Bangkok: Common car in supercar parking beginning of downward spiral?

webfact

Why would anyone buy a super-car in Thailand at more than twice the UK price, then try to drive it in the most gridlocked city in the world. Two full helpings of stupidity. I laugh when I see one of these hilarious people.

"Look at me! I'm someone!" Comes to mind.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do customs officers take a stroll through this place once in a while?

Are there not plenty outdated, base spec 'super cars' missing? Out on temporary papers while still supposed to be held in bondage? By now they will have had chrome and stickers added everywhere, so it may take a little detective work?

No, I guess that would just not do.

Thanapat Tantisaewaekul, the 19-year-old businessman

cheesy.gif

What's his business? Being someone rich's son?

When the licence plate story broke wasn't he supposed to be a student ?

Reserved parking for the elite used by riff raff.

Reserved parking for disabled drivers at Tesco used by everybody.

If you think about it, in Thailand, "Disabled Driver" is extremely redundant, and all drivers do qualify for those parking spots. xwacko.png.pagespeed.ic.jGW10VtQsI.png

• Like 1

Why would anyone buy a super-car in Thailand at more than twice the UK price, then try to drive it in the most gridlocked city in the world. Two full helpings of stupidity. I laugh when I see one of these hilarious people.

You don't drive super cars in Thailand. You park them in places people can see then stand near them and take photos of yourself next to them.

• Like 2

Try 3 times the UK price, but the bonus is that you can drive 3 times a fast as you can get away with in the UK.

There is more to Thailand than Bangkok. You should get out and have a drive around sometime. Although there are some poorly maintained roads around, it is very easy to find highways where you can drive in excess of 300KPH.

Try doing that in the UK. 555

A popular mall responded to the pressing issue of protecting our scarce parking assets for the convenience of the super-rich after outrage(!) spread over a lowly Nissan eco car allowed to use such a spot.

This should have been saved, maybe with a slight modification, for the next Thai Visa April Fool leg-pull.

That would draw 10's of pages of condescending outrage from the self-appointed morally superior (but cash strapped) farang contingent.

Self important plonkers

I rest my case.

P.S. When we go to Central Festival Pattaya, we always pay for reserved, segregated, attendant monitored parking for our mature Honda Civic. Well worth it, even for those of us who are decidedly non-elite.

Edited by Suradit69

I remember being at Central Chidlom some years back and I remember someone in a beautiful red Ferrari taking about 3 minutes, 40 twists of the wheel and 20 changes from 1st gear to reverse to back his shiny toy into a parking space.

I'm serious...

You have to excuse the car owner. His chauffeur called in sick that day.

• Like 1

"...the 19-year-old businessman who puzzled the public last month when he blew THB25 million on a vanity license plate for the car."

I wonder what Freud would say these drivers of long, big, beautiful cars are overcompensating for.whistling.gif

The plate itself cost more that the Porsche parked besides it.

19-year-old businessman

The new PC wording for daddy's got money?

"The new PC wording for daddy's got money?"

Your wording for "my dad and I haven't and I'm envious"?

I'm sorry to hear you have daddy issues.

I thought the reason for my post was pretty obvious, and envy has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

19-year-old businessman

The new PC wording for daddy's got money?

"The new PC wording for daddy's got money?"

Your wording for "my dad and I haven't and I'm envious"?

Well my dad and I have plenty of filthy lucre... and this 19 year old is definitely a flog of the highest order... I'd love to see his "business credentials" ROFLMFAO cheesy.gif

I remember being at Central Chidlom some years back and I remember someone in a beautiful red Ferrari taking about 3 minutes, 40 twists of the wheel and 20 changes from 1st gear to reverse to back his shiny toy into a parking space.

I'm serious...

Not surprising. Most of them have their foot on the brake pedal when they approach a piece of road that is less than arrow-straight. You should see them on track days. It's really funny.

I'm serious...

Not surprising. Most of them have their foot on the brake pedal when they approach a piece of road that is less than arrow-straight. You should see them on track days. It's really funny.

Where can I go to witness this?