I'm not a dictator, says angry Prayut

Lite Beer

Then fat haggis the Pope is a dictator too!

So the Pontif took over the Catholic Church by force and then duly elected himself into the position of Pope? and then started to crack down on those who opposed him?

like I've said before TROLLING and not very good trolling either!!

While I don't agree with wilsonandson it should be said, a few popes in the past did do that.

• Like 2

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then fat haggis the Pope is a dictator too!

So the Pontif took over the Catholic Church by force and then duly elected himself into the position of Pope? and then started to crack down on those who opposed him?

like I've said before TROLLING and not very good trolling either!!

While I don't agree with wilsonandson it should be said, a few popes in the past did do that.

Fat Haggis - cracking troll skulls since 2014.........................thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Doesn't matter what term he uses to describe his non-elected rise to power. What does matter, and will be well remembered, is the point in time when he lost the trust and support of the law abiding majority. That point in time was when he rewarded and heaped praise on a proudly corrupt police force for successfully finding scape goats and then threatening anybody(and mainly those that helped with early investigative efforts) that discusses the travesty of justice.

Dictatorship or not, there is no questioning that the guy is a bully, and as recent revelations show, is just as slimy as the clan he booted out. Quite why they didn't pick somebody with morals and without hundreds of millions of very questionable baht in the bank to "clean up" the country is a mystery. A complete own goal, and this one didn't hit the crossbar.

I am unabashed about wishing to see a stable, at least funtionably knowledgeable democracy in Thailand, for the sake of the Thai people. I also have to acknowledge that matters were getting to a very dangerous state bordering on widerspread violence had the military not stepped into the fray. That said, a miltary coup, professing to attempting to change the cultural political situation must understand, no matter the best intentions, there is a finite amount of time that those affected, on both sides, will tolerate being shut out of having a freer hand. Time is critical in showing concrete results and allowing a gradual return to civilian, elected rule.

I don't see how being ratified by HM that it can be a dictatorship? What am I missing?

HE allowed his opposition party to paralyze the country

HE allowed that leader to go into the monk hood without prosecution

HE overthrew a democratically elected prime minister

HE threw away a country's constitution

HE purged the country's government of all the old political party's members

HE arrested members of opposition political party and had them sent to military camps for HIS reeducation purposes

HE has forbidden any opposition to HIS views

HE is attempting to censor and control the media

If you dont understand how this equates to being a dictator that has stolen the country of Thailand from its people, then there's not much I or anybody else can say to you

HE is a dictator. Period.

He restored Law and Order.

Without Law and Order there is no Democracy.

HE Did NOT restore law and order. HE has OPPRESSED Thailand into submission.

• Like 2

I think people should step back and look at the situation when the coup occurred. A corrupt government and the country spiralling towards civil war. If anybody believes Thailand was a true democracy before the coup they are sadly mistaken. Being a good politician is a contradiction in terms. Things may not be perfect but they are a damn sight better than they were 12 months ago.

You missed the part where the army consciously sat back and allowed it to spin towards civil war so as to create an excuse for a *oup. Or the part where the Australian university study looking at the last full election determined the it was the most unfettered and freely held election ever held in South East Asia. Perhaps they got it wrong and those who relentlessly chant the "the votes were all bought" meme because they heard it from somebody else in the pub have it right. (answering that with some silly animated emoticons won't change that study I'm afraid).

Myself, I'd rather the nation enjoy a corrupt democratic (and anyone who also repeats the mantra that Asians or Thais are incapable of democracy is either ignorant of western history or just a plain old fashioned racist) regime than an equally corrupt *ictatorship which is where we are right now.

"You missed the part where the army consciously sat back and allowed it to spin towards civil war"

So you support the army stepping in with out being asked?

Is the survey that shows about 75% of Thai people support this bloke made up? Seems in the main that the Thai citizens are pleased post junta.

Yes, made up.

OK I will accept survey was made up but.....

All these xpats giving opinions on state of affairs in a country where they are not a citizen. Don't know about other members, but the Thai I talk to all seem to be very happy about junta and PM.

Keep in mind that most believe the pollies and cops are all corrupt. Yes must admit the Thai I mix with are where I live, bkk. Its not my business but I think if I was Thai I would prefer the current situation.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

with a landslide victory as Thaksin / Yingluck.

yes with vote buying

You do understand you are up against 3 independent studies which rather precisely put the lie to this rote repeated claim. Just saying something over and over simply doesn't make it true.

The English Royal Family arranged the murder of Princess Diana. President Obams is a Kenyan. Taksin bought election victory. The three studies you mention don't mean tiddly-squat to fascist nutters. As the late great Julius Caesar said, Folks will believe what they wish to believe. Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.

I think people should step back and look at the situation when the coup occurred. A corrupt government and the country spiralling towards civil war. If anybody believes Thailand was a true democracy before the coup they are sadly mistaken. Being a good politician is a contradiction in terms. Things may not be perfect but they are a damn sight better than they were 12 months ago.

You missed the part where the army consciously sat back and allowed it to spin towards civil war so as to create an excuse for a *oup. Or the part where the Australian university study looking at the last full election determined the it was the most unfettered and freely held election ever held in South East Asia. Perhaps they got it wrong and those who relentlessly chant the "the votes were all bought" meme because they heard it from somebody else in the pub have it right. (answering that with some silly animated emoticons won't change that study I'm afraid).

Myself, I'd rather the nation enjoy a corrupt democratic (and anyone who also repeats the mantra that Asians or Thais are incapable of democracy is either ignorant of western history or just a plain old fashioned racist) regime than an equally corrupt *ictatorship which is where we are right now.

"You missed the part where the army consciously sat back and allowed it to spin towards civil war"

So you support the army stepping in with out being asked?

Well they certainly had no qualms about advancing on the red shirts with armed war weapons as darkness was falling.

• Like 1

Is the survey that shows about 75% of Thai people support this bloke made up? Seems in the main that the Thai citizens are pleased post junta.

75% ?? Absolutely made up. The right number is 93%.

only because he says so. Let's see an independent poll where people are allowed to speak and not dictatored to. Where people are not living in extreme fear for thier lives and those of thier families.

only because he says so. Let's see an independent poll where people are allowed to speak and not dictatored to. Where people are not living in extreme fear for thier lives and those of thier families.

It doesn't matter whether it is independent or not. If it isn't the result that they want or expect, it isn't accepted ... and that applies to either side.

Well they certainly had no qualms about advancing on the red shirts with armed war weapons as darkness was falling.

Lucky they were armed. Can you imagine how many more soldiers would have been killed by armed red shirts if they hadn't been?

Besides that, they were asked to assist with security by the Abhisit government, so they did. They weren't asked by the Yingluck government, so they didn't.

Lucky they were armed. Can you imagine how many more soldiers would have been killed by armed red shirts if they hadn't been?

Besides that, they were asked to assist with security by the Abhisit government, so they did. They weren't asked by the Yingluck government, so they didn't.

u forgot that Suthep was in talk with Prayuth from a long time....

Actually the yellow courts said the protesters couldn't be touched, so the YS government were hand-tied.

I find it funny when people believe what Suthep has to say when it suits them.

• Like 1

I find it funny when people believe what Suthep has to say when it suits them.

Deflect, deny & play dumb as usual. Everyone knows they were in cahoots.

• Like 1

Wish he would be more dictatorial about the criminals who prey upon the innocent on a regular basis. I've got no problem with DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED politicians going to prison for breaking the law as well as the police who break the law on a regular basis. Love to see some of the political Elite in the USA and UK cool their heels in a jail cell too.

.........................."determined the it was the most unfettered and freely held election ever held in South East Asia"............................

Either that is hogwash or the uni had been "bought" by the Shins to come up with that crazy opinion.

............................."those who relentlessly chant the "the votes were all bought" meme because they heard it from somebody else in the pub have it right"...........................

No I didn't hear it in a pub, my wife's family in Surin openly admitted they were paid to vote for the PTP in the last election, and have been paid to vote for previous versions of that rotten party. Why would they lie about something like that ? To them it was just a business transaction.

Don't even bother telling me that the Dems do it so it is ok, two wrongs don't make a right.

Anyone who was caught bribing people for votes in Australia would be locked up, as it should be in Thailand.

This country would have an entirely different political history if you took away the vote buying, and the people would have been better off for it.

..............."Myself, I'd rather the nation enjoy a corrupt democratic regime than an equally corrupt *ictatorship which is where we are right now."....................

Tell that to the families of the people who took their own lives due to financial hardship, compliments of Yingluck's rice scam.

( I was in Surin last week and the in-laws are now blaming the low rice prices this year on the previous government. Suddenly that little bit of money they were bribed with was not worth it, they have lost a lot, lot more in rice revenue. )

Edited by mikemac

Keep it up. It all means cheaper holidays for us who will never own land or a business anyway over there so who cares how they live if they really care they need to change it themselves seems they love living this way under constant repression and fairy land values so so drink up lads 2 bucks a beer compared to 12 back home.

As if the 97% figure isn't made up.. The actual percentage is south of 30% as even quite a few supporters of the "democrats" aren't happy with this lot.