Recommend best bang per buck Android phone

apetley

Why not the IQ range from the Thai brand I-mobile? I got one and its been good for the money but don't expect any android upgrades so you are stuck with what you buy but I don't care too much about that.

I-mobile phones can be bought all over Thailand.

• Like 2

Don't buy an acer liquid z5 smartphone. I've been to there service shop 3 times.

What a piece of junk !!

Why? What's been the problems?

Just after receiving it as a gift. I charged it up and made a few calls but could just hear people talking and found out the speaker was faulty.

Gave me another phone.

Then one time up country I had the charger plugged in and the phone just wouldn't switch on. When I got back to home in Bangkok I played with it again and it did fire up again ....

however , same issue some 2 months later ... took it to the shop .. they deleted everything and reinstalled there program & i got it back a few days later.

A couple of days ago the weather program stopped working ... not a big deal, however they told me they would need to reinstall the program again. Of coarse I would loose all my data and pictures again.

So, my opinion on Acer quality = junk bah.gif

Edited by steven100

Don't buy an acer liquid z5 smartphone. I've been to there service shop 3 times.

What a piece of junk !!

Just after receiving it as a gift. I charged it up and made a few calls but could just hear people talking and found out the speaker was faulty.

Gave me another phone.

Then one time up country I had the charger plugged in and the phone just wouldn't switch on. When I got back to home in Bangkok I played with it again and it did fire up again ....

however , same issue some 2 months later ... took it to the shop .. they deleted everything and reinstalled there program & i got it back a few days later.

A couple of days ago the weather program stopped working ... not a big deal, however they told me they would need to reinstall the program again. Of coarse I would loose all my data and pictures again.

brother of ex-gf was an engineer working in quality control at Acer in Taiwan.

You wouldn't find a single product of Acer in their household.

:)

Edited by uhuh

I recommend the Xiaomi, (I got theXiaomi Redmi Note $160 US 2 sims) but make sure you get a genuine one, (as there are many fakes around on ebay and aliexpress,) not a copy or you will be very disappointed. Check out the specs and the price. I got a friend to buy me one from the factory sales and love it. It was a lot of trouble but it was worth it. Ok, you haven't heard of them, well It is the world's 3rd largest smartphone distributor that designs, develops, and sells smartphones, mobile apps and consumer electronics, They are even developing an electric car.

According to wikipedia "Xiaomi's flagship mobile handset line is the Xiaomi Mi series, past being the Xiaomi Mi3. The newest model in this line is the Xiaomi Mi4.[57] It was initially launched in mainland China, followed by Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and India on March, May and July 2014 respectively. The Xiaomi Mi3 uses a modified Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 and has been tested as the world's fastest Android smartphone according to benchmark testing apps Antutu, Quadrant and Geekbench.[58]"

Can't wait till they are released in Thailand. The biggest problem is there is no warranty outside the country where you buy it. After 5 months, no problems. There is a site Xiaomi Thailand but I am not sure if they are genuine or the cost. If you look at the Singapore website, you will see what the prices should be and specs. www.mi.com/sg/.

Edited by aussiebrian

Get something that you can continually upgrade with custom ROMs long after the vendor stops doing it.

Which makes Samsung your best bet, being the most popular they tend to have the best selection of ROMs.

Following on from Chicog's advice there you can use the easy search tool on http://www.xda-developers.com/ to find out how active a community is for each type of phone. Please note that any phone model might actually have different editions and you should make note of these too.

• Like 1

What a piece of junk !!

Gave me another phone.

brother of ex-gf was an engineer working in quality control at Acer in Taiwan.

You wouldn't find a single product of Acer in their household.

smile.png

Couldn't agree more. I would say that 80% of all "hey, can you help me with my laptop" requests have found me staring at an Acer. Is it the hardware or the user though?

Xiaomi's are available on LAZADA.com

I have a Zenphone-5 and like it very much. The screen display is fine for me but no, it does not compare with Super Amoled or Nexus. I only wish it had a gutsier, replaceable battery.

Me too, I wanted something along the lines of the nexus and at the price the zenfone 5 fit the bill. For the most part I'm very happy with it, and pleased with the quick kitkat updates etc.

I read something interesting the other day, a new "lite" version of the phone has been released recently. Although it has a slower CPU (1.2 GHz) and just 1gb RAM, what it does have is a bigger battery by about 20% (2500mAh)... it may be that this boosted battery will make it's way into the regular model soon enough.