Thai Army: 'Don't fear night troop movements'

webfact

'Don't fear night troop movements'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Army yesterday warned the public not to panic over the movement of military equipment and vehicles on Thursday, as it would be done in preparation for Children's Day.

Colonel Sirichan Nga-thong said the Army would move equipment and vehicles from military bases in Bangkok, Ratchaburi, Prachin Buri, Sara Buri and Lop Buri provinces to the King's Guard 2nd Cavalry Division in Bangkok to prepare an exhibition for Children's Day.

Helicopters from Lop Buri would arrive at the cavalry division around noon on Thursday and other item such as tanks, cannons, Humvees, rescue vehicles and water trucks would be moved at night through suburban and city streets such as Petchkasem, Rajavithi, Vibhavadi Rangsit and Phaholyothin. They would move back to the military bases on Saturday along the same routes.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Dont-fear-night-troop-movements-30251270.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-06

I will never understand why there is so much military located in the city, it is literally the last place you need it and the worst place to have it.... but hey.. i'm sure they know what they are doing.

It is no wonder they boys come out to rule, there is just no barrier of distance between them and Bangkok, military divisions at hand.. ... not healthy,

Edited by jcisco
  • Like 1

This is something that has been done every year. Even last year this time they told the protesters not to fear this accumulation of armor in the city. Why should this year be any different?

Ahhh, last year they told not to fear coffee1.gif .

This year they WARNED not to fear w00t.gif

So what if you worried? Will you be shot? huh.png

• Like 2

Kids love to play on tanks and military vehicles on children day, I think i's a good thing.

Children also love to touch dogs and cats no matter how rabies-infested they are.

Children also love to swallow those colorful betablocker pills

children also love to run across the street to embrace Mum on the other side without looking

Get my logic?

Edited by ocejanic
  • Like 1

This is something that has been done every year. Even last year this time they told the protesters not to fear this accumulation of armor in the city. Why should this year be any different?

They are here for the children.

They are NOT here to arrest you.

• Like 1

Kids love to play on tanks and military vehicles on children day, I think i's a good thing.

Children also love to touch dogs and cats no matter how rabies-infested they are.

Children also love to swallow those colorful betablocker pills

children also love to run across the street to embrace Mum on the other side without looking

Get my logic?

errm they will try to scratch and swallow a tank, and then run to mum? Oh I geeeet it sad.png

• Like 2

What a joke, moving all that stuff for Children's day. Do they have no idea what the military actually is; is it something to amuse children. Seriously, you have to worry about people's sanity and logic sometimes.

you dont have childrens , I guess !!

• Like 1

They are here for the children.

They are NOT here to arrest you.

Ohh I fully agree with you,

armies are not trained to arrest you,

armies are trained to kill you tongue.png

• Like 1

Really? In my home country they take the kids out every year for a ride on firetrucks, you know, the ones used for quenching the death dealing results of your preferred children's day treat. bah.gif

What a joke, moving all that stuff for Children's day. Do they have no idea what the military actually is; is it something to amuse children. Seriously, you have to worry about people's sanity and logic sometimes.

you dont have childrens , I guess !!

I guess you do not have kids? Well, at least not under 18.

My kids prefer to go to Dream World, Siam Park, Mc Donalds

and top of the list, Disneyland

but sure not visit museums, sitting on weaponry or watching

ping-pong shows.

• Like 1