Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Had to laugh at this on one of the spurs forums :

Is no manager better than a bad one? - I thought that was already in place, looking at our run in last season, did i miss something?

Give me somethin' to chew on someone will ya....I hate this rabbit food...I admit it...I'm bored...

Well yesterday we got a glim's on what our old russian friend can do with a ball. What a player he could have been for us, if he was just not so lazy.

He's only out on loan by the way.His price is going up nicely!

On that subject and returning to this thread's purpose, I see the Mail reckons Alice (-band Modric) is on the point of signing for Man U, but the Sun reckons that Levy will not sell to an EPL team. I've never understood this widely practised restriction in the potential buyer population. If such an FC was a public company and I was a shareholder I think I'd consider suing the management for value-destruction.

Well yesterday we got a glim's on what our old russian friend can do with a ball. What a player he could have been for us, if he was just not so lazy.

He's only out on loan by the way.His price is going up nicely!

On that subject and returning to this thread's purpose, I see the Mail reckons Alice (-band Modric) is on the point of signing for Man U, but the Sun reckons that Levy will not sell to an EPL team. I've never understood this widely practised restriction in the potential buyer population. If such an FC was a public company and I was a shareholder I think I'd consider suing the management for value-destruction.

The general feeling around WHL is that we'll sell him for the right price which frankly we'd all be happy with. He's becoming a divisive character anyway and his goal count is diabolical. You would be better off reading the Independent's take on the matter rather than the Mail. No one seems to give that loathesome rag the inside on anything worthwhile.

The whole Modric issue, the redknapp situation and the search for a striker is creating a very crucual time for the club. delighted for Kranjcar that he has been able to make his move and with it some nice business by Levy again.

Redknapp is doing his upmost to up the anti but i suppose why shouldn't he look after his own interests.

Evidently, neither can Spurs.

And to make you work harder to have the last word, I know that possibly we cannot afford vanP too!

Santi, Modric signed a six year contract that ends in 2016. He'll go when Spurs are ready, when Levy says so, for the price levy wants and good riddance when the time comes. Hope that explains matters.

I have no interest in whether Arsenal can afford van Persie or not. smile.png

• Like 1

Ho ho - all the balls are in Levy's court. Can't let you get away with such brave bullshit Carmine. The fact that Modric played like a to$$er for half the season has no say in the matter and is unconnected with his desire to want away - yeah rightlaugh.png . Levy resisted Modric's demands last summer and we all thought he did well cos Modric was excellent for a while - but ultimately it potentially deferred your re-entry to the CL for at least one season.

Same thing with many players who want away, even though held under contract. Fabregas played like on sabitacal from Barca for much of 2010/11 and I fully expect vanP to take his foot off the gas if he gets held to contract. Ultimately you have to let them go for what the market will pay - as we no doubt will see with Modric and possibly vanP.

Maybe you are totally uninterested in Arsenal - I only use them as analogies to get accross that I'm not attacking you guys specifically - all it's just the way of the world of football, regrettably

Ho ho - all the balls are in Levy's court. Can't let you get away with such brave bullshit Carmine. The fact that Modric played like a to$$er for half the season has no say in the matter and is unconnected with his desire to want away - yeah rightlaugh.png . Levy resisted Modric's demands last summer and we all thought he did well cos Modric was excellent for a while - but ultimately it potentially deferred your re-entry to the CL for at least one season.

Same thing with many players who want away, even though held under contract. Fabregas played like on sabitacal from Barca for much of 2010/11 and I fully expect vanP to take his foot off the gas if he gets held to contract. Ultimately you have to let them go for what the market will pay - as we no doubt will see with Modric and possibly vanP.

Maybe you are totally uninterested in Arsenal - I only use them as analogies to get accross that I'm not attacking you guys specifically - all it's just the way of the world of football, regrettably

You always have to have the last word don't you!!

btw, Arsenal are a boil on the arse of north london. Off you go now, perhaps to the liverpool thread to discuss politics and the persecution of merseyside. Interestingly, they are currently at odds as to whether they all vote labour of none of them do! Fascinating stuff, mildly more interesting than an Arsene wenger press conference.

That must have been RVP getting in some practice for next season against the Danes....Modric night go...but not to an English xlub unless there is real silly money on the table.

And yes Santi...we will wave him goodbye with a smile...;)

Big up to levy with modric if he sticks by this no sale to prem lge clubs . Send out a positve statement to players and other that you cant dictate things,,,, well at least when the players 2 years into a 6 year deal. other 2.er times my money would,probaly, be on a player leaving If he really want. Noone else spot anything on king retiring? nice goal by pav HUh and any one see our demi brasser boy score 4 mexico the other nite. Twas a x no doubts!!!!

This is why you cannot take <deleted> face serious :

The Tottenham manager told The Sun: "The goalkeeper is as good as any and Ashley Cole's the best left-back. John Terry and Joleon Lescott? I can't see there being a better central defensive pair.

"There also won't be too many better right-backs than Glen Johnson around. I don't think you'll find a superior back five - and that gives Roy a great base to work from.

Edited by alfieconn

Modric to Paris is my expectation

according to this u could be right

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luka-modric-targeted-by-paris-saint-872958

and one i'de like to see at spurs http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/325934/Fellaini-opens-door-to-Chelsea-move-as-he-admits-I-want-to-play-at-European-level-

But defo needs a new stylist, maybe cool in liverpool, but will need to step up the style for london!!

http://www.mirror.co...is-saint-872958

and one i'de like to see at spurs http://www.express.c...European-level-

But defo needs a new stylist, maybe cool in liverpool, but will need to step up the style for london!!

I think he's a very good player but who would you drop to accomodate him? Re Modric, it does look more and more likely to be PSG. Lets keep our fingers crossed he carries on his Croatia form and we can milk whoever it is.

I think he's a very good player but who would you drop to accomodate him? Re Modric, it does look more and more likely to be PSG. Lets keep our fingers crossed he carries on his Croatia form and we can milk whoever it is.

I would have thought that he would be a fit for Utd but apparently they don't need any central midfield players 5.gif

• Like 1

I think he's a very good player but who would you drop to accomodate him?

So what are you saying Carmine? Do we not need to improve our midfield? In terms of goals our midfield hasn't performed couldnt he be the answer ?At the end of the season he played off the striker and was EXCELLENT, he can play attacking mid and he can play holding midfield and his height is double handy in defence, V V good al round player and the fact they want Stephens peanuts bac, personally i wouldnt let him go, but he could well be a good bargaining tool.

I think he's a very good player but who would you drop to accomodate him?

So what are you saying Carmine? Do we not need to improve our midfield? In terms of goals our midfield hasn't performed couldnt he be the answer ?At the end of the season he played off the striker and was EXCELLENT, he can play attacking mid and he can play holding midfield and his height is double handy in defence, V V good al round player and the fact they want Stephens peanuts bac, personally i wouldnt let him go, but he could well be a good bargaining tool.

Just answer the question Rij.

You at it again Rij,you say

In terms of goals our midfield hasn't performed couldnt he be the answer ?At the end of the season he played off the striker and was EXCELLENT, he can play attacking mid and he can play holding midfield

He scored a paltry 3 goals in the league last season40.gif, even rat face scored more than that playing in front of the defence all season.

Edited by alfieconn

yeah poor stats but everton have been playing him as a holding midfielder At the end of the season played him off the striker and he was excellent,. playing there he Would score an awful lot more and the game is all about having top class options.

Just a quote on his holding play ' He finished the season having won the most tackles, aerial duels and made more passes than anyone else at the club. He won the second highest amount of tackles in the league and won possession of the ball 190 times, the most out of any player' imo we could use him

And what the fuc does 'your at it again rij' mean

Edited by rijit

yeah poor stats but everton have been playing him as a holding midfielder At the end of the season played him off the striker and he was excellent,. playing there he Would score an awful lot more and the game is all about having top class options.

Just a quote on his holding play ' He finished the season having won the most tackles, aerial duels and made more passes than anyone else at the club. He won the second highest amount of tackles in the league and won possession of the ball 190 times, the most out of any player' imo we could use him

Calm down, were supposed to be on the same side! biggrin.png

Anyway, all this talk is meaningless at the moment because it looks like we will be looking for a new manager come thursday. Levy has seemingly only got a severence package in mind.

Watch this space.......

Calm down, were supposed to be on the same side! biggrin.png

Anyway, all this talk is meaningless at the moment because it looks like we will be looking for a new manager come thursday. Levy has seemingly only got a severence package in mind.

Watch this space.......

Yes seems that way doesnt it?

In the middle of the Euro coverage they had news that Harry had vigorously denied reports that he was going to resign.

Usually these are a good sign that you are going to be sacked.

Mind you he has been asking for it. Negotiating with Levy in the press and with Rooney's agent.

106F in Doha today in case he's interested.