Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in reversal of plans

webfact

... Which is why you continue to post about them.

Because they are a joke and they are excellent entertainment value. Lol, why do you think a spoof movie like the Interview got made? Because they are a joke. Would he get any media attention if he didn't call Obama a monkey or threaten to blow up the world every few months with his 1960s style scud missiles? Nope.

Gotta love the guy for at least giving us a good laugh. Totally irrelevant otherwise.

• Like 1

I get it, I get why many suspect this is some kind of clever commerical Problem=Reaction=Solution situation.

Maybe it is, but then again many things 'look' like they could be so too but the claim is never backed up.

I can only say that I won't be one of the ones rushing to see the movie just because of the 'claim' that NK wanted it smothered.

I get it, I get why many suspect this is some kind of clever commerical Problem=Reaction=Solution situation.

Maybe it is, but then again many things 'look' like they could be so too but the claim is never backed up.

I can only say that I won't be one of the ones rushing to see the movie just because of the 'claim' that NK wanted it smothered.

So Sony did it to create demand? Seems like they would have stopped short of releasing personal and embarassing emails from Sony executives.

Wasn't Sony. Perhaps you and others are correct in that North Korea doesn't have the collective brain power to pull it off.

My brother, however, works in a branch with FBI and NSA that monitors and tracks drug money, drugs, guns, bombs and etc. trying to be sent on Fed Ex, UPS and etc. From what little I know, they could easily figure out where the breach originated.

Another friend of mine recruited from Russia works in bank security. Holly cow this dude makes serious jack. His entire existence is keeping hackers out of several of the largest US banks. He said it is constant, relentless and from China and Russia so nothing can be done to stop the hackers legally. He and his team just sit there 24 hours door closing one door after another. He knows where the hackers are so silly to think FBI would not have same ability to determine where Sony hack originated.

Those NK officials are really rude. Hideous lantern jaw! cheesy.gif

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/north-korea-slams-us-over-internet-shutdown-calls-obama-a-monkey/2014/12/27/e062ae78-8ddb-11e4-ace9-47de1af4c3eb_story.html

“Obama always goes reckless in words and deeds like a monkey in a tropical forest,” an unnamed spokesman for the commission said in a statement carried by the official KCNA news agency.

It wasn’t the first time North Korea has used racist language to refer to Obama or indeed used crude insults against other top U.S. and South Korean officials. In May, its official news agency called Obama a “crossbreed” and “a wicked black monkey,” while referring to South Korean President Park Geun-hye as “an old prostitute.”

In August, it called Secretary of State John F. Kerry a wolf with a “hideous lantern jaw.”

Sticks and stones won't break the bones. The purpose of the NK regime is to preserve the NK regime.

All indications are that it SUCKS as a film, but I'm glad that they released it anyway.

The Blues Brothers was considered a bad movie and a flop at the cinemas but went onto become an absolute classic and a huge hit on video and re released in the cinemas making a fortune.

Truly - This movie SUCKS! So do "Annie" and "Fury," the other two films "hacked" by those nefarious wrong-doers. I honestly believe Sony schemed the whole thing so they could write off three DOGS as a tax loss.

Having downloaded and watched it last night, yes the movie sucks, but has a few laugh-out-loud moments. It's a spoof obviously, but they Kim Jong-Un character is pretty funny and pathetic. It's sort of spoofy and silly in the Blazing Saddles type of way (without the wit).

I think the movie does not suck as much as some people are saying, but yet again, officially I have not watched the movie.

So ... never mind!

How does that work? Did you unofficially watch it? As I said, it has some pretty funny moments. If you like Mel Brooks type comedies, you will like this.

I think the movie does not suck as much as some people are saying, but yet again, officially I have not watched the movie.

So ... never mind!

How does that work? Did you unofficially watch it? As I said, it has some pretty funny moments. If you like Mel Brooks type comedies, you will like this.

Plausible deniability.

I've gone all political lately.

Can't be helped.

• Like 1

I saw a review of it on "Just Seen It". The recommendation was to stream it. According to them, it had it's moments and I got the impression that although it wasn't particularly good, it was watchable.

• Like 1

Normally when a new movie is released, it will take a few months before it shows up

on torrent sites. Sometimes the exceptions can be a screener version that is stolen.

However this movie came out instantly on the torrent sites, meaning Sony put it there

to get the last laugh on the fat little dictator..

You could be right, but it's been in the news and I am sure there are plenty of heavy hitters that needed/wanted to see what all the fuss is about. I wouldn't doubt if the CIA/NSA or some other three-letter group asked for a copy. So, it might not have been Sony who put it there. Difficult to know for sure.

The Korean-American actor who played Kim has been pretty hot in the press recently. They asked him if he was scared or anything, and he just said cooly "nah, I just watched all those clips of Dennis Rodman and him and used that as my method." laugh.png He said he thought Kim would actually be entertained by the film and thought he was a cool guy.

So ... never mind!

Nope. It really does suck. About 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back.

Hopefully, the Bangkok Symphony playing tonight in Lumpini Park will even it up a little. (Shameless Plug...)

Edited by impulse