Tottenham Thread

chonabot

6 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Ah.. is being a council tenent  a sensitive point..????

Reminds the poor lad of his time living on scraps and spam and wearing patches on his school trousers....character building mrboj nothing to be ashamed of!

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Ah.. is being a council tenent  a sensitive point..????

No, your just trying to copy the United fans. However, if you come out with a statement like that I like to understand your reasoning behind it. Especially as Spurs wanted to do the exact same thing

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It was a serious question seeing as Spurs fought and went to court to try and be the main (not even sole) tenants of the Olympic Stadium. They wanted to actually do what we are doing

I'm not convinced we ever made a serious bid for it...more of a political issue than anything else.

After all you don't go from sharing a half azzed stadium to spending 800m quid in the next heartbeat.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

No, your just trying to copy the United fans. However, if you come out with a statement like that I like to understand your reasoning behind it. Especially as Spurs wanted to do the exact same thing

If we could get a 60000 seater stadium on a peppercorn rent then yes I'd have jumped at it....but that was never on the cards and the spam stadium is awful for atmosphere.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not ashamed of anything Ronnie. My mum and dad had 3 kids at a very young age and never had a penny spare. Wouldn't change a thing about my growing up and makes me proud that I can afford to put my daughter in the pointy end

Totally agree mate...I grew up without the scraps even....just makes me appreciate my left turn all the more. ????

• Like 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

If we could get a 60000 seater stadium on a peppercorn rent then yes I'd have jumped at it....but that was never on the cards and the spam stadium is awful for atmosphere.

So you went to court and caused all that pallava for nothing.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Not for nothing....to have the Northumberland Project rolled through without a hiccup from the Mayor's office.

Politics.

Bottom line here is levy got muscled out the boardroom by Karen Brady and West ham done you again. That's it plain and simple without a shadow of a doubt and the truth is levy tried to get council backing and was told to do1. So the first port of call was always the council. Haringey I think it is.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bottom line here is levy got muscled out the boardroom by Karen Brady and West ham done you again. That's it plain and simple without a shadow of a doubt and the truth is levy tried to get council backing and was told to do1. So the first port of call was always the council. Haringey I think it is.

I think you'll find we're very happy with the current situation.

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Its in Newham.

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Nah. But Hapi to wait for OUR own home 2 b finished . We see it as a statement  and  a defo plus for long term stability .. either  way it far outweighs being a council tennant! .

When i have the misfortune to have to view BB's posts and his purple snipes and baiting, i lose all prior sympathy for the inconvenienced traveling City fans.  I hope they have a truly lousy journey compounded with the worst traffic jams in the UK motorway history.  

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Take a moment to mull over our new stadium.  Its magnificent.  Whatever the situation with the pikeys and the Olympic stadium we dodged a bullet and now have the most state of the art stadium in the country.  I'm sure you are delighted for us.

Edited by carmine

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Wanyama's picked up a hamstring injury!!!  Why did we let him fly out to play?  Should have kept him training at Hotspur Way.

Not to mention four of our first team basically played a full game and Kane and Dier played 90 mins in both.

Southgate is doing us no favours.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Not to mention four of our first team basically played a full game and Kane and Dier played 90 mins in both.

Blimey. You guys are rattling on about your injuries a lot. If we mention an injury, we get a right slating

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He knows quality when he sees it Ronnie. You've got a double edged sword with all that English talent you've accumulated.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Southgate is doing us zero favors.  About time we just <deleted> him off if he can't be a little more even handed. Biased i am but thats my opinion.

• Like 1