Manchester City

mrbojangles

You know i'm not a fan of Harry either. All i'm saying is he should keep quiet and get on with it. His card waving antics don't help either. He has a squad more than capable of doing his talking and if he doesn't he'll leave the door open for ferguson to make a fool of him just like he did with Keegan

You're right about the card waving, just the same as red nose with his watch antics. But actually, you mention one thing that Mancini has impressed me the most, he doesn't get involved in the Fergie bashing. If anything it's Fergie's who's looking foolish at the moment after his quote of the "noisy neighbours"

Well your manager has said the Balotelli four match ban is wrong. Funny how he decided not to contest it isn't it?

It appears to the rest of the World that he's at least half as much a tool as his Italian counterpart.

Mr Mancini has been making a fool of himself recently and should be advised by the club to button it.

Maybe he should take lessons from Harry eh cos Harry is the perfect example of how a Manager should behave. Kettle, black. Give over man, I can't think of a single manager who hasn't at some point come out with rubbish and English is their first language.

offtopic.gif Nothing to do with Harry. In fact he has his own thread of disrepute. Nah the mincer has the same blinkered eyesight as Fergie and Arsene. Lacks the finesse of SAF imo but we shall see.

In the meantime can everyone calm down...its us who have suffered a major injustice this week and we're still smile.png .

...its us who have suffered a major injustice this week and we're still smile.png .

Youré injustice was only that a player didn't get sent off. That wouldn't neccessarily have affted the outcome, who knows. Our injustice resulted in a penaly for them and not one for us.

...its us who have suffered a major injustice this week and we're still smile.png .

Youré injustice was only that a player didn't get sent off. That wouldn't neccessarily have affted the outcome, who knows. Our injustice resulted in a penaly for them and not one for us.

2 players should have been sent off and playing against 9 men when you've already proven you can match the team with 11 men would have made rather a lot of difference, but shall we just move on from that one....

Wait a minute, i might be wrong here! Are forearm smashes to the face legal now? unsure.png Well they seem to be when playing Spurs don't they

Edited by carmine

That wouldn't neccessarily have affted the outcome, who knows.

I don't need Abby's statistics on this one. Lemme see..hmm down to ten men with 5 mins left. Game fairly even at 1-1. I see you lot shutting up shop.

What I don't see is your sent off player being awarded a penalty. That would be ridiculous now wouldn't it?

So I'm going to say on the basis the game would have been less stretched and Defoe is bloody hopeless 1-1.

3-0 down against United with 10 men we pulled back 2 goals and almost equalised.

The Lescott case has been proven as not to warrant any further action following FA reviews of video evidence. Therefore, down to ten men should have been the maximum anyway.

Don't let this eat away at you smokes. I'm still banking on you finishing second. But as I've said a few times. Feb will be the decider for you guys.

3-0 down against United with 10 men we pulled back 2 goals and almost equalised.

The Lescott case has been proven as not to warrant any further action following FA reviews of video evidence. Therefore, down to ten men should have been the maximum anyway.

Don't let this eat away at you smokes. I'm still banking on you finishing second. But as I've said a few times. Feb will be the decider for you guys.

Ofcourse another interpretation of the FA's decision not to ban Lescott was that they bottled it and didn't want their best ref to look any worse than he already does.

Anyway, ancient history now.

Ofcourse another interpretation of the FA's decision not to ban Lescott was that they bottled it and didn't want their best ref to look any worse than he already does.

Anyway, ancient history now.

Was the reason given by the FA for not acting on the Lescott incident that the ref had seen it at the time, or that they thought it unintentional?

As for the unfairness in Spurs having to play against 11 when it should have been 10 (if not 9), i think the argument that even had that been the case, there was no guarantee of Spurs getting a better result than they did, was weakened when the man who shouldn't have been on the pitch got the penalty and converted it. Had it been anyone else in the City team (besides of course Lescott!) i think much less would have been made of it all.

You know i'm not a fan of Harry either. All i'm saying is he should keep quiet and get on with it. His card waving antics don't help either. He has a squad more than capable of doing his talking and if he doesn't he'll leave the door open for ferguson to make a fool of him just like he did with Keegan

You're right about the card waving, just the same as red nose with his watch antics. But actually, you mention one thing that Mancini has impressed me the most, he doesn't get involved in the Fergie bashing. If anything it's Fergie's who's looking foolish at the moment after his quote of the "noisy neighbours"

Has anyone thought that Mancini is 'behaving badly' for a reason??

I think its possible that he is a lot smarter than what people think!!

Instead of talking about the pressure City were under having lost to United/Sunderland and Liverpool, and bottling it..... instead the papers are full of Mancini waving an imaginary red card, and getting into arguments with Rooney and then Gerrard!

Took the pressure off the playersclap2.gif

Instead of talking about the pressure City were under having lost to United/Sunderland and Liverpool, and bottling it..... instead the papers are full of Mancini waving an imaginary red card, and getting into arguments with Rooney and then Gerrard!

You could be right jack and I know you have more faith in Mancini than I have had. I'm personally not bothered what he does outside of the match with comments etc but what I do want to see more of is better player/man management and tactics. I hate the way he hardly ever recognises, pats on the back or even nods to most of the players he substitutes. The more "superstars" that a club has the more their ego needs to stroked and feel wanted etc.

I'm not mate. As carmine says its done and dusted, I was simply pointing out the most likely outcome.

So looking forward we have to be confident for these February games given recent performances. I hope we see a first team out tonight as well.

Bring on the rest of 'em! biggrin.png

You could be right jack and I know you have more faith in Mancini than I have had. I'm personally not bothered what he does outside of the match with comments etc but what I do want to see more of is better player/man management and tactics. I hate the way he hardly ever recognises, pats on the back or even nods to most of the players he substitutes. The more "superstars" that a club has the more their ego needs to stroked and feel wanted etc.

I accept what you say, but I think the way he handles them is right.. He does it his way which may or may not work... we will see. I am a big fan of his, so maybe I see things through blue/italian tinted specs, but I think we are both in agreement that where we are right now, we would both have accepted at the beginning of the season!!licklips.gif

but I think we are both in agreement that where we are right now, we would both have accepted at the beginning of the season!!licklips.gif

Absolutely jack. And I must admit when MrRed posted this below, I didn't think for one minute that we would have stayed there for this long (apart from 4 hours).

I found out tonight a mate of mine suffers from vertigo. Personally, I like it up here biggrin.gif

Enjoy it for a week wink.gif

Thought I'd resurrect this post.

MrRed, I know they say a week is a long time in football but..... biggrin.gif

AC Milan end Tevez pursuit

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has confirmed the Serie A club have given up their interest in signing Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez during the January transfer window

Carlos Tevez: Running out of options

Tevez now appears likely to stay at City for the forseeable future after negotiations with Milan over a potential loan deal broke down. Galliani stated earlier this week that should they fail to acquire Tevez they would instead sign Maxi Lopez, and on Friday they registered the former Catania striker's signing with the Italian league.

Galliani then confirmed that the Serie A champions would not be signing Tevez. He told Milan Channel the club had set a deadline of 7pm local time for a final decision.

"At 18:30 I was convinced we were very close to sealing the Tevez deal. I did my best, it was a day where I had my heart in my mouth, but no more could be done. We had everything set for Tevez to come, but the situation changed."

However, Galliani admitted it did not spell an end to Milan's interest in Tevez in the future.

"Who knows with Carlitos - there is only a few months (until the summer transfer window) and that's it.

"I'm happy with how we are left with City, we have a very good relationship. Today was still very important because we have solved some misunderstandings of recent days with City, relations are much improved.

"But, patience, life goes on. The market will reopen in four months, we'll see."

Milan's city rivals Inter as well as Ligue 1 side Paris St Germain had also been linked but withdrew their interest and for Tevez it would appear he has no way out of the Etihad Stadium this month with the transfer window drawing to a close.

That fact was underlined by Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian, when he said in an interview with talkSPORT that his client could remain at City until the next transfer window.

"We've been in negotiations with three big clubs," said Joorabchian. "I don't think anyone has reached the numbers City were hoping for. At the moment it looks like Carlos will remain at City until this summer."

Galliani however welcomed Lopez to the San Siro after the Argentinian arrived on loan from Catania.

"With Maxi I kept my word: we had a deadline of 7pm today, and since we had not reached an agreement with City we have filed Lopez's signing with the league.

"He is a very important player. We can use him in the Champions League."

Don't know where that will leave things. Will he stay in Argentina and carry on not getting paid? Doubt it. Sohe'll prob come back and get paid for doing what exactly I don't know.

Still 3 days to go. A lot can be done in that time, including me doing my annual last minute on line tax return !!!

Don't know where that will leave things. Will he stay in Argentina and carry on not getting paid? Doubt it. Sohe'll prob come back and get paid for doing what exactly I don't know.

Still 3 days to go. A lot can be done in that time, including me doing my annual last minute on line tax return !!!

And me giggle.gif Pinnochio

Its the one day of the year I'm betting I got the longest nose. biggrin.png

Its the one day of the year I'm betting I got the longest nose. biggrin.png

I had to submit my 2011 and 2012 January tax returns, so that my company can settle my PAYE before I leave at the end of the month. I went along to the tax office, they gave me the correct forms, not the ones the company had given me; the company delayed me a day getting a different form (Leaver not Emigrant) and I handed in right before Chinese New Year. FIve working days later, I phoned up, they phoned back, and I can pick up my settlement forms at 7.30 Monday morning, and the company should be able (I hope) to pay my final wages within a week or so (If I'd known the speculation that story was leading up to, I'd have held my peace, as it were)

SC

Cheers Red, Just got in last night. The flight was ok but they bumped some low life into business class and he ended up next to me. I don't think he has ever flown that way before and was ordering drinks every 5 minutes. Then got shirty with the trolley dollies when tried to slow his consumption rate down.

Just imagine mrboj how bad it could really get....angry.png

biggrin.png

Cheers Red, Just got in last night. The flight was ok but they bumped some low life into business class and he ended up next to me. I don't think he has ever flown that way before and was ordering drinks every 5 minutes. Then got shirty with the trolley dollies when tried to slow his consumption rate down.

Just imagine mrboj how bad it could really get....angry.png

biggrin.png

Oops it just got worse....