Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

The semen DNA was likely collected during the autopsy and may have also been collected at the scene if it was also outside the body.

Based on existing evidence, a more accurate assumption is that DNA was PLANTED after the autopsy and PLANTED at the scene.

No matter the kind of Torture i am receiving, i cannot confess to the crime i did not commit.

Stop smoking that shit it's bad for you.

A statement like that could only have been uttered by someone who has never been tortured. Have you ever felt a 220 volt electrical shock? Well how about 30 of them? Back to back. In your crotch or on your face? The kind of man required to resist a confession under that kind of duress, is simply someone i doubt you are. Please let us know how any times you have been tortured and when you have stuck to your lofty principals.

Are you suggesting these things occurred to the suspects? Understand if you are just arguing the above comment but best I can see the worst torture these two suspects were met with was threats. I would not be surprised at all if they were treated illegally to get the confessions but if true it doesn't make the confessions untrue but rather makes them inadmissible in court. On the other hand, the did in a private meeting with their embassy staff, embassy lawyers and a human rights group confess too while also adding they were abused. The confessions will not make or break this case, the DNA is key along with other evidence putting them in and around the scene at the time and their being in possession of one of the victim's property and the witness who claims they gave him this property to destroy.

My personal belief is they will plead guilty and the recantation of the confession is more of a legal move to remove this from evidence since it may have been obtained illegally. The lawyers also are playing to the public as police do. The more they can make this case a problem for officials, despite any obvious guilt, the better chance they have to get reduced sentences if they plead guilty.

what a lot of crap , as if they will plead guilty if they are innocent , you only hope that as that is how your mind works i wish you was blocked.

Reform #4362.

All police interrogations to be videotaped from start to finish. Especially when they are carried out in bogus "safe houses". And these tapes are to be made available to the accused's lawyers ASAP.

Such reforms would be pointless unless they were adhered to. Thai law already guarantees the presence of the accused's lawyers at any interrogation. The RTP simply choose to ignore the accused's rights when trying to frame them. They are generally supported in this at the highest levels. Until the law clearly states (and is adhered to) that interrogations and confessions without the involvement of the lawyers will be ignored, these kinds of cases will continue to be a blot on Thailand's reputation.

1. You have faith in Thai Lawyers. I envy you.

2. If this is the case then these guys confessions are nulled and void.

3. If/when the matter goes to Court the Judges should not even look at them.

4. Wasn't it already spelled that it is not needed as the 'evidence' is sufficient?

5. UK cops cannot take part in investigation - hence cannot affect the 'evidence'.

6. Does this mean that UK or/and Burmese Lawyers also cannot represent the two poor sods in Thai Court?

The Thai Law is not my forte, but it seems both UK and Burma have vested interests in this case. Plus the public outcry.

Besides, as you correctly noted there is a huge difference between what the Law says and what it does.

In short, I am not overly optimistic about the end result.

It was not identified as their semen in the first round of DNA testing.

It was only after the second time they were tested that the police said there was a DNA match.

This is untrue and has been addressed numerous times with links. The police never tested their DNA until they had them under questioning. The police collected hundreds of DNA samples and it created a huge backlog in testing. Obviously they were pushing the most likely suspects to the top of the testing as they did when they were questioning these two.

No matter the kind of Torture i am receiving, i cannot confess to the crime i did not commit.

Stop smoking that shit it's bad for you.

A statement like that could only have been uttered by someone who has never been tortured. Have you ever felt a 220 volt electrical shock? Well how about 30 of them? Back to back. In your crotch or on your face? The kind of man required to resist a confession under that kind of duress, is simply someone i doubt you are. Please let us know how any times you have been tortured and when you have stuck to your lofty principals.

Are you suggesting these things occurred to the suspects? Understand if you are just arguing the above comment but best I can see the worst torture these two suspects were met with was threats. I would not be surprised at all if they were treated illegally to get the confessions but if true it doesn't make the confessions untrue but rather makes them inadmissible in court. On the other hand, the did in a private meeting with their embassy staff, embassy lawyers and a human rights group confess too while also adding they were abused. The confessions will not make or break this case, the DNA is key along with other evidence putting them in and around the scene at the time and their being in possession of one of the victim's property and the witness who claims they gave him this property to destroy.

My personal belief is they will plead guilty and the recantation of the confession is more of a legal move to remove this from evidence since it may have been obtained illegally. The lawyers also are playing to the public as police do. The more they can make this case a problem for officials, despite any obvious guilt, the better chance they have to get reduced sentences if they plead guilty.

"My personal belief is they will plead guilty and the recantation of the confession is more of a legal move to remove this from evidence since it may have been obtained illegally. The lawyers also are playing to the public as police do. The more they can make this case a problem for officials, despite any obvious guilt, the better chance they have to get reduced sentences if they plead guilty."

Now, this IS a conspiracy theory, if ever I've heard one.

• Like 1

JohnThailandJohn,

If you are only playing Devils advocate then I can understand......ish

If you really have an unshakeable faith in the Cops, then I can't

Their semen was found in the victim. How would this be playing devil's advocate? What I am not playing is conspiracy theories based on things people don;t know because we are not part of the investigation or has ALL the evidence been presented in trial or has the police and autopsy report been made public or has the defense been able to put on their case.

A number of damning evidence has been mentioned to date against these two with the biggest being their semen matching the two semen samples identified and collected from the victim. The only way this could not be true is if the police are lying to the press about the match which would come out in trial or there is a vast conspiracy by many people and entities to set these two up.

No devil's advocate, just reality. Nothing to suggest this crime was motivated by money except rich people exist and no reason to believe a kid the cops confirmed was in Bangkok at the time had anything to do with this unless of course their is another vast conspiracy by numerous other people to say he was in Bangkok when he wasn't.

Devils advocate would be suggesting a well-off island family can control the entire justice system in Thailand as well as labs and universities all the way up to the PM ... and of course do this for unknown reasons as there is no evidence to suggest they were involved and regardless if crime committed by Thai or immigrant workers doesn't make Thailand look and better or worse.

The only "damning evidence" shows that RTP in this investigation are either incompetent or accomplices.

• Like 2

They had the DNA samples tested BEFORE they had any real suspects. They were looking for ASIAN suspects on the island. They found two that matched according to what I read. They either have the match or they don't.

As far as the tortured confession, that should be a separate investigation and if wrong-doing then fire and prosecute the guilty. And throw the confession out if that is found.

Then forget all this peripheral BS. Lets get it into court. The DNA match is there or it isn't, that's it!

and if there is a chance some contamination or misdeed was involved in the gathering and analysis of it..

I wouldn't go as far as to say these guys are definitely innocent , Of course there is that possibility they are guilty but everyone deserves a fair trail and the parents need peace of mind that the real culprits have been brought to justice. There have been so many contradictions and changes to the announced investigation, Right now everyone is perfectly in the right to question the case with severe doubt in their minds.

It is beyond me why the Thai authorities wouldn't be able to understand why anybody wouldn't question the result the RTP's 'perfect investigation'.

Even most of us amateur TV readers have spotted a thousand flaws to this case... I am waited with baited breath as to what the Brit police have to say..... and I prey they are objective and hard on the facts not take the diplomatic path...,

It was only after the second time they were tested that the police said there was a DNA match.

This is untrue and has been addressed numerous times with links. The police never tested their DNA until they had them under questioning. The police collected hundreds of DNA samples and it created a huge backlog in testing. Obviously they were pushing the most likely suspects to the top of the testing as they did when they were questioning these two.

No use even talking about DNA when it is alleged to have been planted and crime scene has been trampled .

you are starting to get very boring

• Like 2

Look at those simple people. Have they brought up their sons to become rapists and murderers??

I refuse to believe it.

Please keep posting, so the two guys (together with Hannah and David) are never forgotten!!

I have serious misgivings re the whole investigation thus far but that is hogwash of the highest order

Do you think the parents of Fred West, Ian Huntley, Peter Sutcliffe, Myra Hindley etc etc bring up their progeny to be serial killers/murders?

Herr and Frau Hitler responsible for a wayward Adolf? That nasty pair Mr & Mrs Pol Pot.

Strangely enough I actually agree with you!!

BUT

The point I was trying to make, the crime doesn't match a couple of farmers sons from the sticks in Myanmar. If it had been a robbery/ break-in gone wrong, yes they could maybe have killed.

But the murders of the two young Brits were something completely different, the extreme violence and the rape (almost to make a point). Those killings were payback for something, real or fictive, Loss of face comes to mind. This was personal!! So IMO the two guys arrested doesn't fit the profile!!!

Plenty of Myanmar nationals commit crimes in Thailand, but have you ever heard of any of those crimes that were not economically motivated?

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1

"My personal belief is they will plead guilty and the recantation of the confession is more of a legal move to remove this from evidence since it may have been obtained illegally. The lawyers also are playing to the public as police do. The more they can make this case a problem for officials, despite any obvious guilt, the better chance they have to get reduced sentences if they plead guilty."

Obviously you have no idea what a conspiracy theory is or the difference between logic.

DNA match along with the other evidence release publicly to date alone would indicate they will be convicted barring any very surprising new evidence. Pleading guilty will be the best shot of them not receiving the death penalty and one day being able to see freedom again.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Any more news on the son of the mafia guy?

You won't hear much about him, the village headman I'm sure has paid handsomely for his not being in the news. The person I want to know about is the bloody pommy, I think friend of the murdered couple, who fled the island in a big hurry and was leaving Thailand also, but remember he had the pants with blood on them, stashed in a bag, as not to be found by the cops or anyone else, did they ever do DNA on that blood, they said they interrogated him again, and he had major flaws in his testimony, Where is he now????coffee1.gif

I read that he was cleared by the Thai police and that after testing, it was determined that it was not blood on the pants. There are numerous questions by many. We won't know many of the answers until it goes to trial.

Obviously you have no idea what a conspiracy theory is or the difference between logic.

DNA match along with the other evidence release publicly to date alone would indicate they will be convicted barring any very surprising new evidence. Pleading guilty will be the best shot of them not receiving the death penalty and one day being able to see freedom again.

they are Innocent you are totally wrong what a lot rubbish

I used to live som years in Thailand, on Koh Phangan actually.

I still have local friends and contacts there, so i thought i just asked a bit around.

It seems everybody "know" the Burmese is setup and its obviously also s public known "secret" who did it.

Of course this is just "talk", but never the less its scary that a whole community is aware and/or convinced that something terrible is going on.

.. and not doing anything

JohnThailandJohn,

Their semen was found in the victim. How would this be playing devil's advocate? What I am not playing is conspiracy theories based on things people don;t know because we are not part of the investigation or has ALL the evidence been presented in trial or has the police and autopsy report been made public or has the defense been able to put on their case.

A number of damning evidence has been mentioned to date against these two with the biggest being their semen matching the two semen samples identified and collected from the victim. The only way this could not be true is if the police are lying to the press about the match which would come out in trial or there is a vast conspiracy by many people and entities to set these two up.

No devil's advocate, just reality. Nothing to suggest this crime was motivated by money except rich people exist and no reason to believe a kid the cops confirmed was in Bangkok at the time had anything to do with this unless of course their is another vast conspiracy by numerous other people to say he was in Bangkok when he wasn't.

Devils advocate would be suggesting a well-off island family can control the entire justice system in Thailand as well as labs and universities all the way up to the PM ... and of course do this for unknown reasons as there is no evidence to suggest they were involved and regardless if crime committed by Thai or immigrant workers doesn't make Thailand look and better or worse.

Man your thinking is so thick it is hard to know where to start with you.

Have you ever seen the movie, "Conviction" with Hillary Swank? You know that innocent people have been killed in the past through America's Justice system? You know that evidence has been planted in the past?

It is time to get out of the box and do a little thinking for yourself.

• Like 1

No use even talking about DNA when it is alleged to have been planted and crime scene has been trampled .

One has to close their eyes to the DNA and other facts to continue on with bizarre conspiracy theories.

Crime scene being trampled didn't put their semen in the victim. And it certainly would not have taken this long to grab these two and go through the process of suspecting other people including the farang friend if they planted their DNA from the get go. If they didn't plant their DNA from the start then you are suggesting a HUGE conspiracy had to have taken place between many people and many entities to have it been planted.

But yes, one needs to ignore this huge piece of evidence to continue on with baseless conspiracy theories.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

As I provided earlier, it is a 100% accurate statement that the police were reported as saying that they were looking for 2 Burmese suspects, but that, based on testing of all the samples taken, their DNA did not match.

Koh Tao murders: Thai police threatened to burn my son alive

KOH Samui: -- The father of one of the detained suspects in the Koh Tao murder case has told DVB that at their family reunion this afternoon, his son told him that he and his friend confessed to rape and murder only after Thai interrogators threatened to kill them, and that they did not commit the alleged crimes.

Htun Htun Htike, the father of Win Zaw Htun, said, My son and his friend [Zaw Lin] told me that they were subjected to physical torture by the Thai police and their translator.

The interrogators told them to confess to the crime, and threatened to cut off their limbs, put them in a bag, and dump them in a river if they did not.

The police also threatened to tie the two boys to a tire, pour petrol on it, and set it alight, he told DVBs Aye Nai in an exclusive interview on Friday.

Read More: https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murders-thai-police-threatened-to-burn-my-son-alive-burma-myanmar-thailand-koh-samui/45369

--DVB 2014-10-25

So happy I don't live there anymore. So many dangers just under the surface.

Utterly corrupt ever where. The police are some of the most stupid on the planet.

Everything thailand has to offer is a facade.

Even within the family unit they steal and lie with each other.

The educated class think they are educated but most of them have cheated their way through university.

The universities themselves are not worth the ground they are on.

A disgraceful society.

It sounds like you have experience and understand the true colors of what Thailand has become or what it is perceived to be. Just curious, how long did it really take for you to determine this?

JohnThailandJohn,

Have you ever seen the movie, "Conviction" with Hillary Swank? You know that innocent people have been killed in the past through America's Justice system? You know that evidence has been planted in the past?

As i said earlier his posts look as if he is doing this to protect someone .

• Like 1

You won't hear much about him, the village headman I'm sure has paid handsomely for his not being in the news. The person I want to know about is the bloody pommy, I think friend of the murdered couple, who fled the island in a big hurry and was leaving Thailand also, but remember he had the pants with blood on them, stashed in a bag, as not to be found by the cops or anyone else, did they ever do DNA on that blood, they said they interrogated him again, and he had major flaws in his testimony, Where is he now????coffee1.gif

I read that he was cleared by the Thai police and that after testing, it was determined that it was not blood on the pants. There are numerous questions by many. We won't know many of the answers until it goes to trial.

You are correct. Police found what they thought was blood on the pants or shorts in his bag but after testing it turned out not to be blood. Of course conspiracy theorists were screaming prior to the testing that police planted the pants in his suitcase.

John it starts to get just a little booooring!

So let's make a deal. Ten posters come and stay a week in your small guesthouse on Koh Tao. In return you stop posting on KT-topics!!

Win-win!!rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

JohnThailandJohn,

I recall the RTP claiming that there was a DNA match. I don't recall reading anywhere that they said they matched the suspects's DNA to the semen found in the victim.

And I recall already providing you numerous links where they stated it was matched to the semen. I will provide you one more since you seem determined not to read the news about this case on your own as this has been reported in many news sites.

Police Commissioner Gen. Somyot Poompanmuang told CNN that DNA in semen taken from Witheridge matched samples taken from the two men. http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/world/asia/thailand-murders/

John it starts to get just a little booooring!

So let's make a deal. Ten posters come and stay a week in your small guesthouse on Koh Tao. In return you stop posting on KT-topics!!

Win-win!!rolleyes.gif

Yesterday, it was jdinasia doing all the parrying and deflecting (JTJ must have been off duty). Today, it's the reverse.

Yawn.....

• Like 2

Sounds like $10,000 paid to a good PR agency.

I don't believe there is, was and never will be any Burmese DNA inside the victim.

The RTP thought all farang had the name John and that they would all fall in line and believe every word they uttered.

So there would have been no need to do such a thing.

DNA hasn't been mentioned for a long time. They are looking at other things. Circumstantial evidence that also doesn't exist.

They do not have a clue.

IF there was a strong match of the DNA, it would be screamed from the hilltops. That's why they keep hanging onto the circumstantial evidence. I think its the dna on the smokes that were there.

JohnThailandJohn,

I recall the RTP claiming that there was a DNA match. I don't recall reading anywhere that they said they matched the suspects's DNA to the semen found in the victim.

And I recall already providing you numerous links where they stated it was matched to the semen. I will provide you one more since you seem determined not to read the news about this case on your own as this has been reported in many news sites.

Police Commissioner Gen. Somyot Poompanmuang told CNN that DNA in semen taken from Witheridge matched samples taken from the two men. http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/world/asia/thailand-murders/

And I posted yesterday links to 80,000+ sites reporting RTP statements that they were looking for the 2 Burmese suspects, that all DNA gathered to date had been tested; however, there were no DNA matches.

• Like 1

JohnThailandJohn,

As i said earlier his posts look as if he is doing this to protect someone .

I thought so too

Are the UK police involved in this conspiracy theory, oh and the UK government, PM, ambassador and officials. How about the Burmese PM and officials according to your opinion then they are, well I'll keep in their company JTJ and as far as I can judge, its the side of justice.

Its no use constantly stating that it should be left to the courts to decide when their guilt has already been stated by the Thai PM, police and officials.

• Like 2