Fake Watch Seller arrested by Pattaya Police following stabbing of Russian

webfact

Fake Watcher Seller arrested by Pattaya Police following stabbing of Russian

stab-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Monday Night, the fake watcher seller, wanted in connection with the stabbing of a Russian Man outside of a Starbucks Coffee Shop located next to Pattaya Police Station, gave himself up to Pattaya Police and was arrested.

Police Colonel Supatee, the Pattaya Police Chief, confirmed the arrest of Khun Payu aged 33, a former National Junior Muay Thai Champion, who was forced to retire from the sport due to injury.

For many years he has been selling fake branded watches in Pattaya and the version of events leading up to the stabbing given to Police was different to the earlier account given by the victim.

Khun Payu claims he approached the man and offered a watch to him for 850 Baht. The suspect claims that the victim, Mr. Ivan Cherkashin aged 32, used foul and abusive language towards him and the vendor responded by saying “Russian No Good Man”. At this point the encounter allegedly became physical, during which time the suspect claims the victim threw a chair at him. Khun Payu admits to stabbing the victim but claims it was in self-defense as he thought his life was in danger.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/164767/fake-watcher-seller-arrested-by-pattaya-police-following-stabbing-of-russian/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-13

I believe him. From my experience of politely declining or ignoring hundreds of requests to buy a watch and not being stabbed, I find it at least as plausible as the Ruskies story.

Having a knife handy, despite being capable in the fighting arena, is also plausible.

• Like 2

No remorse in his face or body language.

Why do he do a boxer stance? He uses knife nowadays.

A known history of violence, another one of Pattaya's finest.

This city can really draw the finest people both from overseas and locally like a fly on a turd.

Saw this jerk giving his version of events on TV news. No way he would pass a polygraph test.

• Like 2

This is exactly where the judicial system needs to draw the line between a street skirmish and assault with a deadly weapon ... and punish accordingly.

When the judicial system wants to be taken seriously the message will get out quickly to the Thai people who do not fear token punishment.

• Like 2

Why is he not pointing?

How can we tell he is the guilty party if he isn't pointing?

Now I am confused, is the guy in front the policeman meating out justice or the culprit.

Come on people get it right!

Edited by Manbing
  • Like 2

Say what? Fake Watches sold in Thailand... I don't believe it. I remember Lady Gaga getting criticized for saying she was looking forward to buying a fake Rolex on her visit. The authorities wanted her to take back her words and swore this kind of practice does not exist. I'll say it... lies, all lies...fake is the name of game. One major department store in BKK repacks goods from China (they're labeled) in brand name boxes right out on the floor, during work hours. Yet the store is packed every day with Arab tourist buying the goods as real. Oh my...we live in magical times.

Please retract your statement. This doesn't happen in Thailand

• Like 2

He stands a very good chance of the case going nowhere on the basis of self defence, and he could easily be telling the truth.

I have dealt with many fake watch sellers over the years, and none of them has ever stabbed me... so something out of the ordinary must have happened.

I would imagine he got his lawyer to find out what the like outcome would be before handing himself in. That way he takes away most of the risk of handing himself in, but gets the same credit for doing so in court if it ever gets to court.

To anyone who questions why it took him so long to hand himself in, would you hand yourself in to the Thai police if you were potentially accused of murder.. I'm bloody sure I wouldn't without at least a great deal of preparation.

• Like 2

so... an ex muay thai champion needed a knife to protect himself against a russian...? in thailand... surrounded by thai...?

Yes of course if he is alone. No need knife at all if there are 6-8 buddies as usually ...

• Like 2

This adidas and nike T-shirts are fake too?

Police also noted that the suspect has a criminal history of violence which was noted in the case files, which will now be handed over to the Pattaya Courts.

He approached the Russian.
That his life was in danger is bull shit.
Lock this stabber away!

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

I didn't realize you were an expert on Thai law.

You should read be police orders relating to disproportionate force. That's why if someone brings a knife out on me I can't shoot them with a gun.

This is exactly where the judicial system needs to draw the line between a street skirmish and assault with a deadly weapon ... and punish accordingly.

When the judicial system wants to be taken seriously the message will get out quickly to the Thai people who do not fear token punishment.

Just another day when a farang gets scammed, assaulted and or killed.... LOS "Land of Stupidity".... I am NOT Thai bashing, a lot of farang are a holes, but when will the violence stop in this strictly predominant Buddhist country!!!! SHAME Thailand and shame on the lame Authorities, you should hang your heads in disgrace, you are clearly failing!

• Like 1

I didn't realize you were an expert on Thai law.

You should read be police orders relating to disproportionate force. That's why if someone brings a knife out on me I can't shoot them with a gun.

... and you are?!