Panel proposes dissolving Thai police head office, governing body

webfact

Stalking your posts is my hobby!!coffee1.gif

laugh.png Don't flatter yourself. You're always on here with an opinion or several about every subject under the sun. You will see from my posting record (but quite possibly too self absorbed to notice) I rarely follow/reply on threads. I have agreed with you, on occasion, but you are becoming tedious. 'Ignored' coffee1.gif

Edited by jpeg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At last !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to disappoint. But having first been tucked up by my local plod shop (piece of 'already transferred' sh1t not in attendance), they couldn't have been more helpful/embarrassed (I know them all by name, and they me biggrin.png ). The Chief of Police stated 'I go with you to ....... to jap'. Some wery wery good people in the police, but when others have no compunction but to accept a bribe, where are they?

The police have a very hard time being able to survive on their salaries. But. Begs the question 'who already knows this, and why don't they address it?' OF course there will always be greedy b4stards who will still want/need more than their meager salaries. So who, ultimately, is at fault?huh.png

Poor salaries is the main reason they have to raise their own and have been given the green light to do so.However,once on this slippery slope,greed kicks in,and there is no end to it.I have also been helped free of charge,from the boys in Soi 9,Pattaya,of all places.

There has to come a point where they admit this apple is rotten to the core - time to start over and make punishment for police corruption so harsh that few will attempt it .... look at Singapore, the penalty is years in jail and a bloody good thrashing.

Until they are willing and able to admit their continuous failures nothing will change other than it'll get worse.

Just moving the corruption to another location!!coffee1.gif

but control of police forces by state or local authorities is exactly what happens in most of the western world...or does that not fit with your incessant anti Thai rhetoric and agenda.

you're nothing but a two faced ingrate. Go back to your homeland..you wont be missed

What about a UK type structure for the police? Too many provinces for each to have their own, but could group together so that there were 20-40 forces. Each do their own recruitment subject to national guidelines. Seperate acadamies divorced from the military. Meetings of senior officers from different forces to discuss best practice. No one with nationwide power. Or am I just a dreamer?

Possibly decentralizing the power of the dysfunctional monster?

Then again, there are quarters that see the bad in any position, regardless of the intent.

"You can give some people a pot of gold, only to be met by complaints that the contents are too heavy".

but control of police forces by state or local authorities is exactly what happens in most of the western world...or does that not fit with your incessant anti Thai rhetoric and agenda.

you're nothing but a two faced ingrate. Go back to your homeland..you wont be missed

Who pissed on your cornflakes??

• Like 1

Reform of the Thai police should be decided by the Thai police. Put it to an anomynous vote within the force. Changing everything at once might cause stress and misunderstanding. Change should be gradual and with all helping together to bring about a police force that the people can trust and is transparent in what it does. The majority already have this, just a few have brought shame on the profession. Help the police by giving them better wages and equipment is a change that I would recomend. Skills in forensic science. cyber crime, foreign language training, more police dogs trained, horse back police, more female officers, a swat team, more squad cars, helicopters with powerful search lights. I could go on.

• Like 1

I can see it now - the police of the Foreign Ministry vs the police of the Tourism Ministry vs the police of the Forestry Ministry vs the police of the Land-grab Ministry, the Ministry of Funny-walks, the Don't-Drive-on-the-Right Ministry. Gazillions of the blighters, ALL squabbling so THEY don't have to actually work. And all of them making-up their own versions of laws-that-don't-exist.

• Like 1

Just follow what Georgia did, no need to re-invent the wheel...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement_in_Georgia_%28country%29

"In 2005. Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili fired "the entire traffic police force" of the Georgian National Police due to corruption,[2] numbering around 30,000 police officers.[3]"

And crime actually went down for the 3 months they had no police force. Why? The police were involved with every form of crime. One way or another.

Exactly the same as here. So rather than have meetings and waste time, just do exactly

what Georgia did.... Start fresh. The foxes at the hen house having meetings to control

themselves will not work out very well. The Thai police have already proven what they are,

time for new blood.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

I wish they'd just come out and say what they are really planning, they intend to put the police force under military control. That's the ultimate plan!

This appears to be the case exactly. When clearing the beaches, were any of the local Orborjors investigated for allowing the mess? No. Judges? Prosecutors? Immigration Officials? Land Officers? Some may have been cited for show, but brought to book? No. Why? Doesn't take Einstein to work that one out. Duzzit huh.png