AirAsia kicks man off flight for carry-on rage (VIDEO)

webfact

Rules are made to keep the world turn right (at least it should do it). They have to be respected even if they are stupid rules.

If I go over them, I take a risk and I know it.

If I don't get catched, I was lucky but if I get catched I have to accept it.

And in both cases I should shut up.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 kg is the airline regulation and as such it gives them the mandate to act in accordance. Overweight carry-ons are a feature of just about every country, however, should you be unfortunate to get pulled on this, som nam nah. Those who feel that this is wrong can exorcize their rights by flying another airline.

Storm in a tea cup from an arrogant ignorant <deleted> who believes he is special. Furthermore, sooner rather than later, this predilection of waving a camera phone in someones face during an altercation is in very bad taste and will conclude with the perpetrator have his lights put out, and deservedly so.

"Instead of just paying the THB900 fee to have the bag checked, the mans temper tantrum caused the cabin crew to invite him off the plane.

900 baht to check in your luggage? Rip off merchants.

Given a choice I will take Bangkok air any day. Maybe a little bit more money but nice to have service as well as the lounge at the airports.

Ludicrous and prejudicial behavior by the airline. The only fair way is to weigh the passenger and his bag like a jockey and saddle. Across the aisle could be a guy that weighs 30 kilos more than him, so what does the weight of a carry-on alone have to do with anything?

You should read the rest of the thread. The overweight guy across the aisle isn't going to be stowed in the overhead, now is he? He's not going to come falling out during turbulence or a rough landing onto the head of some other passenger below, is he? He may be a lard-ass, but at least he's not taking up more than his share of room in the overhead storage bin, thus denying it to others, is he? He may be overrunning his seat, but that's another topic. Ludicrous to think the airline did anything but get it absolutely right (though I must agree it would've been better to have done so by inspecting carry-ons at the gate instead of after boarding, so this guy could've had his hissy-fit there and been weeded out before getting on the airplane...).

• Like 1

Let's be quite candid about this. The system is seriously flawed when an obese man over 6ft carries a small bag and a small petite person is overweight by a few kilos. It's time to overhaul and harmonise these rules as they do not serve the purpose of intent. It would be better to have an overall weight to include passenger and luggage. This has already started a few years ago on charter flights I've been on. It would be much easier and fairer.

The fat guy in your example takes up one seat and a small amount of carry-on space.

The skinny girl/boy in your example takes up one seat and a large amount of carry-on space.

Who should pay more, the one that takes up more space, or the one who weighs more? If it's the one who weighs more, he should have more room, right? After all, he's paying more.

If you want to go by total weight, the system is almost there. It's called business or first class. Larger seats. Just require large people to fly business/first, and also BAN small people from flying business/first. Those seats should be reserved for large people, and economy seats reserved for small people. Large people would be banned from flying economy class.

Of course this would never work here as the Thai elite (government) always fly first/business, taking up valuable space, sitting like children in large, overstuffed chairs.

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 1

Airasia staff get commission from overweight baggage they catch. this ends up making them adversaries of passengers rather than friends. its absurd to weigh a bag after a passenger is already on the plane.

once in KL airasia ground staff advised me to put the 4 kg overweight from checkin to carryon. then they singled me at the gate to weigh my 1 carryon piece. they made me send it as a checked in bag at is full weight refusing to subtract the 7kg from it. cost about 200 usd. was no time to sort out and discard stuff as plane was nearly ready to go.

that 200usd bag did not get on my flight and i had to wait hours for it in bkk. my house keys were in that bag.

• Like 1

Was probably just a large sack of rice anyway.

That's how they travel.

Oh Come on! Was that really necessary?

Since we are on the subject of baggage, It seems you've brought some suspect (I'll refrain from playing the race card) baggage of you own from wherever you came from; if in fact you are here in Thailand. Just goes to show, "Wherever you go, there you are". With the same old baggage, I might add!

All airlines should be more stringent at check-in, at least vetting all hand luggage. Tickets clearly state the size and weight of permissible carry on luggage - just enforce the rules, and save the hassel that usually arises when boarding the plane.

I travel with a laptop bag that weighs in at over 13 kilo, the laptop and power brick alone weigh over 7 I was challenged once and when I removed the laptop and power supply they realised I could never get it below 7kilo and there was no way the laptop was going into checked baggage so they abandoned any challenge they were thinking, I travel light no other bags or luggage only - happened once in over 60 flights

If a bag fits in the overhead locker what's the problem = I've seen people boarding flights with two small cases and a pile of other %%%%% unchallenged

In saying that this guy should have been arrested and thrown off the plane and banned from travel - a rude mouth piece

Hey, 1983 called and wants its laptop back! Seriously, my home PC weighs less than your power supply, you should be well below 5 kilos brick, bag and all.

I agree that nobody in their right mind would check their carry-on after putting all their valuables inside. Might as well gift it to the next baggage handler.

actually my laptop is very new and cost over 3k GBP and has a 18" screen with dual graphics cards while on the other hand your desktop PC is good for reading forums and little else with a lot of air inside

and yes the power brick is the size of a shoe box

now run along

• Like 2

My 21st century laptop weighs about 8 kg with it's power supply, It weighs that much because it is a good one & has a 17" screen so my bad eyes can see it, I have been questioned about the weight several times but when I've showed it & politely explained that I wouldn't trust the baggage handlers not to break or steal it staff have always agreed with me & let it onboard, I make sure it's parked flat right at the bottom of the luggage lockers so it won't fall out.there should always be common sense exceptions to rules if they aren't going to hurt anybody...

AA rules state a passenger is prohibited from eating his/her own food on the plane. thus everyone must either not eat or must purchase their food. youd reason that if passengers choose AA cause they are budget conscious they'd be allowed to eat their own choice of food on the plane. would they make an emergency landing and eject a passenger adamantly eating his/her own food?

• Like 1

i think there might be a humad rights issue here ''''''''''''''''''''''unless you live in Thailand wai2.gifgiggle.gif

Let's be quite candid about this. The system is seriously flawed when an obese man over 6ft carries a small bag and a small petite person is overweight by a few kilos. It's time to overhaul and harmonise these rules as they do not serve the purpose of intent. It would be better to have an overall weight to include passenger and luggage. This has already started a few years ago on charter flights I've been on. It would be much easier and fairer.

The fat guy in your example takes up one seat and a small amount of carry-on space.

The skinny girl/boy in your example takes up one seat and a large amount of carry-on space.

Who should pay more, the one that takes up more space, or the one who weighs more? If it's the one who weighs more, he should have more room, right? After all, he's paying more.

If you want to go by total weight, the system is almost there. It's called business or first class. Larger seats. Just require large people to fly business/first, and also BAN small people from flying business/first. Those seats should be reserved for large people, and economy seats reserved for small people. Large people would be banned from flying economy class.

Of course this would never work here as the Thai elite (government) always fly first/business, taking up valuable space, sitting like children in large, overstuffed chairs.

I wish all airlines would be stricter on rules which are there for a reason .....namely safety

Factor in the growing obesity of people.

I caught a flight a while ago where the English woman sitting next to me should have paid half of my air fare as compensation for her overflowing into my seat.

At a guess she was over 100 kg

Another Thai man with no self-control of his actions where is his mother to teach him some manners and respect to other people eg; fellow passengers.

I'm sorry but I don't think this man was under mannered, he is upset of course, like I would be, they should check the luggage in the beginning, not in the plane, the men has no option, will miss he's flight, they delay the flight .. bad option

the men is upset and just higher he's voice volume, its not shouting, violent, and he talks polite using "krab'

Why should they check your carry on luggage?

To stupid to do it youself on the weight scale supplied next to the HUGE hand luggage sign?

How do they know the cabin luggage you show at the counter is all you take in to the plane?

Next you expect someone to clean your bottom after going to the loo in the plane?

Now I don't know how long you live in Thailand but can't be long enough, otherwise you would

know, most Thais say "Khaa" or "Khrap" more or less after every sentence. Never mind their emotions.

Air Asia sucks. They nickel and dime you to death. Their clever marketing makes you think they are cheap. I compared BKK-SIN last year and all considered, Singapore Airlines was cheaper, more comfortable and pleasant.

after my AA experience in KL i have flown other airlines that dont itemize every minute detail and charge for it. often the fare is slightly higher but i dont get anxiety about checking how many grams my bags weigh. you also get a non a la carte meal and beverage. if you follow discussion groups it seems very few aa employees are happy either.

am surprised there is no toilet fee.... yet

Edited by atyclb

"Instead of just paying the THB900 fee to have the bag checked, the mans temper tantrum caused the cabin crew to invite him off the plane.

900 baht to check in your luggage? Rip off merchants.

yes... also the reason for such regular temper related trouble speciially with budget airlnes is underlying stress that builds up. Budget travel is advertised as hassle free basics only travel... not a minefield of hidden costs and charges that aggravate and anger a passenger... whatever happened to old fashioned service ? dunno all the specifics of this case to take sides but an airline arguing back with a passenger and having him removed off a plane becasue he lost his temper should not be happening in the industry. Agreed some passengers can be very troublesome, but airlines need to use such extreme measures as a last resort. Appears all the crew ganged up against him to throw him out. Did anybody try to defuse the situation and find an alternative solution ?

'Appears all the crew ganged up against him to throw him out'

Yes, those big, bad, mean ass air hostesses really intimidated the poor guy! Ho hum.......

• Like 1

I travel a lot & try to keep my cabin bag at a reasonable weight; then I get on the plane & people mainly Asian & Eastern European will have enough luggage for 2 wks & I'm amazed they don't have to take it off. I know if I tried it I'd be slugged with excess baggage. And yes air crew can weigh your bags, new rules.