First Phuket casualty in Seven Days of Danger

webfact

First Phuket casualty in Seven Days of Danger
Eakkapop Thongtub

1419580512_1-org.jpg
The wreckage of Anucha's motorbike.

PHUKET: -- A man from Petchabun died just after midnight yesterday (December 25) when he crashed his motorbike into the central reservation of Thepkrasattree Rd in Sri Soonthon, becoming the first casualty in the Seven Days of Danger.

Anucha Promraksa, 25, died from a broken neck. His 15-year-old passenger, Surawut Chomsri from Sakon Nakorn, was taken to hospital semi-conscious, and suffering from scrapes and bruises.

Yesterday was the first of the Seven Days, the last being January 3. The authorities had hoped to record no deaths during the period, spanning the New Year, when alcohol plays a heightened role in traffic accidents. Anucha's death, just 15 minutes into the period, will come as a big disappointment.

A worker from the HomePro Thalang branch, who witnessed the accident, said he saw Anucha’s Honda Scoopy i bike hit the central reservation at high speed.

“The passenger bounced off and slid along the road while the motorbike flipped in the air several times before the driver fell off and landed head-first,” he said.

Anucha’s body was sent to the Thalang hospital morgue for his blood to be checked to see whether alcohol might have played a role in the crash.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/first-phuket-casualty-in-seven-days-of-danger-50323.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-26

• Like 1

2 young people die in a bad way leaving grieving families and the best anybody can come up with is to criticize the maths on 7 days? Shame on you all. RIP lads.

Dear Alwyn, where do you live? I guess not in Thailand. If do, take a beer and relax a bit.

And ..... only one guy is died, fortunately.

Edited by Loles
  • Like 1

2 young people die in a bad way leaving grieving families and the best anybody can come up with is to criticize the maths on 7 days? Shame on you all. RIP lads.

Dear Alwyn, where do you live? I guess not in Thailand. If do, take a beer and relax a bit.

14 years in Thailand. Only one guy dies, yup. So let's get back to berating the naughty article because they didn't add the 7 days of danger correctly while a 25 year old lad lies dead in the morgue. To be honest, I don't expect any difference from you or the good members of TV, so you're right, I don't know why I get wound up by a bunch of old farts with no thought for anybody except themselves and their ability to show no compassion when they can show how smart they are by mentioning that Dec 25th to Jan 3rd is more than 7 days. (and mentioning it was ONLY one person died and not two) Well done everybody!! If the lads had been tourists there might have been one RIP among the "another quality tourist" comments I guess

• Like 1

14 years in Thailand. Only one guy dies, yup. So let's get back to berating the naughty article because they didn't add the 7 days of danger correctly while a 25 year old lad lies dead in the morgue. To be honest, I don't expect any difference from you or the good members of TV, so you're right, I don't know why I get wound up by a bunch of old farts with no thought for anybody except themselves and their ability to show no compassion when they can show how smart they are by mentioning that Dec 25th to Jan 3rd is more than 7 days. (and mentioning it was ONLY one person died and not two) Well done everybody!! If the lads had been tourists there might have been one RIP among the "another quality tourist" comments I guess

RIP Khun Anucha.

Alwyn, you might be better off directing your anger at the Thai Police who do not enforce traffic laws.

TV Members read about this every day. To blame them for being insensitive is b*llshit.

Thai people are the ones that let this go on day after day after day.

You have been here for 14 years and no comment about the real problems?

Shame on you.

• Like 2

RIP Khun Anucha.

Alwyn, you might be better off directing your anger at the Thai Police who do not enforce traffic laws.

TV Members read about this every day. To blame them for being insensitive is b*llshit.

Thai people are the ones that let this go on day after day after day.

You have been here for 14 years and no comment about the real problems?

Shame on you.

If you read any of my posts you'll see I have plenty to say about the real problems in Thailand. I guess the thing is that as you say, TV members read about this every day and as such are immune to this and like you, are just insensitive to death (of Thais at least). I give full volume in my opinions of the Thai police and their ineptitude, lack of training and corruption. Unlike you I still have a sensitivity and compassion for lives that get taken prematurely. Shame on me for this? <deleted> you. If I start to become immune to these feelings, then like you, there'd be no difference between me and animals. Blame who you want, it's still sad to lose young lives (not in your opinion obviously).

• Like 1

Who do you think is responsible for this accident if not themselves, luckily they didn't kill any innocent bystanders, one irresponsible Thai road user less as far as i'm concerned

• Like 1

Authorities had hoped to record no deaths?

Authorities on the North pole?

Surely not here in Thailand!

Or ... are they really that far behind reality?

Not a single, realistic person in the whole wide world can expect a single day in Thailand without any fatal traffic casualties.

And here we are talking about 1 week!

How stupid can the authorities be???

Buffaloes are smarter!!!

Authorities had hoped to record no deaths?

Authorities on the North pole?

Surely not here in Thailand!

Or ... are they really that far behind reality?

Not a single, realistic person in the whole wide world can expect a single day in Thailand without any fatal traffic casualties.

And here we are talking about 1 week!

How stupid can the authorities be???

Buffaloes are smarter!!!

You do realise this were the phuket authorities hoping got no fatalities, not for the whole of Thailand?