Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

Lite Beer

Come on everyone on TV .. if you want to be sure about this then we need 10,000 sigs to move on it to petition the British Embassy and British government for another independent investigation, all people want is real justice and closure for David and Hannahs families, that means 100% without doubt .... get enough voices and the UK gov will have to open an investigation if they havnt already behind closed doors.

We can make a difference for once, all it takes are for good people to do something....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

Please Moderators im asking you on behalf of many do the right thing and let this link stay.

maybe somebody already mentioned this or is it just me who had to spend 15min to find out how this works? looks like all the sign up process is in thai when you are sitting in thailand. the language switcher is on the down right of the page...

Anyone else read the BP newspaper today where it said the phone found outside the suspect's home was David Miller's?

This is a first.

Actually the police said from the get go the phone belonged to one of the victims. Never said Hannah's especially not the same one they openly showed the collected on the first day.

not true

Or could it be that the social media has been grasping at straws for 3 weeks now .

Was it ever announced by the police that the found phone was Hannah's ?

It was always said announced as being ONE of the victim's phone, the social media conspiracy theorists added their own words to it.

Yes

Then provide a link, which you can't, or shut up.

Why?

if you would be interested in this case you have already read it in one of the many news articles published

I have read many news articles and have NEVER seen mentioned BY THE POLICE that the phone found behind the living quarters of the guys belonged to Hannah.

It was always said ONE OF THE VICTIMS.

So what it gone be, you provide a link, or you shut up your conspiracy nonsense.

• Like 1

Anyone else read the BP newspaper today where it said the phone found outside the suspect's home was David Miller's?

This is a first.

Yes it is a first.. Daily Mail on Oct 3 were still quoting police "Miss Witheridge`s mobile phone was found"

Maybe the DM `misunderstood` the police? That is possible.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Come on everyone on TV .. if you want to be sure about this then we need 10,000 sigs to move on it to petition the British Embassy and British government for another independent investigation, all people want is real justice and closure for David and Hannahs families, that means 100% without doubt .... get enough voices and the UK gov will have to open an investigation if they havnt already behind closed doors.

We can make a difference for once, all it takes are for good people to do something....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

Please Moderators im asking you on behalf of many do the right thing and let this link stay.

Up to 9,500 now... COME ON 10k alt=thumbsup.gif>

I want to 'vote', but the version of the 'change' website I get is all in Thai (I mean the area to be completed to register my 'vote').

Am I misunderstanding it? Or....

Same thing happens to me. Somebody should fix this quickly

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I want to 'vote', but the version of the 'change' website I get is all in Thai (I mean the area to be completed to register my 'vote').

After you sign in with your email or FB account, you are able to change it to English.

At that point you haven't signed the petition yet.

If you have signed in with your FB account and you sign the petition it will automatically share it on your FB page.

This is a first.

Actually the police said from the get go the phone belonged to one of the victims. Never said Hannah's especially not the same one they openly showed the collected on the first day.

not true
100% True --- people only speculated it was Hannah's they were talking about and the further speculated they were trying to say it was the same phone police displayed and collected in the first days. I have been reminding people since the whole facebook forensic folks started this that the police NEVER said it was her phone. Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Meanwhile, local officials in Surat Thani said yesterday that tourists were returning to Koh Tao resort island in droves after the alleged culprits in the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were arrested.

Thawisak Inphrom, the chief of Koh Pha-ngan district, of which Koh Tao is part, said that tourism on Koh Tao has become "busy again" following the arrests.

"Tourists now have become more confident about safety on the island, and they are confident the authorities can provide safety for them," he said.

Surat Thani Governor Chatpong Chatrapoot said the arrest of the suspects had helped restore confidence among prospective tourists to Koh Tao.

Not one bit of regret offered to the families of the victims, but hey the tourists are coming back so all is good in la la land so lets get back to scamming...thumbsup.gif

Returning in 'droves' eh. I'm surprised they are not 'rushing' to the scene.

Or could it be that the social media has been grasping at straws for 3 weeks now .

Was it ever announced by the police that the found phone was Hannah's ?

It was always said announced as being ONE of the victim's phone, the social media conspiracy theorists added their own words to it.

Yes

Then provide a link, which you can't, or shut up.

Why?

if you would be interested in this case you have already read it in one of the many news articles published

I have read many news articles and have NEVER seen mentioned BY THE POLICE that the phone found behind the living quarters of the guys belonged to Hannah.

So what it gone be, you provide a link, or you shut up your conspiracy nonsense.

Yes, you've read many articles but obviously you missed the one in the Bangkok Post that said it was Miss Witheridge's. I know - I read it.

I'm not going to provide a link because we can't link to this newspaper here, but if you send me a message, I'll gladly send you the link.

So can I just add... Never say NEVER!

This is a first.

not true
100% True --- people only speculated it was Hannah's they were talking about and the further speculated they were trying to say it was the same phone police displayed and collected in the first days. I have been reminding people since the whole facebook forensic folks started this that the police NEVER said it was her phone.

link to that 100%True please

Why?

from BP

How did Witheridge's mobile phone end up in the residence of one of the accused, where police said they found it, when in fact her friend had given it to police the day after the murders?

crazy.gif and that constitutes a police statement?

You do realize the word for his, him, she, her, they can all be the same in Thai,don't you? People made speculations but very clear police never said the phone was hers and regardless people never considered she might have two as do many visitors ... this was just more unsubstantiated fodder for the conspiracy folks stated as fact that never was ... as now appears to be confirmed.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

I signed this petition, I live in Thailand & tried to share it's link on my facebook home page. Even using a VPN it would not post on my page... I wonder why???

I've just looked at the arms, hands and faces of these two innocents on the photo's on the petition.

My god!!! I have never ever seen such injuries and burns all of my life!!! They are unrecognisable as human beings, so, whoever did this scandalous thing to them to get them to confess should be put behind bars for a very long time. Their hands are lobster red and their faces bloated - god I feel sick!!

Look if you dare, but be warned it is pretty gruesome!!!

• Like 2

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

What exactly is the "overwhelming evidence" you keep referring to? I think most people have very little faith in anything the BIB say especially after their lamentable performance in this case and we only know what they say about the DNA.They seem to be mostly relying on the "confessions" which are not evidence.

I'm really confused. The cops say they have 'witnesses'. What? to the actual murders or is the third Burmese turning Queens evidence (whether he's lying or not) to save his skin?

Fix what??? How difficult can it be???? Just type your 1st name in the first field, last name in the next field, email address in the third. Push the RED BUTTON.

Every time since yesterday that I have opened the link it is in Thai. I can't read Thai unfortunately. I have looked for an English option on the page, but am unable to find one.

Can someone advise me?

Bottom right hand corner. Switch to English.

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

it dosnt matter who did it only that they are caught and theres no doubt... As for the kid your on about theres another son and hes not being mentioned but hes real and was on Island at the time. Its a reasonable request to ask the appropriate questions of all.

The whole point of a separate investigation is to verify DNA matching and such... what is your problem with an independent agent or country doing this pref the UK whos citizens it was that were butchered ?

a match is a match right ? shouldnt matter who does it the results will be the same and ThaIand can then stick two fingers up at everyone and regain their honour .. they have everything to gain by doing so if on the level ............so what is the big deal here ?

Exactly, everyone here wants to see justice done, one way or the other, if we are wrong in our beliefs that doesn't matter, it's truth and just that's what it's all about.crazy.gif

What exactly is the "overwhelming evidence" you keep referring to? I think most people have very little faith in anything the BIB say especially after their lamentable performance in this case and we only know what they say about the DNA.They seem to be mostly relying on the "confessions" which are not evidence.

I'm really confused. The cops say they have 'witnesses'. What? to the actual murders or is the third Burmese turning Queens evidence (whether he's lying or not) to save his skin?

2 of their friends. One who left right before they committed the attacks and another who one of them gave the phone to get rid of. Assuming also people who saw them on the beach at that scene that night ... of course this to go along with video, confessions and dna evidence.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

I signed this petition, I live in Thailand & tried to share it's link on my facebook home page. Even using a VPN it would not post on my page... I wonder why???

I've just looked at the arms, hands and faces of these two innocents on the photo's on the petition.

My god!!! I have never ever seen such injuries and burns all of my life!!! They are unrecognisable as human beings, so, whoever did this scandalous thing to them to get them to confess should be put behind bars for a very long time. Their hands are lobster red and their faces bloated - god I feel sick!!

There are no such photos on the petition I signed. Not sure where you're getting that from.

the language switcher is on the down right of the page

Thanks. I've done it. Now everybody else do it too, for the sake of justice and decency as well as to assist the relatives who surely want the real culprits prosecuted and not the fitting up of scapegoats.

This is a first.

Yes it is a first.. Daily Mail on Oct 3 were still quoting police "Miss Witheridge`s mobile phone was found"

Maybe the DM `misunderstood` the police? That is possible.

Not the best source but if you look I bet you they don;t have this in quotes as you do.

This is a first.

not true
100% True --- people only speculated it was Hannah's they were talking about and the further speculated they were trying to say it was the same phone police displayed and collected in the first days. I have been reminding people since the whole facebook forensic folks started this that the police NEVER said it was her phone.

The statement police issued first was #Witheridges# phone was found near near the suspects home.

Look for the link yourself, ylou seem to be enjoyiong your xenophobic rants.

• Like 2

They were tortured with boiling water ?? Where is the smoking gun?? JUST another rumor. I didn't see any Burmese with burn marks. How did they know they were tortured ? Did they call and tell them? I doubt it.

Yes,...currently the torture is speculation,...based on documented/photographic evidence that the Ko Tao police tortured 3 of these Myanmar Nationals friends with boiling water.

The Myanmar embassy is correctly demanding an independent review,...including the alleged DNA evidence.

Considering Occam's Razor,...it appears to me that the two Myanmar Nationals who confessed, did so, so the Myanmar National "tipster" gets the 700,000 baht reward.

I have not seen such evidence of this boiling water torture. Please provide a link.

Thanks

"Boiling water and beatings claim friends of Burmese......."

BBC SE Asian correspondent link:

http://twitter.com/pakhead

Bear in mind these two boys are under five feet and half David's size, it seems improbable to any reasonable person that they committed both of the murders.

Where in the world did you get they were under five feet and even if they were 4 feet are you suggesting David was 8 feet?

Did you miss the fact they attacked him from behind and had weapon(s).

Do you have any vested interest in Tourism here in Thiland? For the second time of asking.

Have you seen the re-enactment scene or were you there? It is clear that the boys (who are dwarfed by the RTP) were directed throughout by them, which is against Thai police procedure. There are reports that a hoe and a blunt instrument were used. How do you explain the deep cuts on David's person?

The scenario you are trying to support is flawed, as has been discussed at length on at least two forums, and this view is supported by the head of a national NGO who also suspects the Burmese are innocent.

More likely is the McAnna version that there were several persons on the beach, two of whom were Thai (the ones who threatened him a week later, as confirmed by the 7-eleven staff). For whatever reason, loss of face, revenge etc, an attack began on him and the victims. He escaped with two witnesses confirming he was covered in blood, one of whom cleaned him up.

Of course I could be wrong, as could you. Like yourself, I'm hoping justice will prevail for the family of Hannah and David.

• Like 1

There are no such photos on the petition I signed. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Go to posting #228 and scroll down once you have clicked on the petition - the two are waiing!!!