Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Jermaine Defoe in training yesterday...

post-78923-0-67208900-1358997285_thumb.p

For those with fb.......https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151282060203505&set=a.10151282060153505.469220.351687753504&type=3&theater

Don't believe that photo for one moment.

I don't believe that photo either, it looks like the ball is actually on target !

Ahhh come on gents....let's hope he's hitting the target a few times this year!

yeah, ide tend to agree, however tbh,

I would have shipped him out and bought sturriddge but that's another issue.

Not that i'm disagreeing, but what are these damming stats on defoe, for me these are the only CONCRETE ones to go with and they are

200 goals over 12ish seasons in 500 top flight games all barring 20ish? in the prem, dont sound so terrible to me

Chances?? very difficult to define and almost impossible to quantify.

Edited by rijit

Jermaine Defoe in training yesterday...

post-78923-0-67208900-1358997285_thumb.p

For those with fb.......https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151282060203505&set=a.10151282060153505.469220.351687753504&type=3&theater

Don't believe that photo for one moment.

http://www.cartilage...ttenham-hotspur

Thanks for the info and lets hope its true. We won't have long to wait before Adebayor is back for what thats worth. Lets hope he's in the mood to do what he's being paid a fortune to do.

Smile and fall over biggrin.png

[

His goal cratio from chances is absolutely appalling which is why i find it so annoying the way all the commentators bleat on about him being such a natural goalscorer. i wouldn't be surprised if Andy Cole had a better convertion ratio.

Or even Teddy Sheringham

[

His goal cratio from chances is absolutely appalling which is why i find it so annoying the way all the commentators bleat on about him being such a natural goalscorer. i wouldn't be surprised if Andy Cole had a better convertion ratio.

Or even Teddy Sheringham

Sorry you'll have to explain why you are talking about Sherringham in the same context as Defoe and Cole

Thanks for the info and lets hope its true. We won't have long to wait before Adebayor is back for what thats worth. Lets hope he's in the mood to do what he's being paid a fortune to do.

Smile and fall over biggrin.png

Sit up and hold your ankles (still smiling)

• Like 2

Just a thought for the three stooges........United are not doing bad at all for a club with no money are we?

Zaha will be a nice addition and Wanyama from Celtic is nailed on.wink.png

Not bad for a club with no money buying a teenager for 15m. You are a bunch of jokers arn't you!

Anyway, back to this weekend, i don't think you should have too many problems and i predict Robin to win but probably only 1-0

Not bad for a club with no money buying a teenager for 15m. You are a bunch of jokers arn't you!

10m with add-ons for performances. And he's not a teenager. Sound investment i'd say. wink.png

My apologies he's a few months out of his teens which makes all the difference i know!

On the basis that this is the most hyped kid in years it might well be a sound investment but only because Utd can afoord to throw that sort of cash at a largely unproven youngster.

Suppose it makes Bebe worth that punt does it? Afterall he was just 7m as a kid that played in the potugese eigth division under 15's that ferguson had never seen play! biggrin.png

Oh to be a rich club. I'm jealousthumbsup.gif

Just a thought for the three stooges........United are not doing bad at all for a club with no money are we?

And then they put him straight back in the car and send him back to Crystal palace

And then they put him straight back in the car and send him back to Crystal palace

And next season he will be hailed as yet another Utd youngster coming through the ranks!cheesy.gif

Seems like all Spurs are getting these days are players out of contract or in their final few months. Just when the manager needed and deserved some proper investment. Still Adebayor's back soon so he can carry on falling over the pitch again.rolleyes.gif

10m with add-ons for performances. And he's not a teenager. Sound investment i'd say. wink.png

My apologies he's a few months out of his teens which makes all the difference i know!

On the basis that this is the most hyped kid in years it might well be a sound investment but only because Utd can afoord to throw that sort of cash at a largely unproven youngster.

Suppose it makes Bebe worth that punt does it? Afterall he was just 7m as a kid that played in the potugese eigth division under 15's that ferguson had never seen play! biggrin.png

Oh to be a rich club. I'm jealousthumbsup.gif

I don't think Zaha will be another Bebe but of course you never really know. Taking on players whose worth and value is mainly down to potential rather than achievement is certainly a much trickier business than going out and spashing 30m on a marque signing, which of course we have been known to do, but usually not much more than one every couple of years, which to my mind anyway, seems reasonable.

Yeah we've got money but i really don't think our net spend is anything spectacular. All relative i guess....h3ll of a lot of clubs that would consider Spurs well loaded. No?

One player i wouldn't mind having a punt on is this boy, only 20, already played 2 seasons in the Bundesliga, can play wide and up front, probaly cost 8-10m.

Nice enough goal but the defence looked like it couldn't be arsed.

And whilst Asian players seem able to make a big impact in Europe, they seem to struggle a bit more in the UK.

One player i wouldn't mind having a punt on is this boy, only 20, already played 2 seasons in the Bundesliga, can play wide and up front, probaly cost 8-10m.

And whilst Asian players seem able to make a big impact in Europe, they seem to struggle a bit more in the UK.

To be fair, i just put the video up to show fellow spurs bods the player in action, i didn't claim it to be a great goal or anything similar and we didn't need an expert analysis of the bad defending as we can all see that ourselves 23.gif

To be fair, i just put the video up to show fellow spurs bods the player in action, i didn't claim it to be a great goal or anything similar and we didn't need an expert analysis of the bad defending as we can all see that ourselves 23.gif

Apologies for breathing.

• Like 1

Just your previous comment.

Dunno.. thought myself it was quite a civil response to being told in a roundabout fashion to shut up.

I really do wonder if you have the quality to push on and win it thus year though.....but surprising that Citeh haven't strengthened....not yet anyway.

If they don't it might be a one horse race.

Yeah i wonder too. As i have said before, i feel we are on the brink of something.. what that is, i'm not sure...could be greatness or it could be collapse. Naturally hoping for the former. Time will tell...