal specially with financing. Deposit slightly high. My biggest challenge is not so much finances, but WIFE lol. Endless grinding.... why things have to be so complicated.... and never will she understand my love for the bikes. Even if I was given a choice of free car or free bike I would choose a bike. Does that happen to you when wife wants to buy something no questions asked:) but other way around not possible.

• Like 1

Mania,

I kind of miss my 500cbr. I definitely liked it a bit more than Versys in terms of looks and it was much smoother to ride easier to maneuver in the city.smile.png I do not know why, but I really like the CBR650F was looking at the naked one as well but practically no fairing, not a fan of getting blown away with the wind. CBR650 I tried for a test drive it felt smooth and comfortable, seat was so damn comfortable, love the big rear wheel and dual disc brakes, which was my biggest gripe about 500, swing- arm looks sleek as well reminds me of 1000rr.

Mania at this price there is absolutely nothing (apart from benelli) on a market with in-line four. It's not massively powerful but I dont need much on these roads, of course its good to have a bit of extra power overtaking on highway pickup trucks that go 120-130.

If I knew about 650 when I was buying CBR500 I would have held off for a year:)

Edited by sup3r1or

Mania,

its good to have a bit of extra power overtaking on highway pickup trucks that go 120-130.

I dont think you would have a problem overtaking any car at 120-130. 0-200 of CBR650 is quite quick.

Thats right but I was going full whack on 500 at times when I needed to do it quickly and wasnt impressed specially if an as...le at the side starts to accelerate just to annoy you.

Yes I just saw this on FB yesterday

The 500 is good till 160 but struggles from 160kph & has not much left after that

I was a bit surprised as i thought it did better

But this guy is pretty clear

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1489892741262737&set=o.346233705508275&type=2&theater

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Thats right but I was going full whack on 500 at times when I needed to do it quickly and wasnt impressed specially if an as...le at the side starts to accelerate just to annoy you.

Yes I just saw this on FB yesterday

The 500 is good till 160 but struggles from 160kph & has not much left after that

I was a bit surprised as i thought it did better

But this guy is pretty clear

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1489892741262737&set=o.346233705508275&type=2&theater

Mine struggles from 130kph, but it's a bit heavier than most CB500s... whistling.gif

• Like 1

Yes and those who claimed with a passanger they can easily hot 180 its a biggest load of tuck.

Now back to the topic, woked out with wife. Have to wait till I sign new contract and then 1st salary is a go. Probably end of November if lucky.

Mania, I have never considered CB650 at all but after I was at BigWing Yesterday and tried it I must say I'm thinking. They didnt have CBR to compare for a ride, only 1 on the display and very heavily modified. I thought it was way too leaning forward position, but I suspect it was modified. CB650 is nice sitting position, a bit too high for me it feels like I sit on a fuel tank and windscreen is a must.

Most of my riding will be done off the tracks with occasional long trips. There is a big debate, my love for looks of sport usually wins over comfort. There were times on 500 when I was aching all over but when I stop to eat I would just look and admire it. Sort of like people who wall in love with Hayabusa 1300, its not comfy and not practical but they love it.

Yes and those who claimed with a passanger they can easily hot 180 its a biggest load of tuck.

Now back to the topic, woked out with wife. Have to wait till I sign new contract and then 1st salary is a go. Probably end of November if lucky.

Mania, I have never considered CB650 at all but after I was at BigWing Yesterday and tried it I must say I'm thinking. They didnt have CBR to compare for a ride, only 1 on the display and very heavily modified. I thought it was way too leaning forward position, but I suspect it was modified. CB650 is nice sitting position, a bit too high for me it feels like I sit on a fuel tank and windscreen is a must.

Most of my riding will be done off the tracks with occasional long trips. There is a big debate, my love for looks of sport usually wins over comfort. There were times on 500 when I was aching all over but when I stop to eat I would just look and admire it. Sort of like people who wall in love with Hayabusa 1300, its not comfy and not practical but they love it.

yes, you can hit 180 kph with a passenger with cbr500r. maybe you couldn't superior. you have to rev it.

i believe cbr650f is a good bike and ergonomics are not much different than cbr500r. And it is very comfy, riding it is a breeze.

you cannot go wrong with one and anyway for that price you dont have any other better choice - especially if you dont like kawa versys and i am sure you do not go buy an inferior twin potter er6f for the same price.

for 300 k thb it is a blast and can do whatever you throw at it, from track to commuting to touring.

Edited by ll2

Everybody has different taste. However, it is the fact that with CB and CBR650F brought in Thai market, sales of kawa er6n/650 ninja will drop dramatically for sure. Unless they decrease the price though.

4cyl vs 2cyl, HP difference, smoother ride etc are the pros of cbr. On top of that price is very competitive along with Honda quality and durability.

• Like 2

yes, you can hit 180 kph with a passenger with cbr500r. maybe you couldn't superior. you have to rev it.

i believe cbr650f is a good bike and ergonomics are not much different than cbr500r. And it is very comfy, riding it is a breeze.

you cannot go wrong with one and anyway for that price you dont have any other better choice - especially if you dont like kawa versys and i am sure you do not go buy an inferior twin potter er6f for the same price.

for 300 k thb it is a blast and can do whatever you throw at it, from track to commuting to touring.

LL I wanted to ask about it? Did you buy cash or in credit? How long does it usually take to get credit approved for a Thai person?

In regards to bike, I had versys for about 5 months and sold it later. It was nice for touring but something about it put me off. Few questions to you about your bike:

1. Riding position, the one I saw on I believe had been modified as it felt like CBR600RR grips were very low. How is it here compared to 500? Lower or the same? Have you tried any long journeys? Pain?:)

2. What the mileage do you get in a comfort cruising speed of 120-130?

3. Have you tried CB at all?

I was told at CM that Red color is ready to pick up same day, where as black I need to wait. In any case Im not buying yet I think maybe end of next month if all goes well with a job.

Credit seems to be better at Bangkok, Nyom Panich is charging 9% compared to BKK 3.75 It only comes up to 400-500 bht difference, but after 2-3 years that comes out to 16k which is a lot. Plus deposit at Chiang Mai is 105k.

If I buy in BKK it will be a hell to drive it to Phayao or Lampang where I will be living soon. By the time I reach Phayao it will be time for 1st service LOL.

LL I wanted to ask about it? Did you buy cash or in credit? How long does it usually take to get credit approved for a Thai person?

In regards to bike, I had versys for about 5 months and sold it later. It was nice for touring but something about it put me off. Few questions to you about your bike:

1. Riding position, the one I saw on I believe had been modified as it felt like CBR600RR grips were very low. How is it here compared to 500? Lower or the same? Have you tried any long journeys? Pain?:)

2. What the mileage do you get in a comfort cruising speed of 120-130?

3. Have you tried CB at all?

I was told at CM that Red color is ready to pick up same day, where as black I need to wait. In any case Im not buying yet I think maybe end of next month if all goes well with a job.

Credit seems to be better at Bangkok, Nyom Panich is charging 9% compared to BKK 3.75 It only comes up to 400-500 bht difference, but after 2-3 years that comes out to 16k which is a lot. Plus deposit at Chiang Mai is 105k.

If I buy in BKK it will be a hell to drive it to Phayao or Lampang where I will be living soon. By the time I reach Phayao it will be time for 1st service LOL.

I bought mine trade in - cbr500r - and cash on top.

Finance is hard to get for foreigners even if you have a guaranteur.

And what i hear finance companies take financing serious nowadays.

Ergonomics wise, cbr650f is close to cbr500r maybe 650f has a bit more lower clip ons.

I am close to 15.000 kms now at odo and made lots of touring. It is very comfy and just made for Thailand.

Also 86 hp is plenty.

Tried cb. Good for city. upright ergonomics. Also feel light. But If you want touring, cbr650f is the answer.

Used is a good idea but then again there is no financing and the price from new is not much different. I prefer buying new so I can take care of the bike myself, last Versys I bought from a Thai guy ne never looked after a bike as I understood as the chain was hanging almost all the way to the floor.

I wouldn't call 3576km on the clock used...broken in barely smile.png

Not to mention 50k at least on mods added already?

This seems like a case of a guy buying the 650 tricking it out & realizing it would never be what he wanted

either that or could not pay as it seems that ad is offering financing too.

I like new too but here in LOS these days is not like before where bikes hold their value

Anyone buying new unless they intend to keep 5 years is losing IMO

Next time "if" I buy here in Thailand again I buy slightly used 4 sure

Yes that's right, 2nd hand prices are buyers market and you can haggle, lots of baht to be saved but be careful, check the service book and signs of crashes.

But as sup3r1or said, a very loose chain is not a good sign and I think I would have walked away in that case.

Regarding the egonomics, there is one superb website to check it out and compare to other bikes: http://cycle-ergo.com/ You can even use your mouse scroll wheel to transition between bikes. Love it. If only you could somehow save/share a selection of bikes.

The CBR650F is slightly more forward leaning than the CBR500R. The CB650F is totally upright and very relaxed.

Personally am leaning towards the CB650F because of the ergonomics plus I am not a fan of the single head light of the CBR650F, I think it looks not even as good as the CBR500R let alone some other bikes. Apart from the front, everything else looks much better though, especially in red like the one in the pictures posted above. Tough choice between red CBR and tri-color CB for me. But definitely wait until end of November because who knows what the EICMA might bring. I doubt it but maybe some alternative might come up.

There are bikes that would excite me more but right now I am looking to replace my CBR500R with something that's good at commuting meaning smooth and easy ride. Not many options at reasonably priced inline 4s, there's basically only the Z800 but without ABS it's no no-go plus quite a bit heaver. Something for the heart will come later :)

LL, I will let my wife take finance. Ducati CM can go ahead without guarantor, so said kawa but they dont have anything I want. I like the hypermortard but at 500k its a bit too much.

About 86 BHP that is still very questionable I saw dyno test when I was there was 73 on a black one. Maybe aftermarket full system with air filter and PC can fix that.

Eisfeld, good point you make. Before I sat down on CB650 I wasnt even considering it. But it urgently needs a good windscreen. I wait as well for end of november. Whats EICMA Milan Autoshow?

Kawa Z800 is a great bike, super heavy though AND at 375k NO Abs? I saw one guy fall down on a circuit when his front wheel locked up during brake training. Felt sorry for him and the bike.

LL, I will let my wife take finance. Ducati CM can go ahead without guarantor, so said kawa but they dont have anything I want. I like the hypermortard but at 500k its a bit too much.

About 86 BHP that is still very questionable I saw dyno test when I was there was 73 on a black one. Maybe aftermarket full system with air filter and PC can fix that.

Eisfeld, good point you make. Before I sat down on CB650 I wasnt even considering it. But it urgently needs a good windscreen. I wait as well for end of november. Whats EICMA Milan Autoshow?

Kawa Z800 is a great bike, super heavy though AND at 375k NO Abs? I saw one guy fall down on a circuit when his front wheel locked up during brake training. Felt sorry for him and the bike.

86 hp questionable? Superior better do some reading about dyno tests and how it changes dyno to dyno.

I see a dyno showing 81 rear wheel hp as well.

Hope yout wife works witha good salary as banks take it serious now on finance. Heard many turned down finance.

EICMA is the Milan Motorcycle show, they describe themselves as "The biggest event in the world dedicated To 2 Wheels": http://www.eicma.it/en/

Honda unveiled the current 650s at last years EICMA. Maybe a 2015 version this time? If so then probably only color changes. Just 3 more weeks so no reason to rush now :)

There are fly screens for the CB650F but of course they only help so much...

• Like 1

There are fly screens for the CB650F but of course they only help so much...

To be honest even on fully faring sport bike types & even with newer style double bubble windscreens

wind is a fact even on sport bikes when you get over 150kph or so

What it really comes down to at speeds where wind is noticeable is your helmet shape ( very big differences here )

& your ability to position yourself on the bike close to tank letting wind sweep up over your helmet

This has always been my experience on many bikes of different shapes & sizes

The Helmet shape thing I cannot over emphasize.

There are helmets that do so well at high speeds against wind they do not move at all.

Yet others make you feel like a bobble head the way the wind buffets your head around wink.png

Edited by mania

Greenwing wont tell as 500 series usually exclusive to BigWing. I think around Jan-Feb next year. Dont expect much of a change there.

LL,

She works as a law lecturer in the university, hopefully that will be sufficient to get a finance with me as well when I get WP.

Greenwing wont tell as 500 series usually exclusive to BigWing. I think around Jan-Feb next year. Dont expect much of a change there.

LL,

She works as a law lecturer in the university, hopefully that will be sufficient to get a finance with me as well when I get WP.

yep, it should be ok then superior especially if she has a government contract.

• Like 1

LL,

yep, it should be ok then superior especially if she has a government contract.

Yes she works at Government university here in Phayao. How long do you think it will get to get finance sorted? I might start working soon so trying to find time. I really wish I could apply for finance without going to BKK and just go to pick it up once its there