Rough price for getting a car resprayed in Thailand?

ryanhull

DO you know anything about Thailand? or work process?whistling.gif

Unless of course you walk around with idiotic smile on your face waing 7-11 staff, then you might get quoted 3 times the price.

For all other normally functioning people, stock price is 2000 baht per panel

"DO you know anything about Thailand? or work process?"

Yes, I do.

"For all other normally functioning people, stock price is 2000 baht per panel"

No, it's not. There is no such thing. And don't be so hard on yourself, you probably function near enough normal most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

2000 Baht a panel. LOL.

When I resprayed my car, I asked several shops. I asked local Thai guys, friends of mine, within the motor community. The prices ranged from 70-80K for a proper job to around 120K. I have a friend that went for the cheapest shop. Paid about 50K. They didnt't do good enough work on the base, so his paint cracked under less than one year.

For my car, they used two months to take it all apart, sand down and re-spray. Then put it all together again. The color is mixed in a computer, so its exactly the same as a stock color on my model car. Comes with a three year full warranty for both color, job and assembly. I paid 100K.

• Like 1

It depends on the quality you want and also on the size of the car. 30/40,000 baht would get you a repaint that would look ok if you weren't too picky and weren't too concerned about how long it would last. At the other extreme 400/500,000+ baht would get you a concours standard finish that would be undetectable no matter where you looked for evidence.

Please stop posting utter rubbish.

Standard price by dealer garage is 2000 baht per panel.

Agree 500,000+ baht for a paint job in Thailand? No effin way.

• Like 1

It depends on the quality you want and also on the size of the car. 30/40,000 baht would get you a repaint that would look ok if you weren't too picky and weren't too concerned about how long it would last. At the other extreme 400/500,000+ baht would get you a concours standard finish that would be undetectable no matter where you looked for evidence.

A hand job

That's a different story lol

I said in my post, "...400/500,000+ baht would get you a concours standard finish...". Do you know what that means?

Send me an effin PM and I'll effin put you in touch with a concours restorer who I know personally who does work for very particular and very wealthy Thai customers.

I said in my post, "...400/500,000+ baht would get you a concours standard finish...". Do you know what that means?

Send me an effin PM and I'll effin put you in touch with a concours restorer who I know personally who does work for very particular and very wealthy Thai customers.

Sure Ill get right on your request....

If a business is charging "very wealthy Thai customers" that much money for a paint job, TIT. Normal people who work for their money, arent that stupid to fall for the scam. Effin ridiclous....and if you know these people....

• Like 2

There is a lot of work involved in a quality paint job. The best are artists, not spray gun wavers.

Preparation is the key. And takes a lot of time to do right.

Quality paint is expensive.

Color sanding very labor intensive. And you need to know what you are doing especially near edges / corners.

Don't want to pay - fine. But $15k is the going rate in N America for high quality.

Want crap - pay s--t.

Settle for less - expect less.

• Like 1

If a business is charging "very wealthy Thai customers" that much money for a paint job, TIT. Normal people who work for their money, arent that stupid to fall for the scam. Effin ridiclous....and if you know these people....

That wasn't a request, I'm just prepared to put my money where my mouth is. Obviously I don't really want to exchange private messages with you.

It's no scam, the only effin ridiculous things are your comments. And if I know these people?...what? Come on, spit it out.

That wasn't a request, I'm just prepared to put my money where my mouth is. Obviously I don't really want to exchange private messages with you.

It's no scam, the only effin ridiculous things are your comments. And if I know these people?...what? Come on, spit it out.

Tell ya what smart guy....$15000 US in the states would get you a complete rebuild bottom to top of a wrecked car. $15000 US in Thailand for a <deleted> shit ass paint job with substandard materials? You want to do it go ahead. And anybody who would pay that kind of money on a paint job in Thailand, like the story goes....a fool and his money is soon parted. Or something like that.

<deleted> scam artists are all over thailand in every corner of society just looking for people to rob. And you guys think that Ying is responsible for all this craziness? Yall are seriously full of hot crap.

• Like 1

There is a lot of work involved in a quality paint job. The best are artists, not spray gun wavers.

Preparation is the key. And takes a lot of time to do right.

Quality paint is expensive.

Color sanding very labor intensive. And you need to know what you are doing especially near edges / corners.

Don't want to pay - fine. But $15k is the going rate in N America for high quality.

Want crap - pay s--t.

Settle for less - expect less.

Can't agree with this, that number is a broad statement for the US, Ca maybe, not the entire US and not a single color job either maybe with a full color change and custom paint down to bare metal but not a mere quality respray, that can be done much cheaper and very high quality for between 3 and $5000.

Tell ya what smart guy....$15000 US in the states would get you a complete rebuild bottom to top of a wrecked car. $15000 US in Thailand for a <deleted> shit ass paint job with substandard materials? You want to do it go ahead. And anybody who would pay that kind of money on a paint job in Thailand, like the story goes....a fool and his money is soon parted. Or something like that.

<deleted> scam artists are all over thailand in every corner of society just looking for people to rob. And you guys think that Ying is responsible for all this craziness? Yall are seriously full of hot crap

I wouldn't like to ride in your idea of a completely rebuilt US wreck completely for 15k.

As a final comment to you (and your buddy) I do actually know what I am talking about and I've offered to prove it and to show how the price can be justified without scamming anyone. You just haven't got the balls to take me up on it.

As for your last sentence there's only you and me discussing this particular aspect now (if you don't include your mate hiding behind the "like" button) and only one of us is full of anything and it ain't me...y'all.

Y'all know where to find me if you want to continue this but it's not here.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Guess you never watch any of the recent classic refurbish shows then, they do it all day long for even less and then turn them to get top dollar at high end auctions. There is also a British based show called Wheel Dealers that does it all day long too.. It's good to be living in reality and not some reality removed, fantasy time line like some here do...

No one is hiding behind any buttons either, just like this post there are several posts from me right in front of your face, just because you chose to ignore and post around them doesn't mean they're not there. Unlike some I'm not reluctant to man up and give my informed perspective or take the side of someone I know to be posting correct info over someone who is just trolling like yourself...

FYI you're pretty hung up yourself and aggressive towards others always wanting to "prove" yourself or stalk through Pm's, well instead why don't you just get over yourself eh, isn't that the Christian thing to do?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Can't agree with this, that number is a broad statement for the US, Ca maybe, not the entire US and not a single color job either maybe with a full color change and custom paint down to bare metal but not a mere quality respray, that can be done much cheaper and very high quality for between 3 and $5000.

Means all bumpers / trim off. Fenders / doors off. To bare metal, bodywork, lead.

Paint, 2 coats, color sand, minimum 4 coats clear hand rubbed.

That for me defines high quality. If done in black - the hardest color to make right - no imperfections visible. Reflects light perfectly.

Not cheap.

I agree 3 to $5000 is not cheap, I feel I could get a first rate paint job as you described for that number. I just got my VW estimated the other day for $325 so there is a lot of distance between that and 3- $5000 for all the extra work, It's important to remember that a car that is already mostly torn down like a lot of classics would be is a lot less work then taking a newer car down to the chassis.

• 3 years later...
On 12/31/2014 at 8:52 AM, williet98248 said:

Interesting topic. My 84 Honda Accord had some rust and a few small dents. Was quoted 70k for the job and I assumed they didn't really want to do the job because of the high price. I bought a body repair and paint book, some body tools, a sprayer and did it myself in my driveway. Cost me about 20K but a lot of time and hard work. Turned out fine. However I will never do it again. My VW Vento had the body putty cracking off the boot lid and a good body shop took the full cm of body putty off (I measured it before and after) and repainted for 5K which I thought was reasonable and a good job. I think you need to be careful when picking your body shop. My 93 Honda has been totally completely skim coated with body putty and painted. They just skimmed over the rust and in some places the BP is 2 cm thick! Probably added 25 kgs to the weight of the car! I expect that someday I will hit a particularly deep pothole and the shock will totally denude the car of body putty and paint!.

Do u still have the equipment to spray cars? Fancy spraying my old Civic for an agreed price? ?

Thx...

• 4 months later...