Manchester City

mrbojangles

young boy to insist on taking a penalty in the 90th minute, where the result depends on it... takes balls!

Young boy?? unsure.png I know he acts like one, but he's 22 years old and (over) paid a fortune, for cries sake!!

This is a young boy

8927643-young-boy-kicking-soccer-ball-during-soccer-match.jpg

Wages are insignificant when it comes to having nerves of steel. The point I was making is that Balotelli is one of the best penalty takers around. And to want to take virtually the last kick of the game, when the game depends on it... that takes huge balls.

And when you get to 50, anyone under 25 is a young whippersnapperthumbsup.gif

I hope not, and I dont think so. I am still a big fan of Mancini. Just a bit puzzled by what he supposedly said after the game....... saying it was his fault as he had not prepared enough for the game!!blink.png

Dont know whether its what he actually said, or its the language barrier, or he is just trying to take the pressure of the players? Just seemed a strange statement to make.

I was more puzzled by what he said here:

Mancini did not feel the changes of approach should have derailed his side, adding: "We changed for five minutes to three at the back, but we always have 11 players.

"I don't think that is important - three, four, five, six or seven defenders. If someone wants that as an excuse then OK, but it's not the reason.

"If you have the spirit or quality to play in the Champions League, you can play. If not, you can't. This is the problem. The tactics are not important."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20052493

If tactics are not important, what the <deleted> do you need a manager for?

Again, I think with Mancini sometimes he says things which are slightly lost in translation. And then of course, you have the papers just inventing stuff.

This is what he said after the game........................

But Mancini insisted that all of City’s superstars should be able to perform better than they did in Amsterdam, regardless of what formation and tactics he lays down.

“If you are a top player it’s not important what system you use,” he said. “If you don’t understand a system like that, you’re not a top player and you can’t play for a top team.

“We work almost every day at tactical situations and all the players know the system. We played this system a minimum of 50 times last season – it’s not new. When you are losing 2-1 away, the manager should do something. We conceded the third goal not because we changed the system but because of a mistake, one on one. ”

Makes sense to me

young boy to insist on taking a penalty in the 90th minute, where the result depends on it... takes balls!

Young boy?? unsure.png I know he acts like one, but he's 22 years old and (over) paid a fortune, for cries sake!!

This is a young boy

Wages are insignificant when it comes to having nerves of steel. The point I was making is that Balotelli is one of the best penalty takers around. And to want to take virtually the last kick of the game, when the game depends on it... that takes huge balls.

You are confusing "balls of steel" with monumental arrogance in the case of that knob Ballotelli.

Lets face it, anyone who thinks its clever to pose like a statue with a "why always me' tee shirt (cringeworthy at the very least) has to be one of the biggest bellends in football. He's not even funny! Just a petulant over paid premadonna, with a nasty cynical streak(studs down on a players face...hilarious, the little scamp!), who thinks the whole world focuses on him and his infantile antics.

As you might imagine i am somewhat bored and disagreeable with his personal crusade to claim the morning headlines.

You only want the byeline for yourself! biggrin.png

This is a young boy

You are confusing "balls of steel" with monumental arrogance in the case of that knob Ballotelli.

Lets face it, anyone who thinks its clever to pose like a statue with a "why always me' tee shirt (cringeworthy at the very least) has to be one of the biggest bellends in football. He's not even funny! Just a petulant over paid premadonna, with a nasty cynical streak(studs down on a players face...hilarious, the little scamp!), who thinks the whole world focuses on him and his infantile antics.

As you might imagine i am somewhat bored and disagreeable with his personal crusade to claim the morning headlines.

Still, he is one of the best penalty takers around. That was the point I was making

I was more puzzled by what he said here:

Mancini did not feel the changes of approach should have derailed his side, adding: "We changed for five minutes to three at the back, but we always have 11 players.

"I don't think that is important - three, four, five, six or seven defenders. If someone wants that as an excuse then OK, but it's not the reason.

"If you have the spirit or quality to play in the Champions League, you can play. If not, you can't. This is the problem. The tactics are not important."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20052493

If tactics are not important, what the <deleted> do you need a manager for?

Again, I think with Mancini sometimes he says things which are slightly lost in translation. And then of course, you have the papers just inventing stuff.

But Mancini insisted that all of City’s superstars should be able to perform better than they did in Amsterdam, regardless of what formation and tactics he lays down.

“If you are a top player it’s not important what system you use,” he said. “If you don’t understand a system like that, you’re not a top player and you can’t play for a top team.

“We work almost every day at tactical situations and all the players know the system. We played this system a minimum of 50 times last season – it’s not new. When you are losing 2-1 away, the manager should do something. We conceded the third goal not because we changed the system but because of a mistake, one on one. ”

Makes sense to me

I wasn't quoting from the papers, i was quoting from BBC News, and what they said amounts to pretty much exactly what you have quoted in the above: Mancini shifting the blame away from him and his tactics, and onto the players. All well and good saying that for top players it doesn't matter what system they play in, but it doesn't exactly speak well for his supposed job. Why does the team need a manager if the players are so good they can be trusted to go out there and sort out what they need to do themselves? They clearly can't. They need help in being organised and Mancini clearly didn't do a good job of organising them.

Jack, I have said several times on here about my concerns over Mancini's man management style. Basically, I don't think he can man manage and this is another example of him gobbing off about our players when there is no need. As some papers are already claiming, he is in danger of losing the dressing room. You can get away with being the boss against a one player revolt but when the team are not behind you......well, we know what comes next.

• Like 1

You know whats coming mate....and that is in know way a slight against City....Mancini has been very fortunate and all my blue mates think the same.

Fair play.

No argument from me Red. Almost any manager could pretty much achieve what Mancini has with the resources he has been given to date. Heck, I think I'd have even achieved the same with my 1-1-8 all out attacking formation. biggrin.png

You know whats coming mate....and that is in know way a slight against City....Mancini has been very fortunate and all my blue mates think the same.

Fair play.

No argument from me Red. Almost any manager could pretty much achieve what Mancini has with the resources he has been given to date. Heck, I think I'd have even achieved the same with my 1-1-8 all out attacking formation. biggrin.png

I reckon with the money spent better Citeh would be sitting far better. Quite a number of flops in your team mrboj!

Wish we could afford such waste!!!

Nev,

For the first time ever, I have censored and deleted that video. So what if some Irish guy doesn't like City in an interview. We can't and don't go filling up everyone elses threads with video's of interviews that rubbish a team and there seems to be no other reason to post it apart from to create an argument, so I therefore won't allow it on here. If you or anyone else were to do something similar on other threads and i received a complaint, i would remove that also.

Fair play.

I reckon with the money spent better Citeh would be sitting far better. Quite a number of flops in your team mrboj!

I disagree about the number of flops smokes. Every team has bought bad and i don't think we are any worse.

Fair play.

This is one of the few times where I totally disagree, mate.

We are both life long City fans, same age ( near enoughtongue.png ), and for all we have suffered over the years!! Mancini has brought us the FA cup and League in successive years. Yes he had the money, but there have been plenty of managers who have had money and p#ssed it up the wall!! There have been many instances when Mancini has done something, either a substitute or his altercation with Ferguson ( hahaha 1-0 to us on that one) where it has worked out well for us.

I dont want us to go backwards here, swopping managers, looking for the Holy Grail. 18 <deleted> managers we have had in Fergies reign!! 18!!

I think Mancini will be fine. He is right.. if the players cannot adapt from 3 man or 4 man defence, then stay on the bench till you can cope with it!!

Big win today, and then all of a sudden we are a great team again. I think we will retain the league this year. Onwards and upwards. Keep it up Robertoclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Fair play.

All my City fan mates think the opposite!!

Edited by JacknDanny

Fair play.

I disagree about the number of flops smokes. Every team has bought bad and i don't think we are any worse.

Only in terms of the number of players you have brought in. Financial disaster it would be for a lot of clubs. Santa Cruz anyone?

Fair play.

This is one of the few times where I totally disagree, mate.

We are both life long City fans, same age ( near enoughtongue.png ), and for all we have suffered over the years!! Mancini has brought us the FA cup and League in successive years. Yes he had the money, but there have been plenty of managers who have had money and p#ssed it up the wall!! There have been many instances when Mancini has done something, either a substitute or his altercation with Ferguson ( hahaha 1-0 to us on that one) where it has worked out well for us.

I dont want us to go backwards here, swopping managers, looking for the Holy Grail. 18 <deleted> managers we have had in Fergies reign!! 18!!

I think Mancini will be fine. He is right.. if the players cannot adapt from 3 man or 4 man defence, then stay on the bench till you can cope with it!!

Big win today, and then all of a sudden we are a great team again. I think we will retain the league this year. Onwards and upwards. Keep it up Robertoclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Don't get me wrong jack, I'm chuffed to bits about our silverware and I don't want to take that away from him. However, and I think you will back me up, I have said from day one that my jury is out on him. I don't think he is a great tactician and I think he is a <deleted> man manager. I too don't want to change managers all the time but I'd swap Mancini for Mourinho at the drop of a plate of Spaghetti

i think you are right concerning the merits of stability, but i think it is wishful thinking to think that with the way City is now run (and not only the way City is run, but the way the game is now), you will ever have a manager staying in his post beyond three, four or, if you are lucky, five years. With so much money being pushed into the project, and with near immediate success demanded, it will only take a minor blip for the owners to start looking elsewhere - they can after all afford to. One season without a trophy and that will be it. And is it beyond the realms of possibility that this year you won't win anything? And if that happens, do you seriously think Mancini will survive?

As for players staying on the bench if they can't cope with what the manager wants them to do (is that what Tevez was doing last year?wink.png ), isn't it the managers job to know the players are capable of? No matter what Mancini says or thinks or indeed expects of the players, they clearly weren't capable of doing what he was asking. I think Mancini has to take responsibility for that, because before he made the changes he did, they looked much more comfortable at the back.

Not good news.

Micah Richards could be out for four months after requiring knee surgery

Manchester City defender Micah Richards has had knee surgery after he was injured against Swansea on Saturday and he could be out for up to four months.

The 24-year-old picked up the injury towards the end of City's narrow 1-0 victory, pulling up and holding onto his knee without any other players close by.

He was stretchered from the field while wearing an oxygen mask and the England international ended up having an operation to mend a torn knee cartilage.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8210729/Micah-Richards-could-be-out-for-four-months-after-requiring-knee-surgery

Still, he is one of the best penalty takers around. That was the point I was making

Yes, by default as there are so many bad ones. wink.png

Gotta disagree there Up.Have you seen how cool and collected he is when taking a pen. He knows exactly what he is going to do and heckling from the goaly doesn't affect him one jot. He is arrogant that's for sure.

Gotta disagree there Up.Have you seen how cool and collected he is when taking a pen. He knows exactly what he is going to do and heckling from the goaly doesn't affect him one jot. He is arrogant that's for sure.

Bloody hell! Arrogant you say....an arrogant young man. Well mrboj I reckon we were all a tad arrogant in our time.

Weren't you 'aving it back in the day then mate? whistling.gif

Bloody hell! Arrogant you say....an arrogant young man. Well mrboj I reckon we were all a tad arrogant in our time.

I wasn't saying it in a negative term smokes.

Know what you mean Mr B.....I guess I come from an era when a penalty was given you jumped for joy, because it was as good as a goal. I can't quite put my finger on the point in time when penalty taking became difficult?

Difference is, most of us are helped in outgrowing that sort of immature jumped up selfish arrogance, petulance... call it what you will... by adults around us that rightfully knock us down a peg or two - sometimes literally knock us down! I'm just not sure who there is in the world of someone like Balotelli, a multi-millionaire and world famous star, to do the job of knocking him down that peg or two, and helping him make that transition from kid to mature adult. There's always the danger that come 30, 40 years old, he's still the same arrogant asshol_e who prints things like "why always me?" on his t-shirts.