THAI reports a consolidated net loss of 9,117 mil Baht for the first nine months of 2014

webfact

With 99 planes in the fleet 9 of them more than 20 years old (http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Thai-Airways-International) and more than 80 vice directors (vice presidents?) I'm not surprised alt all. Get someone who actually can do the job instead of appointing retired generals to run the circus.

Nice link - thanks. Readers may also like to look at the equivalent page for Emirates (232 aircraft and average age 6.3 years) to wonder why they fly full nearly all the time DXB-BKK - even though they have six flights a day on that sector.

• Like 1

Not surprising. Military dictatorship and turmoils do not attract tourists. And the price policy of Thai does the rest. For example: ZRH-BKK is cheaper with Swiss then with Thai (and a lot better).

Thai flights quote day in day out the whole year some crazy high rates, never adjusting to season etc., while Swiss sells their last seats at about a quarter of Thai prices.

Only like to fly Thai under a Swiss codeshare flight number, usually also significantly below Thai rates, when I know I will have some extra baggage (allowance 32kg rather than 23kg, multiple pieces rather than just one).

Not surprising. Military dictatorship and turmoils do not attract tourists. And the price policy of Thai does the rest. For example: ZRH-BKK is cheaper with Swiss then with Thai (and a lot better).

Ah yes. But will Swiiss carry deportees to Europe? Many airlines won`t.

Thai can fill their outwrd bound flights with all the new unwanted tourists. Immigration could insist you use Thai to leave the country, what a joint marketing exercise for Martial Law TAT, THAI and IMMIGRATION

Ministeress of Sports and Tourism should get onto the special Thainess offers on this right away.

• Like 1

good management, sure they don't need any farang to be the head of thai, nor need they change any of their prices as they are superior to all other foreign companies

Agree. It is clear that Thai has been selling the tickets too cheap the past 9 months and are thus losing. In stead of 50,000 per return ticket to Europe or US they should make that 60,000, or possibly even 70,000. Ps. I'll now await my invitation to join Thai's board of directors.

• Like 1

Just looked at flights leave 7th dec.return 8 feb..Flight cheapest From heathrow,,,, Quatar,,£440,,Flight £138 Tax 302 ,All airlines are loosing money to thailand,They are just cutting there loses best they can.,Thai was £780.about £50 dearer than eva.£780 is not expencive for a direct flight,

• Like 1

They are blind to the real problem as usual. Prices are, for the most part, higher than other national airlines and their standard of service has been steadily declining, plus the aging fleet. I only give Thai a cursery glance when booking now, they just don't compete anymore and don't offer anything to justify their pricing structure. While other airlines are competing savagely with eachother to hang on to or gain trade Thai is sitting on its arse blaming anyone except themselves. Wakey, wakey!

We are flying to Australia , and Thai came in the cheapest .For 2 of us we got a return ticket for 52000 baht. This was cheaper than Jet star and Qantas. With Jet star you have to think about all the extra's they put on .Qantas only flies to Sydney then you have to get a domestic flight to Melbourne

Having just traveled Thai Air from Hong Kong -Bangkok return all I can say is" Never again will I use this airline."

The plane was well past it's sell by date, seats incredibly uncomfortable with leg room for a midget, and the inflight "meal" was a cardboard box of luke warm mess.

Never again!

All airlines will most proberbly serve the same luke warm mess,,,,Hong kong to bangkok ,,,only 3 hours max,,,.Eat food before you go,and take some sweets with you.,Flew last year bangkok to udon thani,New plane ,very good,

Just looked at flights leave 7th dec.return 8 feb..Flight cheapest From heathrow,,,, Quatar,,£440,,Flight £138 Tax 302 ,All airlines are loosing money to thailand,They are just cutting there loses best they can.,Thai was £780.about £50 dearer than eva.£780 is not expencive for a direct flight,

It is if your shoved into an A340-600 with bad service and beg for drinks. Ask for a can of coke "no we only have the plastic cups" Lights out close the window blinds (dark outside) WHY.

Menu on Emirates given at your seat well before the meal, Thai come around chicken/rice or curry of sorts love surprise food.

used to get a miniature bailey's with a coffee no hab now.

I stopped using Thai a long time ago--for the simple reason they vastly increased their fares to get more money/profit. They do not respond to good competition, because they are above competition.

EVA extra leg room BKK London ret, 36,000 bht. Thai less leg room 52,000 baht. BUT Thai had a promotion at the same time but only a 2 week ticket, no refund no change date no this no that. Stick it Thai.

London with Thai 275 seater A340-600, yes the ones that are for sale, because they are gas guzzlers and they are still not filling the aircraft.

Before you get to carried away, let me remind you, that your darling PM is the de facto boss of THAI!

Having just traveled Thai Air from Hong Kong -Bangkok return all I can say is" Never again will I use this airline."

The plane was well past it's sell by date, seats incredibly uncomfortable with leg room for a midget, and the inflight "meal" was a cardboard box of luke warm mess.

Never again!

All airlines will most proberbly serve the same luke warm mess,,,,Hong kong to bangkok ,,,only 3 hours max,,,.Eat food before you go,and take some sweets with you.,Flew last year bangkok to udon thani,New plane ,very good,

I live in Udon, Air Asia granted no frills newish aircraft book on line from zero Baht advanced booking to 1,500. Thai over 2,000 baht 50 minutes flight who wants stuffing with food and drink in a 50 min flight.

I stopped using Thai a long time ago--for the simple reason they vastly increased their fares to get more money/profit. They do not respond to good competition, because they are above competition.

EVA extra leg room BKK London ret, 36,000 bht. Thai less leg room 52,000 baht. BUT Thai had a promotion at the same time but only a 2 week ticket, no refund no change date no this no that. Stick it Thai.

London with Thai 275 seater A340-600, yes the ones that are for sale, because they are gas guzzlers and they are still not filling the aircraft.

Before you get to carried away, let me remind you, that your darling PM is the de facto boss of THAI!

Complain to him, and Yingluck for the running down of Thai. not me-----go to bed not want your wind up posts. want to turn this into PM problem like you do every other topic ??

We are flying to Australia , and Thai came in the cheapest .For 2 of us we got a return ticket for 52000 baht. This was cheaper than Jet star and Qantas. With Jet star you have to think about all the extra's they put on .Qantas only flies to Sydney then you have to get a domestic flight to Melbourne

A very one off price, Do you or wifey work for Thai. I think you are one of two posters that are happy---fine stick with them.

I know its only one example, but when I was a gold member and flew back and forth so much I held several open legs, Thai stopped flying to NYC. Stopped the non-stop, but also stopped any service to NYC or East coast USA. After all the planes were always 100% full, how could you make money that way? Lost me forever, good riddance when they close.

It is if your shoved into an A340-600 with bad service and beg for drinks. Ask for a can of coke "no we only have the plastic cups" Lights out close the window blinds (dark outside) WHY.

Menu on Emirates given at your seat well before the meal, Thai come around chicken/rice or curry of sorts love surprise food.

used to get a miniature bailey's with a coffee no hab now.

Out of interest, if you did have to fly Thai, would you prefer the 747 or the Airbus?