Manchester City

mrbojangles

According to news sources, this is the final movement. We know a lot of the fees but at least this gives an indicatioon of whether they have left for good or on loan.

Completed Ins

Scott Sinclair - Undisclosed Amount

Richard Wright - Free Transfer

Maicon - Undisclosed Amount

Matija Nastasic - Undisclosed Amount

Javi Garcia - Undisclosed Amount

Jack Rodwell - Undisclosed Amount

Completed Outs

Nigel de Jong - Undisclosed Amount

Roque Santa Cruz - On Loan

Dedryck Boyata - On Loan

Ryan McGivern - On Loan

Mohammed Abu - On Loan

Stefan Savic - Undisclosed Amount

Adam Johnson - Undisclosed Amount

Harry Bunn - On Loan

Emmanuel Adebayor - Undisclosed Amount

Vladimir Weiss - Undisclosed Amount

Wayne Bridge - On Loan

Greg Cunningham - Undisclosed Amount

Owen Hargreaves - Released

Gai Assulin - Released

Stuart Taylor - Released

Abdisalam Ibrahim - On Loan

Mohammed Abu - Loan : Recalled

Gai Assulin - Loan : Expired

I am interested to see Nastasic and Garcia as i have not seen much of them before,they are both straight swaps for players you have got rid of in the same positions.

Maicon is interesting at 31 Mancini must have a lot of faith in him ....i remember Bale taking the piss against him at the San Siro.

Sinclair and Rodwell are fair play and not to exciting wouldn't you agree!

I am interested to see Nastasic and Garcia as i have not seen much of them before,they are both straight swaps for players you have got rid of in the same positions.

Maicon is interesting at 31 Mancini must have a lot of faith in him ....i remember Bale taking the piss against him at the San Siro.

Sinclair and Rodwell are fair play and not to exciting wouldn't you agree!

I haven't seen much of Nastasic or Garcia either.

Mancinin has worked for 2 years previously with Maicon, so he must have faith.

And totally agree about Sinclair and Rodwell.

Nastasic is apparantly a great prospect..... supposedly a Vidic MK 2

Supposedly had Ibrahimavich in his pocket when he was his opponent last year. The fact we have got rid of Savic is HUGE!!! Everytime he played he gave a goal away!!

I think Maicon has been bought because Mancini knows he will fit into his 'new' system, and hopefully Micah can learn off him.

Sinclair and Rodwell are bit part players, but if Rodwell stays injury free, his true potential could come through

Should of posted this on the Spuds thread nev give them something else to moan about.

Of cause we're going to moan when you play 2 over age players !

You are allowed 3 over age players and that is the rules thumbsup.gif

I think your going to be surprised with Sinclair, thought he was the stand out performer for Swansea last year and if liverpool paid 15 for allen , 4 me makes the 8 u paid for sinclair good money. TBH, was surprised liverpool wernt in 4 him.

Edited by rijit

According to news sources, this is the final movement. We know a lot of the fees but at least this gives an indicatioon of whether they have left for good or on loan.

Completed Ins

Scott Sinclair - Undisclosed Amount

Richard Wright - Free Transfer

Maicon - Undisclosed Amount

Matija Nastasic - Undisclosed Amount

Javi Garcia - Undisclosed Amount

Jack Rodwell - Undisclosed Amount

Completed Outs

Nigel de Jong - Undisclosed Amount

Roque Santa Cruz - On Loan

Dedryck Boyata - On Loan

Ryan McGivern - On Loan

Mohammed Abu - On Loan

Stefan Savic - Undisclosed Amount

Adam Johnson - Undisclosed Amount

Harry Bunn - On Loan

Emmanuel Adebayor - Undisclosed Amount

Vladimir Weiss - Undisclosed Amount

Wayne Bridge - On Loan

Greg Cunningham - Undisclosed Amount

Owen Hargreaves - Released

Gai Assulin - Released

Stuart Taylor - Released

Abdisalam Ibrahim - On Loan

Mohammed Abu - Loan : Recalled

Gai Assulin - Loan : Expired

I found one with amounts

Javi Garca (25) from Benfica (£16,000,000)

Jack Rodwell (21) from Everton (£12,000,000)

Matija Nastasic (19) from Fiorentina (£10,000,000)

Scott Sinclair (23) from Swansea (£6,200,000)

Maicon (31) from Internazionale (£3,000,000)

Richard Wright (34, free transfer)

£47.2 m

This looks like a fairly strong list with some good signings. We have experience in Maicon, potential in Nastasic and some ready to play signings such as Javi Garcia and Sinclair.

OUT (Senior Players):

Adam Johnson -> Sunderland (£10,000,000)

Emmanuel Adebayor -> Tottenham (£5,000,000)

Nigel de Jong -> AC Milan (£3,500,000)

Vladimir Weiss -> Pescara (£1,300,000)

Stefan Savic -> Fiorentina (part exchange)

Greg Cunningham -> Bristol City (undisclosed)

Owen Hargreaves -> released

Stuart Taylor -> released -> Reading

£18.9m

I cant believe we only got 3.5 mill for De Jong??blink.png

But I guess buying Maicon for only 3 mill kind of offsets it

I cant believe we only got 3.5 mill for De Jong??blink.png

But I guess buying Maicon for only 3 mill kind of offsets it

Suppose so. Be interesting to see who Mancini's preffered starting 11 will end up being !! We have quite a bit of class in both Defence and Midfield now and keeping everyone happy is gonna be tough.

Nice little piece on the City website for De Jong. I really liked him and he will be missed. But don't worry, we won't start a seperate thread on him laugh.png

Nigel de Jong has signed for AC Milan, bringing an end to his three-and-half year stay with City.

One of the Blues’ most popular players, De Jongmade a total of 137 appearances during his time in Manchester having signed from Hamburg in January 2009.

A combative and dependable holding midfielder, De Jong’s commitment and reputation as one of the Premier League’s best tacklers, made him a firm favourite with the City supporters.

Via his Twitter account (@NDJ_Official), Nigel thanked the City fans and Club for his time in Manchester. He said: "Thanks to Manchester City FC for giving me the opportunity to be part of their history four years ago.

"All the best to my former team-mates and all the people in and around the city who helped me and my family settled in. A special mention to the fans for their love, respect and dedication they always showed. You will never be forgotten. All the best. Bless."

The only thing missing from his game was goals and his first for the Blues against West Ham in May 2011 was more than two years in the making and celebrated in fitting fashion.

He also found the net against Liverpool last season in the Carling Cup semi-final with a 25-yarder into the top corner in front of The Kop – but those were his only two strikes for the Club.

Though a friendly, family-orientated guy, Nigel’s image was tarnished after a tackle on Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa resulted in the Frenchman sustaining a double fracture of the leg - and a high challenge on Xabi Alonso in the 2010 World Cup Final also received widespread criticism.

De Jong was excluded from the Holland squad for a short time as a result, but was never less than dignified during his international exclusion and he soon won his place back for the Oranje.

Interestingly, De Jong was never sent off as a City player and in almost 400 appearances for club and country, he has only seen red on one occasion.

To City fans, De Jong was nothing other than honest, hard-working and committed. He was the embodiment of determination and an integral part of the team for more than three years as well as being very popular among his team-mates.

Everyone at City wishes Nigel the best of luck with Milan and thank him for his excellent service with the Club.

• Like 1

Well we certainly made hard work of that yesterday. However, I am glad we didn't batter them too much cos 3-1 was my prediction AND it was my banker. Get in, 20 points. biggrin.png

I would suspect a few had that score yesterday just hope i get something today,<deleted> yesterday.sad.png

Well we certainly made hard work of that yesterday. However, I am glad we didn't batter them too much cos 3-1 was my prediction AND it was my banker. Get in, 20 points. biggrin.png

I would suspect a few had that score yesterday just hope i get something today,<deleted> yesterday.sad.png

Nope. Only 2 of us had 3-1.

Typical. sad.png

Typical. sad.png

How did you let in a goal BJ 2.gif

To the fans of non-moneybags teams Man Citys restraint so far in the Summer window is very encouraging (in contrast to Chelski). Perhaps Fair Play will work after all. Perhaps sanity can be restored.

Forget all that then. Net spend of just under £30 million on deadline day.

Maicon is a fab signing, as is Nastasic, the latter, I believe, United should have been fighting tooth and nail for.

De Jong, I would have happily seen come to red the side too....!!

redrus

Maicon is a fab signing, as is Nastasic, the latter, I believe, United should have been fighting tooth and nail for.

De Jong, I would have happily seen come to red the side too....!!

redrus

Gareth rattled the bars of his cage when the news reached him....:D

Looking at the scores on the doors mate City saved you biggrin.png

Wow, this is a turn up for the books. A RAG complimenting City.

De Gea talks up Manchester City’s Champions League chances

His words may not go down to well in the red half of Manchester, but David De Gea admits Manchester City have a great chance of winning the UEFA Champions League this season.

In the article, he goes on to say “City are a great team,” he told Marca. “They are full of great players in all positions. It will be really difficult for Real Madrid, both in the Bernabeu and in Manchester. The strike force is deadly, as the club has an incredible group of strikers. If you want to win the Champions League, you have to beat the best teams and City are one of them. They are capable of beating anyone, whether that’s Real Madrid or Barcelona.”

Full story:- http://takefootball.co.uk/?p=1765

Wow, this is a turn up for the books. A RAG complimenting City.

De Gea talks up Manchester City’s Champions League chances

His words may not go down to well in the red half of Manchester, but David De Gea admits Manchester City have a great chance of winning the UEFA Champions League this season.

In the article, he goes on to say “City are a great team,” he told Marca. “They are full of great players in all positions. It will be really difficult for Real Madrid, both in the Bernabeu and in Manchester. The strike force is deadly, as the club has an incredible group of strikers. If you want to win the Champions League, you have to beat the best teams and City are one of them. They are capable of beating anyone, whether that’s Real Madrid or Barcelona.”

Full story:- http://takefootball.co.uk/?p=1765

He was dropped the next daylaugh.png

• Like 1

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1588584_manchester-city-hero-paul-lake-set-for-big-screen

So pleased for Lakey.

Career ruined before it really got started.... he really was a magnificent player, many said he was Colin Bell reinvented.

He is a Denton boy, like myself, and although I didnt know him personally, he attended the same Primary school as I did ( though a few yrs laterlaugh.png )

His book "I'm Not Really Here" is a great read. Cant wait to see the film

http://menmedia.co.u...-for-big-screen

So pleased for Lakey.

Career ruined before it really got started.... he really was a magnificent player, many said he was Colin Bell reinvented.

He is a Denton boy, like myself, and although I didnt know him personally, he attended the same Primary school as I did ( though a few yrs laterlaugh.png )

His book "I'm Not Really Here" is a great read. Cant wait to see the film

Yeah as was Micheal Johnson, the colin bell tag seemed accurate at the time, i know he 's still around but when he burst onto the scene he was truly something else, seems injuries have unfortunately taken there toll

PS Dont hold your breath for the film to come out tho mate, football films are truly the most dificult to get right and getting people to invest is almost impossible tho.

football films are truly the most dificult to get right and getting people to invest is almost impossible tho.

The only film about football that would be any good is if they make one about the way we won the title last year. if someone had made it before that, nobody would have believed it. biggrin.png