Honda celebrates 50 millionth motorbike, multi-purpose engine produced in Thailand

webfact

Honda celebrates 50 millionth motorbike, multi-purpose engine
By Digital Content

14162163293565-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 18 -- Japan's Honda celebrates the 50 millionth unit of its motorcycle and multi-purpose engines produced in Thailand and confirms the country will continue to be an important export-oriented production base.

Joining an event to celebrate the long-standing production, Atchaka Sibunruang, permanent secretary for industry, said the Thai Honda Manufacturing Co was producing 1.7 million motorcycles and 3 million multi-purpose engines annually.

The products are exported to 80 countries and 95 per cent of them use locally made parts.

The production helps expand related industries, she said.

Ms Atchaka also said that Thai Honda was recognized as an important export-oriented production base of Honda.

Apart from creating jobs in the country, the production base has built a positive image of Thai industries, she said.

Shunichi Eguchi, president of Thai Honda Manufacturing Co, expressed gratitude to local and international customers for always supporting and trusting Honda.

“From now on Honda continues to develop its Thai production base to better and more quickly satisfy customers and reduce carbon dioxide emissions,” he said.

He acknowledged that past Thai political and economic problems had significantly affected his company but it did not have a problem with the Thai market because it could adapt its products to meet local market demands. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-11-18

Wondering if my next bike should be Honda, Yamaha, or Kawasaki........ or are they all up to par and just choose the best looking one. Surely there are differences in quality, such as vibration and smoothness. And let's not forget reliability.

Wondering if my next bike should be Honda, Yamaha, or Kawasaki........ or are they all up to par and just choose the best looking one. Surely there are differences in quality, such as vibration and smoothness. And let's not forget reliability.

You actually put them in the correct order. secondly you would find that when you re sell.

If you do not want mega power BUT power more than enough, The Honda PTX, looks comfort very low servicing cost Hat fits under the seat bigger wider tyres.---I have a Honda air blade, 3 years no probs, but now they sell the Click, the airblade they have to order.

I have had Yamaha, but style Honda.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You actually put them in the correct order. secondly you would find that when you re sell.

If you do not want mega power BUT power more than enough, The Honda PTX, looks comfort very low servicing cost Hat fits under the seat bigger wider tyres.---I have a Honda air blade, 3 years no probs, but now they sell the Click, the airblade they have to order.

I have had Yamaha, but style Honda.

I've only owned a Honda before that's why I am curious if there any actually any better makes. The only thing I could complain about is vibration to the handlebars, but who am I to judge? Maybe it's the best already, or maybe Yamaha is better.

I'm looking at sport naked bikes, specifically the Kawasaki Z800 or Yamaha FZ8-N. Part of me wants to grab the Z800 just because of the looks, but deep inside I know the Yamaha should have better "quality" and the looks of Yamaha should prevail in the long term. I'm not aware of any Honda equivalents for these 2 competitors? Some reviews show that the Z800 has some irritating noise issues when the engine is cold and some gearing noise.