Manchester City

mrbojangles

A quick one.

Might have been brought up before, but what does the "Kun" in Kun Agüero means?

Please disregard, I found it after some searching on the net.

Did your search come up the same as what I thought? I'm sure I remembered reading it in a City mag when he first signed for us but my memory may be totally wrong !!

A quick one.

Might have been brought up before, but what does the "Kun" in Kun Agüero means?

Please disregard, I found it after some searching on the net.

Did your search come up the same as what I thought? I'm sure I remembered reading it in a City mag when he first signed for us but my memory may be totally wrong !!

A couple of different sites suggested a Japanese cartoon character he liked when young.

The name was Kum, but he could not pronounce this in young age and said Kun instead, thus this name stuck with him when he grew up.

0r rather, other players whose first language is not English better watch what they call him smile.png

After his display the other night, thats exactly what I was calling him!!

When did you start to be so fickle jack biggrin.png

Well after last night, he is OFF my sh!t list.laugh.png

0r rather, other players whose first language is not English better watch what they call him smile.png

After his display the other night, thats exactly what I was calling him!!

When did you start to be so fickle jack biggrin.png

Well after last night, he is OFF my sh!t list.laugh.png

I should talk. Dzecko is now back on my sh!t listlaugh.png

I found out tonight a mate of mine suffers from vertigo. Personally, I like it up here biggrin.gif

Enjoy it for a week wink.gif

Thought I'd resurrect this post.

MrRed, I know they say a week is a long time in football but..... biggrin.gif

5 points is faff all! wink.gif especially as you have a hard 2 months coming up..........

Well the couple of months is up and we are still top. This is turning out to be the longest week ever biggrin.png

• Like 1

Apologies if you dont like it in your thread but here is the latest from the bookies.....

City 86.5

Utd 81.5

Spurs 76.5

Chelsea 72.5

Arsenal 69.5

LFC 66.5

Before I get the usual - which is along the lines that 'my team's points is way too low' they are not my calculations but the bookies. My own calculations are pretty close but have City, Liverpool and Spurs marginally higher.

Apologies if you dont like it in your thread but here is the latest from the bookies.....

City 86.5

Utd 81.5

Spurs 76.5

Chelsea 72.5

Arsenal 69.5

LFC 66.5

Before I get the usual - which is along the lines that 'my team's points is way too low' they are not my calculations but the bookies. My own calculations are pretty close but have City, Liverpool and Spurs marginally higher.

Liverpool are uncreative and can't score. The decent striker has just been suspended for nine matches.

My question is; Why on earth would you have them higher?

City 86.5

Utd 81.5

Spurs 76.5

Chelsea 72.5

Arsenal 69.5

LFC 66.5

Liverpool are uncreative and can't score. The decent striker has just been suspended for nine matches.

Largely to do with the fact that we have already played 4 out of 5 of our away games against the top 6 and we still have 4 out of 5 away games to play against the bottom 5.

Incidentally the suspension of Suarez has hit two historic matches plus will impact 3 future league matches. Other matches affected relate to cup competitions.

Edited by Abrak

City 86.5

Utd 81.5

Spurs 76.5

Chelsea 72.5

Arsenal 69.5

LFC 66.5

Largely to do with the fact that we have already played 4 out of 5 of our away games against the top 6 and we still have 4 out of 5 away games to play against the bottom 5.

Incidentally the suspension of Suarez has hit two historic matches plus will impact 3 future league matches. Other matches affected relate to cup competitions.

Thats a fair point but you have to remember your two key players, (admittedly this is my opinion) were Suarez and Lucas.

City 86.5

Utd 81.5

Spurs 76.5

Chelsea 72.5

Arsenal 69.5

LFC 66.5

I like them smile.png

It looks like the City V United derby might be crucial

Thats a fair point but you have to remember your two key players, (admittedly this is my opinion) were Suarez and Lucas.

Yes Carmine, but you should realize that the methodology I use is statistical or 'objective' rather than 'subjective'. By that I mean I tend to work out numbers without taking into account subjective measures and to the extent I am subjective 'like Chelsea will strengthen in the January window' it is based on an objective measure that Chelsea are 'inherently very rich'. I dont take into account Lucas missing, Suarez has already been out for two games but will be out for 3 more, Gerrard is back from injury and we might or might not strengthen in the January window. And to be honest when I mean higher I am forecasting 68.5 points which isnt really the difference between a win and a draw from where the bookies have us now.

More interesting, I feel is why the bookies have Spurs so low relative to Utd and City. The Utd/City discrepancy is very easy to explain. Utd have to visit City, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. City have only to visit Arsenal.

Spurs are actually about as well off as Utd. They have the advantage that Utd are visiting them but they must visit City, Liverpool, Everton, Sunderland and Chelsea.

The reason that Spurs are placed well behind Utd is because form goes back well beyond the beginning of this season (meaning that the second half of last season is relevant).

City 86.5

Utd 81.5

Spurs 76.5

Chelsea 72.5

Arsenal 69.5

LFC 66.5

I like them smile.png

What is very clear cut is that we can all see City's home form. If we are forecasting, we are going to forecast +2.4 points to City against the likes of Utd or Spurs (or something similar). So it does make these matches fairly crucial. It also means that City's 3 points gained at Old Trafford is worth lot more than 3 points and Man U's 45 points gained with lots of home games against top 6 is worth a lot less.

Personally I think that City can still achieve 90 points. They have dropped 12 points so far and have played all their most difficult games. So I dont think they will drop more than another 12 points over the remains of the season.

City 86.5

Utd 81.5

Spurs 76.5

Chelsea 72.5

Arsenal 69.5

LFC 66.5

I like them smile.png

What is very clear cut is that we can all see City's home form. If we are forecasting, we are going to forecast +2.4 points to City against the likes of Utd or Spurs (or something similar). So it does make these matches fairly crucial. It also means that City's 3 points gained at Old Trafford is worth lot more than 3 points and Man U's 45 points gained with lots of home games against top 6 is worth a lot less.

Personally I think that City can still achieve 90 points. They have dropped 12 points so far and have played all their most difficult games. So I dont think they will drop more than another 12 points over the remains of the season.

And you make a living doing this Abby?

City 86.5

Utd 81.5

Spurs 76.5

Chelsea 72.5

Arsenal 69.5

LFC 66.5

I like them smile.png

And you make a living doing this Abby?

No, I make a living by being rational and objective. My interest in football is that it is something that I am that I am inherently subjective about.