Jeb Bush to explore White House bid

webfact

Great, more dark humor chuckles and comedy galore in store should he run or god forbid win. Gotta love that whacky Bush family and how they got their start helping finance the Nazis rise to power. Jeb was involved with fudging the governor's election in Florida in his favor, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe he'd like to try something more ambitious and rig the Presidential election. Juicy corruption and scandals galore! Should be a real entertainment bonanza.

Al Gore loses Jeb Bush's Florida (and the Presidential election) due to the "hanging shard syndrome"...

whistling.gif

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/09/us/2000-elections-florida-state-officials-don-t-expect-recount-change-outcome.html

Edited by iReason

internecine

One of my favourite words from the English language. Adding 'warfare' is like putting a mustard or black pepper sauce onto a very nice steak thumbsup.gif

Civil internecine,doesn't have the same ring to it somehow, cant sell a film with a title like that even if the music is good

Political Dynasties. Isn't that a trait that sort of defines the state of third-world nations?

Clinton or Bush? That's the choice? I definitely see the direction that the US is heading. Pax Romana. I think not. An empire on it's last legs? If the shoe fits........

Great stuff! Bush is loathed by the "Tea Party" and if he's selected the GOP is likely to self-destruct into internecine warfare, maybe even resulting in a 3rd party "nutter" candidate like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul! All hail Madam President Clinton...

Brewster.

I'm a Brit and had quite a fierce argument with some fellow UK people about the Teaparty.

They insisted it was something to do with Boston, but I seem to believe it is a 'faction' in the Republican party who use the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) slogan as the initial basis of their formation. Is that right or do I have to humbly apologise? Thanks

Great stuff! Bush is loathed by the "Tea Party" and if he's selected the GOP is likely to self-destruct into internecine warfare, maybe even resulting in a 3rd party "nutter" candidate like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul! All hail Madam President Clinton...

Brewster.

I'm a Brit and had quite a fierce argument with some fellow UK people about the Teaparty.

They insisted it was something to do with Boston, but I seem to believe it is a 'faction' in the Republican party who use the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) slogan as the initial basis of their formation. Is that right or do I have to humbly apologise? Thanks

I'm a Brit too, but I'm 99.9% sure you're right!

Brewster.

I'm a Brit too, but I'm 99.9% sure you're right!

The Boston Tea Party (Literally about Tea) occured as the last straw, because the British Colonies were being taxed without representation in the British Parliament.

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/teaparty.htm

TEA was co-opted recently, by citizens of a Representative Gov't. blink.png

It really has no relation with the actions of 1773.

But, they do like to wear the uniforms of the period...

laugh.png

In 2004 Jeb Bush accompanied Colin Powell to Thailand after the tsunami to see where the U.S. should start dispersing the 400 MLN aid package. At least he isn't afraid to step up and help when needed even if there was no political mileage in it for him.

Face time = political mileage

People are still talking about it ten years later wink.png

Most dangerous place in the world is the space between a US politician and a camera lense.

This happened in 2003:

a friend of mine is having lunch with a co-worker, co-worker doesn't follow politics much.

A TV is near their table, the news is on. Jeb is making a statement of some sort, co-worker asks who he is. My friend tells him.

Co-worker: "that's Bush's brother? Is W the milkman's kid?"

Now Neil is one slick SOB, I wouldn't want to play cards with him! He was involved in a banking scandal in the 1990s, I didn't follow the whole thing but he offered some pretty choice testimony. Regardless, it didn't stain the other family members.

Worst thing about Jeb is he looks like his mother, slap a wig on him and you couldn't tell them apart. I dread having to see that face all over the media.

I think part of his 'exploratory' candidacy is to see how bad they're gonna get on him about a certain election in 2000.

His Grandfather, Prescott Bush did business with Hitler.

His Father, does business with the bin Laden family.

Hmmmm....wonder which terrorist Jeb does business with?

You forgot George Jr/s love affair with the King of Saudi Arabia.

bannersaudi.gif

His got a lot of built in advantages.

Name recognition.

A long standing BRAND.

The brand has pros and cons but there were two previous Bush presidents, one was OK, one was horrible, but the country didn't explode under them.

He's electable. Don't discount his potential for that.

Name recognition.

A long standing BRAND.

The brand has pros and cons but there were two previous Bush presidents, one was OK, one was horrible, but the country didn't explode under them.

You're right about it not exploding. But it did implode and took most of the global economy with it.

I'm fairly certain that would be the subject of more than a few attack ads if he ever got that far.

Name recognition.

A long standing BRAND.

No the rest of the world did!!

Bushes?...Clintons?....Democrats and Republicans are the same sh...with different smell....Presidents do not run the US anymore...money do.

With that kind of politics the US is going further down...If already is not at the bottom....

His views on illegal immigration conflict with mine. If he and Hillary Clinton are the two choices, it will be a lesser of two evils kind of vote.

Just out of interest, what are your views on it?

Seems like an amnesty and a road map towards becoming fully legal seems like a sensible solution before implementing very strict immigration control seeing as your country has been running illegal immigrants into the ground for years now for economic benefit while turning a blind eye to people flooding over the borders from the south.

Interesting to see a republican with some different views

Why? They tried that during the Reagan administration and I was pissed off about it then... Here we almost 30 years later and nothing has been done to secure the borders and there a millions more illegals in the country...

I no longer align myself with either party in the US... They have proven time and time again that there is no difference between them... The show in the MSM is all a kabuki dance to divide the public on issues and they are expert at this psyop... Both parties are owned by the bankers and do their bidding... The final straw for me was the GOP under Boehner reneging on their campaign promise to oppose Obama's "memorandum" on amnesty... Instead, an agreement was reached by a handful of power elites and they then lied to get the bill passed at the 11th hour... Same as it always was...

I am fascinated by the fact that the next presidential election will be between another Clinton and another Bush.

I can't believe Americans consider it is politically healthy for the same people to occupy these positions for long periods of time. To be controlled by family dynasties?

Michigan Rep. John Dingell is retiring after 58 years in the same position and it looks like his wife is going to take over the seat.

In a country of 300 million there must be some new talent and new blood to challenge the status quo?

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 2

His views on illegal immigration conflict with mine. If he and Hillary Clinton are the two choices, it will be a lesser of two evils kind of vote.

Just out of interest, what are your views on it?

Seems like an amnesty and a road map towards becoming fully legal seems like a sensible solution before implementing very strict immigration control seeing as your country has been running illegal immigrants into the ground for years now for economic benefit while turning a blind eye to people flooding over the borders from the south.

Interesting to see a republican with some different views

Why? They tried that during the Reagan administration and I was pissed off about it then... Here we almost 30 years later and nothing has been done to secure the borders and there a millions more illegals in the country...

I no longer align myself with either party in the US... They have proven time and time again that there is no difference between them... The show in the MSM is all a kabuki dance to divide the public on issues and they are expert at this psyop... Both parties are owned by the bankers and do their bidding... The final straw for me was the GOP under Boehner reneging on their campaign promise to oppose Obama's "memorandum" on amnesty... Instead, an agreement was reached by a handful of power elites and they then lied to get the bill passed at the 11th hour... Same as it always was...

I am fascinated by the fact that the next presidential election will be between another Clinton and another Bush.

I can't believe Americans consider it is politically healthy for the same people to occupy these positions for long periods of time. To be controlled by family dynasties?

Michigan Rep. John Dingell is retiring after 58 years in the same position and it looks like his wife is going to take over the seat.

In a country of 300 million there must be some new talent and new blood to challenge the status quo?

The first woman president....not the first woman to campaign for prez, but the first woman because she's the one uniquely qualified for the most serious consideration.

If Jeb Bush gets the nomination of the Republican party, get back to me then so you and I can discuss it, thx. In the meantime, don't take your post to the bank because it just doesn't qualify as collateral of any kind. The post is unsecured completely and entirely.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Same here. Clinton is too right wing for me, so I'll be voting for Jeb Bush if it comes to that.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Same here. Clinton is too right wing for me, so I'll be voting for Jeb Bush if it comes to that.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1