Manchester City

mrbojangles

Frederic Veseli's agent claims the player left Manchester City for neighbours United because he felt the Blues' priorities have moved from nurturing youngsters.

The 19-year-old was United's only deadline-day signing and will initially link up with Warren Joyce's reserve-team squad before pushing for a chance at senior level.

Skipper of the Swiss Under 17 side crowned world champions in 2009, Veseli hoped to get his chance at City this term after being part of Roberto Mancini'sspacer.gif squad for the pre-season tour of the United States.

However, the opportunity never came and as Veseli grew disillusioned, in stepped United, whose manager Sir Alex Fergusonspacer.gif has never been afraid to give youngsters a go.

"These days, Manchester Cityspacer.gif are chasing titles and major trophies," explained Veseli's agent Adam Bouskouchi said.

"It is difficult for them to have faith in youth because they obviously feel experience is the best way for them to get where they want to go.

Not progressing

"But that attitude didn't help Freddie, who just felt like he wasn't progressing.

"On that pre-season tour, both Roberto Mancini and - director of football - Brian Marwoodspacer.gif said how well he had done. But since then, nothing."

Bouskouchi admits Veseli had offers from several clubs, but was persuaded to move to Old Traffordspacer.gifafter speaking to Sir Alex Ferguson.

"Freddie spoke with several clubs, here and abroad," added Bouskouchi.

"But he wants to be a top player in England and when Sir Alex spoke to him, it made such an impression.

"He is a difficult man to say no to and his track record was enough for Freddie to feel he was making the right choice to join United."

hit-the-fan.gifYouth policy my arse!

So one lad whinges about not getting a chance and you think our youth policy is cr4p?

Yes! you have not got a youth policy just a heavily disguised development scheme hit-the-fan.gif Patrick Viera what a job he has?giggle.gif

So one lad whinges about not getting a chance and you think our youth policy is cr4p?

Yes! you have not got a youth policy just a heavily disguised development scheme hit-the-fan.gif Patrick Viera what a job he has?giggle.gif

I'll let the official Under 18's Premier Academy League Table for Group C give you a response on that one. whistling.gif

__Team__Played__Points

Wolverhampton 19 37

ManCity 18 35

Blackburn 18 35

Liverpool 18 33

Everton 17 25

Stoke 17 20

ManUtd 16 18

Bolton 18 17

West Brom 18 17

Crewe 17 16

I'll let the official Under 18's Premier Academy League Table for Group C give you a response on that one. whistling.gif

__Team__Played__Points

Wolverhampton 19 37

ManCity 18 35

Blackburn 18 35

Liverpool 18 33

Everton 17 25

Stoke 17 20

ManUtd 16 18

Bolton 18 17

West Brom 18 17

Crewe 17 16

Yeah right?

So from what decade did you post that from?

As you might have noticed you are in Group C (out of 4 Groups). You are currently 4th in your Group (hardly heroic I might add) and have a 29 goal differential behind Liverpool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Premier_Academy_League

__Team__Played__Points

Wolverhampton 19 37

ManCity 18 35

Blackburn 18 35

Liverpool 18 33

Everton 17 25

Stoke 17 20

ManUtd 16 18

Bolton 18 17

West Brom 18 17

Crewe 17 16

Yeah right?

So from what decade did you post that from?

As you might have noticed you are in Group C (out of 4 Groups). You are currently 4th in your Group (hardly heroic I might add) and have a 29 goal differential behind Liverpool.

http://en.wikipedia...._Academy_League

Yeah right. I even gave you time to edit your post to correct your massive error.

Anyway. The decade I got my information from is this decade and the year I got that from is the current one. Your link however, was from last year and was last updated 16th April 2011. We are not currently behind Liverpool or 29 goals behind. If you'd have clicked this seasons link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Premier_Academy_League from your link, it would have been a more up to date picture but still not the latest. Don't always trust wiki. Trust the official one here http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/youth.html

Also the reason for 4 groups is the way the current structure is. All teams play each other in the group twice and play 10 inter-group fixtures, producing 28 games a season. The four group winners enter the playoffs, which is a straight knockout format. However, this will be replaced by the EFFP (or something like that) next season and will be a different format.

How many players have come through your youth policy to play at the top level in the last ten years?

Not a wind-up just interested to know Mr Bo?

Micah Richards i know

Without searching, 2 that spring to mind are Shaun Wright Phillips and Daniel Sturridge.

There are a lot that have come through and play at a professional level, that were just not quite good enough for City

Joey Barton (Full International Cap)

, Nedum Onouha,(U-21 Cap)

Michael Johnson (U-21 Cap)

, Vladimir Weiss, (Full International Cap)

Dickson Etuhu (Full International Cap)

,Glen Whelan (Full International Cap)

,Stephen Ireland,(Full International Cap)

Dedryck Boyata (Full International Cap)

Theres a few more for you Red!!

All played or are playing Premiership football..clap2.gif

In this modern age placings in some reserve/junior teamleague, or even how many players you can feed into your first team is hardly the point. Young players is a bloodstock game. Buy in promising talent at 16 to 19. Nurture it and when it gets a couple of years from maturity loan it out to lesser teams so it's further development is cost free, use it a little bit, then sell it.

Wenger hasn't quite mastered the last bit yet, but I'm convinced that is the Arsenal financial strategy, all joking about Wenger's love of a bit of fluff aside. We're no longer a football club, we are an asset management company.. The fans will eventuallty catch on.

In this modern age placings in some reserve/junior teamleague, or even how many players you can feed into your first team is hardly the point. Young players is a bloodstock game. Buy in promising talent at 16 to 19. Nurture it and when it gets a couple of years from maturity loan it out to lesser teams so it's further development is cost free, use it a little bit, then sell it.

Wenger hasn't quite mastered the last bit yet, but I'm convinced that is the Arsenal financial strategy, all joking about Wenger's love of a bit of fluff aside. We're no longer a football club, we are an asset management company.. The fans will eventuallty catch on.

I think your new chairman sees it that way too. I reckon the fans won't put up with it much past the summer though.

I think your new chairman sees it that way too. I reckon the fans won't put up with it much past the summer though.

Let's all go to Salford

Let's all go to Salford

oval ball bunnies

oval ball bunnies

Its a good chance for all you City fans to switch alegiance to football instead of soccer

SC

Let's all go to Salford

Let's all go to Salford

oval ball bunnies

oval ball bunnies

Its a good chance for all you City fans to switch alegiance to football instead of soccer

SC

laugh.pngburp.gifwhistling.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16866624

You gotta be shittin' me.

I think you'll find for legal reasons he has to maintain the facade.

At what cost to the manager? Mancini said he would never play for City again. Now he is having to back down from that position, be it a facade or be it not. Doesn't really spell laying down the law does it. More like just laying down.... or perhaps bending over.

The player goes to UEFA complaining of restriction of trade and is released from his contract. Its all stacked in their favour nowadays.

Best solution for Citeh is he stays in South America, they don't pay him, then sell in the summer.

Yeah losing a slot is a blow but not really a viable alternative.

The player goes to UEFA complaining of restriction of trade and is released from his contract. Its all stacked in their favour nowadays.

Best solution for Citeh is he stays in South America, they don't pay him, then sell in the summer.

Yeah losing a slot is a blow but not really a viable alternative.

Your absolutely right about it being stacked in the players favour. It's ridiculous when a player goes AWOL.

Good weekend for your lot,i can't help thinking it is going to be a MASSIVE game at the wastelands. hit-the-fan.gif

I love it when Mr Red goes all SAF on us.

PS Have you reds checked to see what the PFA legal (old) age limit is? Chances are Giggsy and Ginger will be collecting their pension before they run out of mileage for the BPL. Extraordinary.

• Like 1

Good weekend for your lot,i can't help thinking it is going to be a MASSIVE game at the wastelands. hit-the-fan.gif

PS Have you reds checked to see what the PFA legal (old) age limit is? Chances are Giggsy and Ginger will be collecting their pension before they run out of mileage for the BPL. Extraordinary.

Shows how poor the current lot are. When I see Giggs backtracking down the wing and nicking the ball from a player more han 10 years younger I did a double take.

Fair play to him!

Shows how poor the current lot are. When I see Giggs backtracking down the wing and nicking the ball from a player more han 10 years younger I did a double take.

Fair play to him!

He keeps himself with yoga and philandering

It's certainly looking that way. This is our run in, till we meet. Some difficult ones here and I doubt United will go all the way till then without a defeat.

A Aston Villa

H Blackburn Rovers

H Bolton Wanderers

A Swansea City

H Chelsea

A Stoke City

H Sunderland

A Arsenal

H West Brom

A Norwich City

A Wolves

H Manchester United

It's certainly looking that way. This is our run in, till we meet. Some difficult ones here and I doubt United will go all the way till then without a defeat.

A Aston Villa Liverpool H

H Blackburn Rovers Norwich A

H Bolton Wanderers Tottenham A

A Swansea City West Brom H

H Chelsea Wolves A

A Stoke City Fulham H

H Sunderland Blackburn A

A Arsenal QPR H

H West Brom Wigan A

A Norwich City Aston Villa H

A Wolves Everton H

H Manchester United