Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4 sure bale will go, it's just a case of how much,bundles hopefully!!!! when,and 2 whom real are the obvious but I wouldnt rule bayern out, HUGE HUGE club and bale seemingly being what he is the, almost no frills and solid mentality of german footie may appeal?. However talk of the modric experiences putting him of moving to real, i would think the abso opposite applies. Modric has got exactly what he and every top pro wants, day in day out, he's competing/ training against and with the best and in his 1 st season he's competing 4 a place with ozil <deleted> he took a season or so 2 settle and step up as do many,not easy and abso no harm done, he will come away a better player 4 it.

A player ultimately will move if he wants, and the cheque book NEARLY always rules, but there is a point in saying no to a player, we did it to modric and, its had a defo positive effect,its strengthened our hand, marginally but still, imo it was worth doing

Agreed i think he would be great at Bayern, not convinced they have enough to outbid Real though. I still think if we get CL spot he will stay, 22 is too young, should stay till at least until 26!! Here's hoping anyway.

That gaurdian piece was a good read as well, took AVB some time to get his ideas across, reaping the rewards now. If only he could get that sort of success from Levy's cheque book, i would be a very very happy man.

Looking forward to Sunday. post-4641-1156694572.gif

Edited by Foxman888

yeah 26 would be nice, but one of the things 2 remember and i'm sure levy's well aware of, as with any player he's a busted leg or now he's more in the centre,c/d's aint quite so 'nimble' as full bacs, a huth type tackle away from a possible career or pace threatening injury and/or lengthy spell out and what would that wipe of his worth? 30mil maybe? tbh, next season 4 me would be a plus anything after that, well, we live in hope.

OH, cliff jones and 'never the same again after injuries' come to mind.so my old man and uncles reckoned.

Edited by rijit

In my opinion Bale is one of the most gifted players I've seen. He goes past two or three players as if they aren't there and his finishing is superb. He's 22 and will probably get better. I think we will find that CL or not the big clubs will come calling at the end of the season.....they will want him to get better with them, not with Spurs, they've already seen enough. I'd sooner see him at WHL because I enjoy watching him, but I think if a cheque for 60 million is flashed in front of Levy's eyes, then it won't be AVB's decision to make. The only decision for AVB, will be how to spend the 20 Mil that Levy will give him from the sale.

More like thirty bob and a bag of potatoes ups 23.gif

In my opinion Bale is one of the most gifted players I've seen. He goes past two or three players as if they aren't there and his finishing is superb. He's 22 and will probably get better. I think we will find that CL or not the big clubs will come calling at the end of the season.....they will want him to get better with them, not with Spurs, they've already seen enough. I'd sooner see him at WHL because I enjoy watching him, but I think if a cheque for 60 million is flashed in front of Levy's eyes, then it won't be AVB's decision to make. The only decision for AVB, will be how to spend the 20 Mil that Levy will give him from the sale.

I was thinking that myself! We'll probably end up losing AVB too because some other club might actually offer him a transfer kitty.

Anyway, i'm more concerned about Adebayor is feeling. Is he feeling wanted and loved. Would he be prepared to play at the weekend?

Admittedly Arsenal are in steep decline, arn't they chiqog, but we still need a striker. I really don't want to play them with ten men again either

after seeing lukaku close down the keeper last week through sheer heart and determination, i had to watch a talented but good knows whats in his head striker attempt to lead the spurs line against a typical bolton side, oops sorry west ham side, i was waiting for kevin davis to come on as a sub.

as we saw last time at the arse, adeboy, scores then has a brain fade, who knows what he will do this week.

as for bale, qualify for the CL, a good run in that and hopefully some spending on some new talent in the post season, no i will not hold my breath on the basis of d.levy and his moth filled wallet, bale may see progress at the club and he may stay longer.

but as always, cheers to the true believers, and come on your spurs

Found this interesting :

Tottenham’s Gareth Bale believes manager Andre Villas-Boas has played a significant part in his development and says the Portuguese has a more structured and tactical approach than predecessor Harry Redknapp.

Bale established himself as a star player under Redknapp but his game has improved immeasurably since Villas-Boas took the reigns during the summer.

Having previously operated as a winger, the former Southampton player has proved even more devastating through the middle and has almost doubled his goal tally from the 2010-11 season with at least 13 games to play.

He told Sport magazine: “Harry was more ‘go out there and play how you feel and express yourself’. With Andre, there’s a certain shape and a style we play.

“I think Harry was more free and let you do what you want. Andre does that too, but there’s a lot more tactical work.

Edited by alfieconn

Found this interesting :

Tottenham’s Gareth Bale believes manager Andre Villas-Boas has played a significant part in his development and says the Portuguese has a more structured and tactical approach than predecessor Harry Redknapp.

Bale established himself as a star player under Redknapp but his game has improved immeasurably since Villas-Boas took the reigns during the summer.

Having previously operated as a winger, the former Southampton player has proved even more devastating through the middle and has almost doubled his goal tally from the 2010-11 season with at least 13 games to play.

He told Sport magazine: “Harry was more ‘go out there and play how you feel and express yourself’. With Andre, there’s a certain shape and a style we play.

“I think Harry was more free and let you do what you want. Andre does that too, but there’s a lot more tactical work.

Redknapp did try to let Bale go through the middle to his credit and it worked very well at Norwich. Didn't work very well after because there was no thought behind it like there is now. Go and <deleted> run around a bit doesn't always work. This Spurs side has much more structure and tactical discipline

elfie (alfie) as my great uncle george would have pronounced it, it wouldnt be hard to have more tactical focus than harry had, avb seems to be getting the tactics closer to his ideal.

Its not as flowing as we were under wobbly but we still play decent football. Lloris is a huge bonus to us being utilised like a sweeper. The guys incredibly quick off his line. Dawson has improved as a player under AVB. We have missed Sandro's pairing with Dembele but Parker seems to be getting back to better form.

What we really need so badly is Adebayor to start to play for us and show some of last seasons form. I'll never be a fan of Defoe but i'd welcome him as a fit back up striker. Thats our achilles heal

I was thinking that myself! We'll probably end up losing AVB too because some other club might actually offer him a transfer kitty.

Anyway, i'm more concerned about Adebayor is feeling. Is he feeling wanted and loved. Would he be prepared to play at the weekend?

Admittedly Arsenal are in steep decline, arn't they chiqog, but we still need a striker. I really don't want to play them with ten men again either

Looks like they will be trying to offload. http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/tottenham-willing-listen-offers-adebayor-anywhere-3843621

Cant say I blame them. He is 8/5 to score anytime V Arsenal, though, which I think is a great bet.

Looks like they will be trying to offload. http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/tottenham-willing-listen-offers-adebayor-anywhere-3843621

Cant say I blame them. He is 8/5 to score anytime V Arsenal, though, which I think is a great bet.

Yes i may well score but its the sending off bit i'm worried about. I also think thats Arsenals only realistic chance of beating us.

Wouldn't surprise me if that poncy hypocrit Wenger tells one of his players to upend bale. Thats Wenger who starts a hissy fit anytime one of his players is even tackled.

Arsenal are poor but must get something out of the game so i'm presuming Wenger will be playing dirty and as he's an unsporting hypocrit par excellence i trust Spurs will be ready for it

Wouldn't surprise me if that poncy hypocrit Wenger tells one of his players to upend bale. Thats Wenger who starts a hissy fit anytime one of his players is even tackled.

Arsenal are poor but must get something out of the game so i'm presuming Wenger will be playing dirty and as he's an unsporting hypocrit par excellence i trust Spurs will be ready for it

Really, what a load of <deleted>. You really are trying to make excuses already, aren't you?

You seem to forget you had a carthorse called Sandro in your side. He makes Darren Fletcher look skillful.

Fortunately someone gave the thug a taste of his own medicine.

biggrin.png

Really, what a load of <deleted>. You really are trying to make excuses already, aren't you?

You seem to forget you had a carthorse called Sandro in your side. He makes Darren Fletcher look skillful.

biggrin.png

Could be wrong, but I remember him giving himself a taste of his own medicine.

biggrin.png

Yep you see there you go again, bigtime charlie!.

Run along and check out the stats on Sandro..you know, the important ones for a defensive mid, like interceptions and tackles that he's made this season. then you might not make such a big titty of yourselfgiggle.gif

You "Arse fans" really are out of touch with whats going on in the modern game. biggrin.png

If Adebayor is ever going to pull it together tomorrow has to be the day.

If he can't raise his game for this there is no hope for him.

Happy to see Parker returning to form....and Lloris top notch.

Even Lennon is playing consistently well....I'm amazed! :D

biggrin.png

Run along and check out the stats on Sandro..you know, the important ones for a defensive mid, like interceptions and tackles that he's made this season. then you might not make such a big titty of yourselfgiggle.gif

You "Arse fans" really are out of touch with whats going on in the modern game. biggrin.png

Seriously? You're actually saying Sandro is one of your better players?

Oh dear lord.

cheesy.gif

You off to the pub Sunday night Jack?

Or are ya just a lazy git? biggrin.png

No I prefer to watch football in the comfort of my own homebiggrin.png

Pipe and slippers brigadethumbsup.gif

Blimey jack. You've aged since the last time we had a beer and watched the match from the comfort of a pub. You'll be buying a bladdy caravan next tongue.png

• Like 1

biggrin.png

Seriously? You're actually saying Sandro is one of your better players?

Oh dear lord.

cheesy.gif

Stats don't lie. You should know that charlie

So whats the Arsenal managerial look for tomorrow then? Knee length puuffer jacket and plimsoles? Threatening the Spurs bench and 4th official with a bottle of Evian...And the big question; Will be begin to show any class again by shaking hands at the end of a defeat?

wallabies in the front yard, possums on the deck, cup of coffee, weet bix for brekkie, wife complaining about the noise from the lounge room, well thats a nice start for the day.

well done to mr whinger for shaking hands at the end of the game, but above all well done to the lads and those cheering them home.

coys coys coys