Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

Went there today. Zero designated parking, parked on soi 13 and walked down. You have to wait at the entrance to be seated, nobody there. When a girls shows up together with a manager the manger said they do not have staff enough to let anybody more in. The place was far from half full.

Interesting, but understandable. They are having problems finding women willing to work such hours and conditions for low wages, share(I assume) tips, etc.. Why would a lady work at Hooters when she can make a lot more money being someone's sugarbaby or even on a GoGo stage? Promises promises but show me the money! Even in Bangkok they are often seen on the street with brochures inviting passers by(female) to apply for positions. There is no middle ground for all this. Either you provide your man sexual favors and give up your pride and face, or you don't. Most Thai women don't. "All farang think Thai lady easy" is the saying.

• Like 1

Went there today. Zero designated parking, parked on soi 13 and walked down. You have to wait at the entrance to be seated, nobody there. When a girls shows up together with a manager the manger said they do not have staff enough to let anybody more in. The place was far from half full.

Interesting, but understandable. They are having problems finding women willing to work such hours and conditions for low wages, share(I assume) tips, etc.. Why would a lady work at Hooters when she can make a lot more money being someone's sugarbaby or even on a GoGo stage? Promises promises but show me the money! Even in Bangkok they are often seen on the street with brochures inviting passers by(female) to apply for positions. There is no middle ground for all this. Either you provide your man sexual favors and give up your pride and face, or you don't. Most Thai women don't. "All farang think Thai lady easy" is the saying.

I remember seeing the ads in the local papers around the middle of last year saying that the wages is around 30,000 baht, that's a lot more than the 12-15,000 normal places like KFCs or any other food service industry is paying.... is it enough for a decent hard working girls to suffer the indignity of wearing that uniform and being ogle at? who knows...

If they only manage to hire from the pools of bar girls for now... service ain't gonna be at the level of Starbucks or even McDonald's

Brilliant thread..

So many naysayers..

The potless: Who can't afford to go

The tightwads/cheap charlies: Who have the funds but can't bear to part with them

The veggies/treehuggers/ Who are disgusted by the meat based menu

The feminists/human rights warriors: Who are outraged by the scanty uniform and girls being objectified

The gay: Upset by the (lack of) size of the waitresses chests... Oh the irony.

laugh.pnglaugh.pngclap2.gifwhistling.gif

Hoping the thread might get some posters who are keen to try it out.. I for one welcome variety. Too bad they had to destroy some pretty good bars to build it though.

Speak for yourself man

Hooters in pattaya not for me.

Singapore was crap last year, girls were a bit past the sell buy date.

Houston was great a few years ago

Pattaya no thanks.

My choice, not the silly list you have come up with bah.gif

So what you are saying is you didn't go there. Technically.

But it does sound like the soft opening was all a bit rushed and the management haven't even worked out any zoning for the waitresses. I would imagine the kitchen would be a disaster too.

Correct, I gave up at the starting line. Will try again in a few days.

So what you are saying is you didn't go there. Technically.

But it does sound like the soft opening was all a bit rushed and the management haven't even worked out any zoning for the waitresses. I would imagine the kitchen would be a disaster too.

Correct, I gave up at the starting line. Will try again in a few days.

Its an old trick to get a line outside to give the appearance the place is popular and busy

I'm going to lay some honest Bait.

What on earth is Hooters meant to be ?? Some sort of Restaurant or what ?? Dancing Girls ??. I've not followed the thread and have never heard of the brand before

• Like 1

What on earth is Hooters meant to be ?? Some sort of Restaurant or what ?? Dancing Girls ??. I've not followed the thread and have never heard of the brand before

It is an American restaurant chain selling fried chicken, burgers and beer. Their trademark is that their serving staff are all females with nice boobs and a tight outfit.

http://www.hooterspattaya.com/

Edited by NightRider70
  • Like 2

Hooters - not wanted not needed in Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand - They are opening one on the site of the Golden Bar at the Nana Hotel - why? It was a a great busy bar. Hooters has awful food - mind numbing drum and bass music and tedious sports on giant screens. What's the point? Anodyne, commercial - vacuous. If people really want this McDonald's experience they should stay at home

It is an American restaurant chain selling fried chicken, burgers and beer. Their trademark is that their serving staff are all females with nice boobs and a tight outfit.

http://www.hooterspattaya.com/

And from the commercial you posted, they are all brainless as well, guess they will have no issues to find staff in Pattaya.

• Like 1

January 2, 2016 at 4 pm

Thanks for those photos. The guy in the red shirt must be the financial backer. He certainly doesn't look like a "Soi Bouikow" type.

The betting window is open....I'd say the palm trees won't live four months...four months. All the urine will kill them for sure. Unfair to the tree.

The problem will remain finding female staff and competent male staff to do the cooking. You can in fact screw up fried food and hamburgers if you aren't paying attention to details such as temperature and time.

As for the female staff, that has been explained...Any woman who would look good in a Hooters uniform and is willing to wear same in public, already has a sponsor or three and does't intend on waiting on losers paying 680 Baht for 20 chicken wings to gawk at her. She's a woman with pride, and if you want to gawk go to a GoGo bar and make sure you use a condom she'll tell her man.

• Like 1

Apparently in the Pattaya branch they have a couple of Russians girls working the bar, never heard of that before in Thailand

Can anyone confirm this ?

as its sounds a bit strange for Hooters wai2.gif

I've seen pictures taken of one of them on facebook , not sure if she is Russian or another nationality but she's white .

Edited by balo