Pumpuis Is MUCH More Than A "Pizza Restaurant"!

patsfangr

The moderator closed the thread on Pumpuis (Soi Siam, north side, just west of the traffic light at Nongprue Road) because "We have a thread here for pizza restaurants." I think that was a bit premature, since this place is MUCH more than a "pizza restaurant". The owner, Roman, is French. The chef is his cousin. They offer a large and diverse menu with a variety of pastas, steaks (Australian beef), seafood, and other items, as well as a very special list of deserts. For those with Thai partners, there are only a few Thai items available at present; but I'm sure that can grow if the demand justifies it.

I ate there yesterday, and had one of the specials on the list for the day, grilled salmon with (homemade) fettuccine. It was excellent. They even added a marinara sauce to the fettuccine, at my request. (There are special items added to the menu each day which are listed on a couple of chalkboards.)

I add my strong recommendation to the that of the original poster. It's currently open air, but they plan to enclose it with glass walls and add aircon, if the income allows for it. I hope that happens, because the food quality and variety makes it a welcome addition to the area!