Phuket gun teens under investigation after Facebook posts

webfact

Phuket gun teens under investigation after Facebook posts
The Phuket News

1421055063_1-org.jpg
Three pictures of Phuket teens posing with guns, from their Facebook pages.

PHUKET: -- Police in Phuket are keeping an eye on teenagers who have been posting pictures of themselves on Facebook, describing themselves as gang members and in some cases posing with guns.

One is the Facebook page of “Sapson Phet Indie” (Sapson is Thai for “Confuse”), which links with friends who all style themselves “Sapson”, suggesting they see themselves as members of a gang.

Many of them have elaborate tattooes, and guns and motorbikes seem to feature large among their interests. Another interest appears to be 4x100, the coctail made from cough mixture and banned krathom leaves, and favoured by teenagers are a starter narcotic.

Another page seen by The Phuket News is that of Pongsathorn Boonnak, who has posted a variety of pictures of himself posing with pistols.

It is impossible in either case to tell from the pictures whether the guns are real or replicas.

However, Provincial Police Commander Pol Maj Gen Patchara Boonyasit told The Phuket News today (January 12) that police monitor Facebook and other social media for crime tips.

“We identify some suspects from social media when they post about taking or dealing in drugs, or about guns. There is nothing illegal in them making or sharing such posts, but they provide us with trails of evidence to follow.

“Most of the people we catch because of posts on Facebook are people with illegal guns.”

The island’s police force even has its own social network experts. One who spoke with The Phuket News on condition of anonymity was cautious about revealing too much information but said she already knew about the two cases above, and about others.

“Phuket City police investigators already have information about them,” she said.

Phuket has suffered from frequent episodes of teen-on-teen gang violence, often involving deadly gunfights in high-speed motorbike chases.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gun-teens-under-investigation-after-facebook-posts-50511.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-12

Doubt they're real pistols. Probably airsoft ones. clap2.gif

They are all real pistols, when you are look down the barrel of one.

True, and I think they should be illegal for kids everywhere. They could get the kids killed by law enforcement or another adult who believed he was in real danger.

BTW, the guys in the photo look nasty. I wouldn't want anything to do with them regardless of their race or country.

Instead of giving interviews, why don't the police get of their lazy backsides and bring them in for questioning before someone gets hurt??

Keep bashing, don't bother reading...

"We identify some suspects from social media when they post about taking or dealing in drugs, or about guns. There is nothing illegal in them making or sharing such posts, but they provide us with trails of evidence to follow.

“Most of the people we catch because of posts on Facebook are people with illegal guns.”"

• Like 1

Real guns?????

No Man, they are chocolate guns.

If you have any road rage with these specially nice guys you may see the answer to your question. You may see, but not so long time ....

Can it be that they are indeed replicas?

Again, i am happy to say, I know nothing about guns.,...... its a question not a statement!

Real guns?????

If you have any road rage with these specially nice guys you may see the answer to your question. You may see, but not so long time ....

Again, i am happy to say, I know nothing about guns.,...... its a question not a statement!

very naive...... where do you think come all the bullets from, found in the bodies of dead teenage gang members after their frequent gangfights ?

Real guns?????

very naive...... where do you think come all the bullets from, found in the bodies of dead teenage gang members after their frequent gangfights ?

naive how? can you identify these are real guns? if so how....?