Manchester City

mrbojangles

May i be the first to applaud Man City's generosity in paying the bulk of our new signings wages. wai.gif

is he allowed to play against them?

He is our player so you would assume so.

He is your player, and we are paying half his wages because your chairman is a tight wad!!! Probably part of the deal that he doesnt play against City.

He really is a piece of work Levy!!! Still cannot offload Modric cos he keeps going back on his word, trying to squeeze another couple of million!!

Heard Defoe is on his way... how much?? 20 mill, 25 mill??cheesy.gif

May i be the first to applaud Man City's generosity in paying the bulk of our new signings wages. wai.gif

He is your player, and we are paying half his wages because your chairman is a tight wad!!! Probably part of the deal that he doesnt play against City.

He really is a piece of work Levy!!! Still cannot offload Modric cos he keeps going back on his word, trying to squeeze another couple of million!!

No Jack....you paid him silly money and are now paying the real price.

Not that it matters...you can well afford it.

No Jack....you paid him silly money and are now paying the real price.

Not that it matters...you can well afford it.

Adebayor was on 170k. Deal was done before Mancini came, and Mancini didnt fancy him.

170k in todays day and age is not over the top. City put an accelerated programme together, which meant in order to get the big players to the club they had to offer big money. In order to compete with United and Chelsea, you cant be offering top players 70k a week..... thats just the way football has gone.

Thats why Spurs, with Levy at the helm, will not win anything for the next 5 yrs. You think you will hold onto Bale at 70k/week? No chance.

Levy puts his pride before the teams interest. The last 2 seasons he has missed out on strikers because he refuses to 'overpay' or meet their wage demands.

Even now he is farting about with Modric, over a couple of million, and the loss of face.

Mancini didnt want Adebayor, so we got rid. By doing so it saved us about 75k a week.

Daniel Levy. Making a stand against clubs buying success. Making a stand against billionairre owners that are destroying football.

You have created a rod for your own back chaps...zero sympathy.

Im lovin itlaugh.png.

Yes its great isn't it when you can talk about 70k being saved rather than 95k being spent on a player that has joined another clublaugh.png

BTW, are you making reference to a MacDonalds breakfast you are eating?

On the grapevine, we'll take Johnsom but it will cost City 10m transfer fee and they will have to pay his wages and half the wages of our next signing. smile.png

Im lovin itlaugh.png.

Yes its great isn't it when you can talk about 70k being saved rather than 95k being spent on a player that has joined another clublaugh.png

On the grapevine, we'll take Johnsom but it will cost City 10m transfer fee and they will have to pay his wages and half the wages of our next signing. smile.png

Proper head in the sand stuff from a Citeh fan isn't it? laugh.png

Meanwhile Adebayor won't be going anywhere for the next four years as he hasn't a hope in hell of earning that much elsewhere. Total win win for us!

Im lovin itlaugh.png.

Meanwhile Adebayor won't be going anywhere for the next four years as he hasn't a hope in hell of earning that much elsewhere. Total win win for us!

Why is it head in the sand stuff??

If you are happy with a chairman that sacrifices success, just to make a pointrolleyes.gif . Then good luck to you!!

Spurs will not win anything for years to come.. thats a fact. And its not because they are like a Wigan or a Swansea... I sympathise with those clubs, because they have to cut their cloth according to their means.

I have no sympathy with Spurs... they have the fan base and history to become a Big club, but unfortunately have a chairman with 'little man' syndrome.

Whether you like it or not... football is a big money business now. Levys mentality is he wants to buy 20 million pound players for less than 10. Yet wants to move his players on at double their value!!! It becomes boring after a while.

City have had to pay a premium to catch up with the big boys. We are lucky that we have owners who are rich and smart enough to do that... I am thankful for that. But we dont try and take the p!ss out of other teams!!

Ah yes Jack...we should be up there competing with Citeh?

Get a grip....we can't pay £250k a week to anyone....not even £170k....same as any other club without your kind of backing.

You're right in one respect...you are lucky....that's about it.

No offence to Citeh in that...you have waited a very long time....but don't tell me there is any player out there worth £250k a week because it is inflated nonsense.

We operate within our budget Jack...that means there is a bottom line each season which must be black.

Maybe you can still remember those days in Manchester....?

I don't think it is so much head in the hand. I think they are fully aware of some of the ridiculous decisions they have made/are making, even if they try and give them rational explanations, like the situation with Ade.

I think they know it is crazy, but all they see, all they care about, right now anyway, is winning. The consequences, the payback, is something they will worry about at a later time.

A ten year plan to gradually turn around a club and build long lasting foundations might be great for the long term future, but what silverware will that bring now? Perhaps none.

Instant success is the name of the game these days.

Get a grip....we can't pay £250k a week to anyone....not even £170k....same as any other club without your kind of backing.

No offence to Citeh in that...you have waited a very long time....but don't tell me there is any player out there worth £250k a week because it is inflated nonsense.

We operate within our budget Jack...that means there is a bottom line each season which must be black.

It doesnt matter whether you or I believe a player is worth 250k per week.... thats what it takes.

Wages have to be more in UK because our tax is a lot higher than places like Spain.

The point I am trying to make is this....... I am sure that you will believe that this season you can make Champions League... but it will be close... maybe a couple of points separating 4th and 5th?? Your chairman for the second season in a row leaves you with no strikers on opening day. I saw the game V Newcastle... Spurs should have got a draw, and probably would have got a draw had they played another out and out striker. So its not about competing with City... its about doing whats right for the club. Spurs HAVE money.... they could have had 30 million sat in the bank a month ago, which means they could have bought the striker plus the goalkeeper AND had change... but instead Levy acts like a total knob, and still the money aint come for Modric!!

Spurs is not Wigan..... they have money... but Levy wont spend it!!

It doesnt matter whether you or I believe a player is worth 250k per week.... thats what it takes.

Wages have to be more in UK because our tax is a lot higher than places like Spain.

The point I am trying to make is this....... I am sure that you will believe that this season you can make Champions League... but it will be close... maybe a couple of points separating 4th and 5th?? Your chairman for the second season in a row leaves you with no strikers on opening day. I saw the game V Newcastle... Spurs should have got a draw, and probably would have got a draw had they played another out and out striker. So its not about competing with City... its about doing whats right for the club. Spurs HAVE money.... they could have had 30 million sat in the bank a month ago, which means they could have bought the striker plus the goalkeeper AND had change... but instead Levy acts like a total knob, and still the money aint come for Modric!!

Spurs is not Wigan..... they have money... but Levy wont spend it!!

And not Citeh....we can't afford to waste it.

I do agree on the striker issue...it cost us at least a point....but better that than a panic buy.

Im lovin itlaugh.png.

If you are happy with a chairman that sacrifices success, just to make a pointrolleyes.gif . Then good luck to you!!

Spurs will not win anything for years to come.. thats a fact. And its not because they are like a Wigan or a Swansea... I sympathise with those clubs, because they have to cut their cloth according to their means.

I have no sympathy with Spurs... they have the fan base and history to become a Big club, but unfortunately have a chairman with 'little man' syndrome.

Whether you like it or not... football is a big money business now. Levys mentality is he wants to buy 20 million pound players for less than 10. Yet wants to move his players on at double their value!!! It becomes boring after a while.

City have had to pay a premium to catch up with the big boys. We are lucky that we have owners who are rich and smart enough to do that... I am thankful for that. But we dont try and take the p!ss out of other teams!!

When does running a business correctly constitute "little man syndrome?."

On this basis does Peter Ridsdale have big man syndrome?

Theres nothing smart about paying wages everyone else can only look on in horror at. Its just stupid and obsene.

Incidentally, why do you have no sympathy for a club that is run in a correct manner? Would you have loads of sympathy if we were spending money that was not ours to spend and we could not afford?

I don't think it is so much head in the hand. I think they are fully aware of some of the ridiculous decisions they have made/are making, even if they try and give them rational explanations, like the situation with Ade.

I think they know it is crazy, but all they see, all they care about, right now anyway, is winning. The consequences, the payback, is something they will worry about at a later time.

A ten year plan to gradually turn around a club and build long lasting foundations might be great for the long term future, but what silverware will that bring now? Perhaps none.

Instant success is the name of the game these days.

There are no rational explanations... it is what it is.

City fans suffered for more than 40yrs without a pot to p!ss in. All we are doing now is catching up.

Fair Play coming into play, City will abide by the rules just like everybody else.

I think we have an excellent youth academy, and because we are lucky enough to have the financial clout, we have accelerated our progress by several years. Hopefully that will give us a solid foundation to build on. And when we keep winning things and keep in Europe, we will continue to attract the better players. If Fair Play works, then salaries will automatically correct themselves in the years to come.

When does running a business correctly constitute "little man syndrome?."

On this basis does Peter Ridsdale have big man syndrome?

Theres nothing smart about paying wages everyone else can only look on in horror at. Its just stupid and obsene.

Incidentally, why do you have no sympathy for a club that is run in a correct manner? Would you have loads of sympathy if we were spending money that was not ours to spend and we could not afford?

I dont believe it is being run in a correct manner. From a footballing view, as chairman, I would have sold Modric long ago for the 30 mill, and brought in the 2 or 3 players I needed. The reason that was not done is because Modric is a little sh!t and you didnt want to let him have his own way, and Levy wanted to make a point. Then he starts trying to screw around with Mourinho!!! Cut your losses, get over it, and move on. Business is business.

Thats my view, and thats why I have no sympathy

What is that? Irrational?

City fans suffered for more than 40yrs without a pot to p!ss in.

Might seem that way if your head was constantly over your shoulder looking at what your neighbour was up to, but that would have been simply comparing yourself with the club at the top - the club that had spent many years building itself up financially on the back of not just investment, but on the back of on the pitch success. If any club compares itself to the club at the top, it will feel like a relative pauper, but If you want to make a more realistic comparison, you need to look not just at Utd, but at all the other upper league clubs. Do you think you have particularly suffered in a way they haven't?

All we are doing now is catching up.

I guess that means you feel you've earnt it. OK.

So in short, you have no sympathy for clubs that spend within their means. Fair enough.

I didnt say that. I have sympathy for the Wigans and the Swansea. I have admiration for Everton and Arsenal.

I just happen to think your chairman is a tight wad screwball

What is that? Irrational?

City fans suffered for more than 40yrs without a pot to p!ss in.

Might seem that way if your head was constantly over your shoulder looking at what your neighbour was up to, but that would have been simply comparing yourself with the club at the top - the club that had spent many years building itself up financially on the back of not just investment, but on the back of on the pitch success. If any club compares itself to the club at the top, it will feel like a relative pauper, but If you want to make a more realistic comparison, you need to look not just at Utd, but at all the other upper league clubs. Do you think you have particularly suffered in a way they haven't?

All we are doing now is catching up.

I guess that means you feel you've earnt it. OK.

United were throwing money about like confetti years ago!!! Whats the difference?

Why has red nose overpaid on RVP now? Because he wants to win the league.... simple as that!!

United were throwing money about like confetti years ago!!! Whats the difference?

Difference is two fold. For one, where the money came from: with Utd, it was to a large degree, money that was internally generated; money that came as a result of the footballing success of the club. And for two, when the money was spent, it wasn't spent with a total disregard for long term sustainability, with no care for balancing the books.

Why has red nose overpaid on RVP now? Because he wants to win the league.... simple as that!!

I don't think he has overpaid. RVP won't, because of his age, be a player likely to bring about a profit when he moves on, but with his proven track record in the Premiership, he is quite likely to bring about a profit in the way of on the pitch success. 24m wasn't cheap, but nor i think was it particularly expensive.

Difference is two fold. For one, where the money came from: with Utd, it was to a large degree, money that was internally generated; money that came as a result of the footballing success of the club. And for two, when the money was spent, it wasn't spent with a total disregard for long term sustainability, with no care for balancing the books.

I don't think he has overpaid. RVP won't, because of his age, be a player likely to bring about a profit when he moves on, but with his proven track record in the Premiership, he is quite likely to bring about a profit in the way of on the pitch success. 24m wasn't cheap, but nor i think was it particularly expensive.

So you admit, you are trying to 'buy' the Premiership?tongue.png

He is injury prone, no sell on value, getting 250k per week.... and the money came from a sale scam of an IPO, thats priced at SIX times its earnings!!!