Myanmar says workers innocent of murdering Britons on Koh Tao

webfact

Their is one very important witness they could call. He would have nothing to fear from this country. That would be the British coroner.

He doesn't exist.

What do you mean he doesn't exist. Of course he exists. And is a very credible source. Why does nobody think the British coroner report would be valuable.

just read on a popular Facebook site

A British business man who owns a hotel in Spain is willing to sponsor those come forward as witness in Koh Tao case. He will offer them hotel jobs at his hotel in Spain. This is because he knows these witnesses' lives might be in danger after they testify at the court.

What a great guy. Get in there and help. I am sure after this is over, the Myanmar worker's would rather go to Spain. My friend went there and loved it.

ABC also carrying the story Myanmar investigators say accused workers are innocent of murdering British tourists in Thailand

Posted Thu at 10:36pmThu 18 Dec 2014, 10:36pm

5754838-3x2-340x227.jpgPHOTO: Thai authorities were under pressure to quickly find those responsible for David Miller and Hannah Witheridge's deaths. September 14, 2014. (Facebook)

RELATED STORY: Migrant workers deny killing British tourists on Thai island

MAP: Burma

Two Myanmar men accused of murdering two British tourists in Thailand are innocent but witnesses who might be able to prove their case will not testify because they fear Thai police, Myanmar investigators say.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-18/myanmar-workers-did-not-kill-uk-tourists-thailand-investigators/5977726

It is great the international papers continue to monitor this story. How do you make the jump at 21 years old. From I am singing songs on the beach. To we both suddenly decided to do that terrible thing. Clear it all up,stage it all up. Then run home and be found sleeping 1 hour later. The glove really does not fit.

And I forgot to mention, people just want to see the truth of justice for this horrific story.

Well,the spirit of the post is to get people to contribute ideas on how to help the defense prove the boys are innocent.

What's your bright idea then?

First, I am truly sorry if I have offended you. It was not my intention, and we are on the same side in wanting a fair trial.

I wish there was an easy solution to proving the Burmese kids innocent. There really is not. Of course, donating money to the defense fund, and trying to raise the profile of the case might help.

One thing that I think might be valuable is trying to reconstruct the events, as they unfolded, with links to sources, and open questions that remain unanswered. This would be much more detailed than my starting point below, and be continually updated as research proceeds, but this is the kind of thing I have in mind:

The last time Hannah and David were reported to be seen alive was at a party at AC Bar.(sources ..., ....)

There have been some reports (sources ..., ...) that Hannah and David were involved in an altercation at the party

Can these reports be confirmed? Can those involved be identified?

Hannah and David left the party together at 1:00 am (sources ..., ...)

Did anyone else see David or Hannah subsequent to this time?

Did anyone contact David or Hannah after 1:00 am by phone, text or in any other way?

Can the defense request access to the SIM cards of Hannah's and David's phones?

Did staff at their guest house see them that night?

The earliest reports stated that police were informed at 5:30 am (sources ..., ...)

Police originally estimated the date of death as between 4:00 and 5:00 am (sources ..., ...)

How accurate is the date of death as originally reported likely to be?

IMPORTANT: Can we explain what may have occurred in the 3-4 hours between leaving the party and dying about 100 meters away?

Police reported that both David and Hannah were naked when found (sources ..., ...)

Can we construct credible scenarios that would explain why David was naked?

Were all Hannah's and David's clothes found? Where?

Were the clothes and same that they were wearing when they left the party?

The following items belonging to Hannah were found at the crime scene:

xxx (sources ..., ...)

yyy (sources ..., ...)

Was Hannah's room key found at the scene? If not, where was iit?

The following items belonging to David were found at the crime scene:

xxx (sources ..., ...)

yyy (sources ..., ...)

Was David's room key found at the scene? If not, where was it?

The following photos exist of the bodies at the crime scene (sources ..., ...)

Police reported that the main weapon used in the attack was a hoe found 35 meters from the crime scene (sources ..., ...)

Can forensic experts confirm or deny that the wounds, as seen on photos, are consistent with the hoe being the murder weapon?

NOTE: only qualified opinions should be accepted as an answer to this, however much some of us might think the answer "obvious"

Some sources suggest that a second weapon (a wooden club) was also used (sources ..., ...)

Is this still part of the official narrative? What is the evidence for it? Was the club found?

Police reported that the hoe contained blood from Hannah but not from David? (sources ..., ...)

If the hoe was used to kill David, is it reasonable that it would not contain his blood?

etc., etc., etc.

I would be willing to contribute to such an effort, as well as try to recruit others whose analytical ability I trust to moderate the material collated.

Myanmar says workers innocent of murdering Britons in Thailand

Reuters

Yangon

BANGKOK: -- Myanmar investigators said on Thursday they believe two Myanmar men accused of murdering two British tourists in Thailand are innocent, but witnesses who might be able to prove their innocence will not testify as they fear the Thai police.

Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, were found dead on Sept. 15 on a beach on the southern Thai island of Koh Tao. Post-mortem examinations showed both suffered severe head wounds and Witheridge was raped.

The murders dealt a blow to Thailands vital tourism industry, which is struggling to recover after months of political unrest and a May 22 coup, and the government called on police to solve the case quickly.

Myanmar migrant workers Zaw Lin and Win Phyo, both 21, initially confessed to the murders but later retracted their confessions saying they had been beaten and threatened by Thai police.

But Thai police deny those accusations and say they have solid evidence, including DNA evidence, against the two men who were arrested in October.

A committee set up by Myanmars embassy in Thailand to investigate the case said they had interviewed about 40 Myanmar nationals who were working on Koh Tao at the time of the murders.

Some of those interviewed were "strong witnesses" who might provide evidence to exonerate the accused, said Kyaw Thaung, who heads the committee, but they were reluctant to testify and had returned to Myanmar for fear of being implicated in the crime.

"If they go to court and speak as witnesses, theyll have problems with the Thai police and Thai bosses," Kyaw Thaung told reporters in Yangon, Myanmars largest city.

Thai Police Major General Suwat Jaengyordsuk, defended the investigation, which he led, and said Myanmar was welcome to present witnesses.

The two pleaded not guilty on Dec. 8 to charges including conspiracy to commit murder and rape. The first hearing in the case will take place on Dec. 26.

"Whatever the Thai government decides in this case, we believe these two young people did not commit this crime," said Htoo Chit, the Myanmar committees spokesman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Myanmar-says-workers-innocent-of-murdering-Britons-30250162.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-12-18

A reminder of what this is all about. 2 innocent 21 year old boys.

Well,the spirit of the post is to get people to contribute ideas on how to help the defense prove the boys are innocent.What's your bright idea then?

First, I am truly sorry if I have offended you. It was not my intention, and we are on the same side in wanting a fair trial.

I wish there was an easy solution to proving the Burmese kids innocent. There really is not. Of course, donating money to the defense fund, and trying to raise the profile of the case might help.

One thing that I think might be valuable is trying to reconstruct the events, as they unfolded, with links to sources, and open questions that remain unanswered. This would be much more detailed than my starting point below, and be continually updated as research proceeds, but this is the kind of thing I have in mind:

The last time Hannah and David were reported to be seen alive was at a party at AC Bar.(sources ..., ....)

There have been some reports (sources ..., ...) that Hannah and David were involved in an altercation at the party

Can these reports be confirmed? Can those involved be identified?

Hannah and David left the party together at 1:00 am (sources ..., ...)

Did anyone else see David or Hannah subsequent to this time?

Did anyone contact David or Hannah after 1:00 am by phone, text or in any other way?

Can the defense request access to the SIM cards of Hannah's and David's phones?

Did staff at their guest house see them that night?

The earliest reports stated that police were informed at 5:30 am (sources ..., ...)

Police originally estimated the date of death as between 4:00 and 5:00 am (sources ..., ...)

How accurate is the date of death as originally reported likely to be?

IMPORTANT: Can we explain what may have occurred in the 3-4 hours between leaving the party and dying about 100 meters away?

Police reported that both David and Hannah were naked when found (sources ..., ...)

Can we construct credible scenarios that would explain why David was naked?

Were all Hannah's and David's clothes found? Where?

Were the clothes and same that they were wearing when they left the party?

The following items belonging to Hannah were found at the crime scene:

xxx (sources ..., ...)

yyy (sources ..., ...)

Was Hannah's room key found at the scene? If not, where was iit?

The following items belonging to David were found at the crime scene:

xxx (sources ..., ...)

yyy (sources ..., ...)

Was David's room key found at the scene? If not, where was it?

The following photos exist of the bodies at the crime scene (sources ..., ...)

Police reported that the main weapon used in the attack was a hoe found 35 meters from the crime scene (sources ..., ...)

Can forensic experts confirm or deny that the wounds, as seen on photos, are consistent with the hoe being the murder weapon?

NOTE: only qualified opinions should be accepted as an answer to this, however much some of us might think the answer "obvious"

Some sources suggest that a second weapon (a wooden club) was also used (sources ..., ...)

Is this still part of the official narrative? What is the evidence for it? Was the club found?

Police reported that the hoe contained blood from Hannah but not from David? (sources ..., ...)

If the hoe was used to kill David, is it reasonable that it would not contain his blood?

etc., etc., etc.

I would be willing to contribute to such an effort, as well as try to recruit others whose analytical ability I trust to moderate the material collated.

Well exactly what I was thinking. Trying to group evidence rather than having it all over the place. Unfortunately your post will get lost any minute now, as the trolls will be out soon.

Apparently they did not leave together. David went back to his room with Chris. Then said he was going to find hannah as he was worried about her. Nobody knows why hannah was not with her friends.

However, in my opinion we can all speculate all we want. I try to stay out of it. I try to focus on finding the evidence or witness that can come forward to slam dunk the boys innocence.

I thought it would be interesting to have a page devoted to pictures. A page devoted to anonymous witnesses who can provide just the information you are seeking. I am so happy to have somebody reply to my post good or bad. Thanks

Well exactly what I was thinking. Trying to group evidence rather than having it all over the place. Unfortunately your post will get lost any minute now, as the trolls will be out soon.

Apparently they did not leave together. David went back to his room with Chris. Then said he was going to find hannah as he was worried about her. Nobody knows why hannah was not with her friends.

However, in my opinion we can all speculate all we want. I try to stay out of it. I try to focus on finding the evidence or witness that can come forward to slam dunk the boys innocence.

I thought it would be interesting to have a page devoted to pictures. A page devoted to anonymous witnesses who can provide just the information you are seeking. I am so happy to have somebody reply to my post good or bad. Thanks

This post is exactly why I think a carefully researched account with sources is potentially so useful. Most sources suggest they left together at 1:00 am. Apparently, according to you, this is wrong. Do you have a good link for David and Chris Ware's movements after the party?

This post is exactly why I think a carefully researched account with sources is potentially so useful. Most sources suggest they left together at 1:00 am. Apparently, according to you, this is wrong. Do you have a good link for David and Chris Ware's movements after the party?

I forgot to mention ...

If David was worried about Hannah, the first thing he would do is try to phone her. The time he tried, and the lack of an answer would be highly significant.

• Like 1

I posted many times today, but it seems like most of the posts have disappeared. I reposted the defense team donations account and some links to the defense team. But it seems to be gone. Even the emblem of the defense team is gone. And many pictures seem to be taken out. What happens to all that stuff.

• Like 1

So here is my question to the Fab4: if -according to you and your favorites in the BIB- the case against the B2 is so totally clear and safe...why would ANYONE be fearing repercussions from anyone else?

Not quite understand this? Who is fearing repercussions.

Potential witnesses, especially former workers on Koh Tao...for example...

I posted many times today, but it seems like most of the posts have disappeared. I reposted the defense team donations account and some links to the defense team. But it seems to be gone. Even the emblem of the defense team is gone. And many pictures seem to be taken out. What happens to all that stuff.

Oh no. Wrong heading. Nothing has disappeared. Found the one that has the donation account. ?

Well exactly what I was thinking. Trying to group evidence rather than having it all over the place. Unfortunately your post will get lost any minute now, as the trolls will be out soon.Apparently they did not leave together. David went back to his room with Chris. Then said he was going to find hannah as he was worried about her. Nobody knows why hannah was not with her friends.

I forgot to mention ...

If David was worried about Hannah, the first thing he would do is try to phone her. The time he tried, and the lack of an answer would be highly significant.

Oh no, there were many news reports that said they did not leave together. In fact many were questioning why in so many photos, not a single one shows them next to each other. It was back in the earlier reports. I don't know how to link and can't remember where the source is. It was around the time the police were trying to say why they changed tactics. Ask another poster maybe.

I forgot to mention ...

Oh no, there were many news reports that said they did not leave together. In fact many were questioning why in so many photos, not a single one shows them next to each other. It was back in the earlier reports. I don't know how to link and can't remember where the source is. It was around the time the police were trying to say why they changed tactics. Ask another poster maybe.

Watch the video at the top of http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-friend-victim-4272879 and let me know what you think of the discussion of the CCTV footage (claims last time they were seen alive was leaving AC Bar together caught on CCTV). Note that it might be highly significant if this turned out to be a false report. Was it misdirection by the RTP?

The timeline is confusing, however. There are reports that David left to find Hannah. These reports tend to go on to say that this was before they were seen and left AC Bar together.

Edited by BritTim

there´s a term in computer sciences that applies here: GIGO.

GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) applies hand-in-glove with what the Brit experts conveyed to the families of the victims. Brits were explicitly told they were 'observers only' and they were not given some key DNA evidence ("they know we're doing a great job, so they don't need to see DNA").

One of the key moments in the case, from my view, was when the replacement head man came on the scene. The first utterance from Thai officialdom at that juncture was, "We're going to look for Burmese." That, among a series of other screw-ups should make it clear to anyone (other than the Gang of 4) that SCAPEGOAT is written all over this sham of a faux investigation.

Who will be the next victims of the murderers/rapists who still roam free on Ko Tao? The island where some well-connected men know they're untouchable by the armless law.

It is known that some other murderers have gone on to kill again. The question is. If saw and Wei are found innocent, would the police pursue another person.

Nicely put. I am also wondering if other issues would be pursued.

Why weren't all the Myanmar workers, who were tested for DNA, deported as well (after the test) for not being legal, without passports and without work permits?

Why weren't the Thais on Koh Tao also arrested for having illegal aliens working in Thailand?

Why aren't the local Thais in Koh Tao up in arms about illegal Myanmar workers doing jobs that a Thai could do? They sure do get riled about Russians, don't they?

Why aren't Thais on Koh Tao marching and demanding the death of these two boys, who have damaged their image so much; ...these bad bad people? Everyone is so quiet about it, when the evidence, according to the illustrious police and court system, is so convincing.

Why is Myanmar defending two illegal aliens (if in fact they are illegal) when diplomatic protocol would dictate the stupidity of this; i.e. defending two accused people who are illegally in a country in the first place?

I understand there is a murder trial going on here, but it is amazing to me how many other violations have been casually overlooked while the main focus is on sperm and condoms, etc. I guess all that other stuff is OK, right?

I had queried in another thread if there is any bearing on the admissibility of witness testimony when said witness is illegally in the country; and also if there is any bearing on the rights of the accused, when said accused is in a country illegally.

I personally feel that any amount of critical views directed at the accused, by the Thais, should also be directed towards those Thais who actively engage in bringing in illegals, and thus create such unsafe environments... that is... if indeed the accused are guilty.

Just some perspective here that has not been addressed, and moreover avoided.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

If Thailand really want to see real justice in this case, how difficult can it be to guarantee the security and safety of the witnesses??

Let them be escorted to the courthouse by Embassy staff and HRW staff, and after their testimony escorted back to the border by the same people.

Whatever small charges the witnesses my face in Thailand should be voided in the interest of justice in the all important murdercase.

Or is that too simple??

The life of any witness to a serious case is not worth a brass nickel in thailand, this is reality.

So here is my question to the Fab4: if -according to you and your favorites in the BIB- the case against the B2 is so totally clear and safe...why would ANYONE be fearing repercussions from anyone else?

Who do you belong to , the Fab5 that keep this thread warm with theories all the time ? I do not belong to anyone , I look at it from both sides of the coin.

If it's true that the Burmese workers on the island are already back in their home country, they do not have to fear anyone , and I am sure they will cooperate as witnesses if necessary . IF they have something to add to this case, most of them were probably asleep that night.

The defence team working for B2 can express anything they want , its their opinion .

What we need is facts, not speculations that you guys are involved in.

Who do you belong to , the Fab5 that keep this thread warm with theories all the time ? I do not belong to anyone , I look at it from both sides of the coin.

If it's true that the Burmese workers on the island are already back in their home country, they do not have to fear anyone , and I am sure they will cooperate as witnesses if necessary . IF they have something to add to this case, most of them were probably asleep that night.

The defence team working for B2 can express anything they want , its their opinion .

What we need is facts, not speculations that you guys are involved in.

a ) I asked a simple question- if you want to answer it: go ahead!

b ) Mentioning the Fab4, but not mentioning any names...and you spring into action! Wear the shoe if it fits!

c ) I belong to the people, who see major flaws in the investigation and to those, who do not believe the RTP- narrative...for some good reasons!

But: yes- I would see this subject stay alive, for as long as the people who I believe are innocent are alive ...and beyond that, if necessary.

• Like 1

there´s a term in computer sciences that applies here: GIGO.

GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) applies hand-in-glove with what the Brit experts conveyed to the families of the victims. Brits were explicitly told they were 'observers only' and they were not given some key DNA evidence ("they know we're doing a great job, so they don't need to see DNA").

One of the key moments in the case, from my view, was when the replacement head man came on the scene. The first utterance from Thai officialdom at that juncture was, "We're going to look for Burmese." That, among a series of other screw-ups should make it clear to anyone (other than the Gang of 4) that SCAPEGOAT is written all over this sham of a faux investigation.

Who will be the next victims of the murderers/rapists who still roam free on Ko Tao? The island where some well-connected men know they're untouchable by the armless law.

It is known that some other murderers have gone on to kill again. The question is. If saw and Wei are found innocent, would the police pursue another person.

Nicely put. I am also wondering if other issues would be pursued.

Why weren't all the Myanmar workers, who were tested for DNA, deported as well (after the test) for not being legal, without passports and without work permits?

Why weren't the Thais on Koh Tao also arrested for having illegal aliens working in Thailand?

Why aren't the local Thais in Koh Tao up in arms about illegal Myanmar workers doing jobs that a Thai could do? They sure do get riled about Russians, don't they?

Why aren't Thais on Koh Tao marching and demanding the death of these two boys, who have damaged their image so much; ...these bad bad people? Everyone is so quiet about it, when the evidence, according to the illustrious police and court system, is so convincing.

Why is Myanmar defending two illegal aliens (if in fact they are illegal) when diplomatic protocol would dictate the stupidity of this; i.e. defending two accused people who are illegally in a country in the first place?

I understand there is a murder trial going on here, but it is amazing to me how many other violations have been casually overlooked while the main focus is on sperm and condoms, etc. I guess all that other stuff is OK, right?

I had queried in another thread if there is any bearing on the admissibility of witness testimony when said witness is illegally in the country; and also if there is any bearing on the rights of the accused, when said accused is in a country illegally.

I personally feel that any amount of critical views directed at the accused, by the Thais, should also be directed towards those Thais who actively engage in bringing in illegals, and thus create such unsafe environments... that is... if indeed the accused are guilty.

Just some perspective here that has not been addressed, and moreover avoided.

I thought this was worth a read.

It is true. The people on this island are too quiet. When you have lived here long enough, you know the Thai can be quite vocal and angry about about this type of crime. Nothing. Not a word.

I thought this was worth a read. It is true. The people on this island are too quiet. When you have lived here long enough, you know the Thai can be quite vocal and angry about about this type of crime. Nothing. Not a word.

You're right, having a large group of locals witness a recreation, and seeing the prime suspects paraded around for the 1st time, would have ordinarily elicited strong responses in Thailand. It was like a gang of cats watching a little rubber ball roll by, and none of them running after it. Ordinarily, a crowd in that scenario would be calling out names and throwing things. That's why the 2 boys had helmets and bulletproof vests. Nothing happened.

The crowd's silence spoke volumes about them knowing the 2 are scapegoats. Too bad members of the crowd are too afraid to publicly speak their minds. The revelations would be interesting, at the least. But they're Thai, and they know that: to speak what they know, in this case, could spell loss of income, house and life, ...for them and possibly also for their families. Merry Christmas.

Like the mafia don says to the shopkeeper who was late paying his bribe money, "I know where your daughter goes to school, what time the final bell rings, and I know the path she takes when walking home."

• Like 1

... or as the mafia don said in the movie version of John Grisham's The Client to his nephew who screwed up in disposing of a body after a murder:

Mafia Don: The way this has been handled has been very stupid. I won't let you take this family down, understand?

I thought this was worth a read. It is true. The people on this island are too quiet. When you have lived here long enough, you know the Thai can be quite vocal and angry about about this type of crime. Nothing. Not a word.

You're right, having a large group of locals witness a recreation, and seeing the prime suspects paraded around for the 1st time, would have ordinarily elicited strong responses in Thailand. It was like a gang of cats watching a little rubber ball roll by, and none of them running after it. Ordinarily, a crowd in that scenario would be calling out names and throwing things. That's why the 2 boys had helmets and bulletproof vests. Nothing happened.

The crowd's silence spoke volumes about them knowing the 2 are scapegoats. Too bad members of the crowd are too afraid to publicly speak their minds. The revelations would be interesting, at the least. But they're Thai, and they know that: to speak what they know, in this case, could spell loss of income, house and life, ...for them and possibly also for their families. Merry Christmas.

Like the mafia don says to the shopkeeper who was late paying his bribe money, "I know where your daughter goes to school, what time the final bell rings, and I know the path she takes when walking home."

Yes, and with all the newspaper coverage. There are normally a few people that express their feelings about the case.

Not this time. it seems the papers can't get anyone to interview down on that island.

No loose lips down there.