Tottenham Thread

chonabot

The tiny totts are as dependent on Bale as The Arse were on Van Persie last year. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well we managed to score 2 goals without him so we're not that dependent !

Commentary last night said you haven't won a game this year in which he didn't score.

'Nuff said.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Incorrect, 3-1 against Reading 1st Jan 2013 30.gif

• Like 1

thought the pressure we put on them warranted 3 points but hey ho. What a great ball verity put in 4 the first goal

]

And the commentators didnt even mention the pos of a foul for their equalizer and the half time boys said that jag's was just up early, nothing verity and Lorris could do but looked

either a piss poor jump by verity but more like a foul to me, as 4 the second lovely finish, but verity,as john Barnes said should have been aware and

on merrelis far quicker, but there we go, i'm beginning to think perhaps caulker and dawson/kaboul with verity sitting just in

front could be an option for the future?. could make us a bit more solid at the bac and I'm more than sure verity could do a

good job also maybe release the others to get 4 ward more? but that could hinge on how rose develops, as all agreed assoe's

off close season.

Pleased for the goalscorers adeboy put in a shift and is starting to be what we all know he can be, a

decent centre forward. And i know it was only a tap in but, siggy put in a really good shift and perhaps will be a very timely return

to the scoring form we bought him for. Overall not to disheartened with the point.

Wouldnt I oh so love to win at the chav's !!!!!!!!!

Edited by rijit

thought the pressure we put on them warranted 3 points but hey ho. What a great ball verity put in 4 the first goal

]

And the commentators didnt even mention the pos of a foul for their equalizer and the half time boys said that jag's was just up early, nothing verity and Lorris could do but looked

either a piss poor jump by verity but more like a foul to me, as 4 the second lovely finish, but verity,as john Barnes said should have been aware and

on merrelis far quicker, but there we go, i'm beginning to think perhaps caulker and dawson/kaboul with verity sitting just in

front could be an option for the future?. could make us a bit more solid at the bac and I'm more than sure verity could do a

good job also maybe release the others to get 4 ward more? but that could hinge on how rose develops, as all agreed assoe's

off close season.

Pleased for the goalscorers adeboy put in a shift and is starting to be what we all know he can be, a

decent centre forward. And i know it was only a tap in but, siggy put in a really good shift and perhaps will be a very timely return

to the scoring form we bought him for. Overall not to disheartened with the point.

Wouldnt I oh so love to win at the chav's !!!!!!!!!

I pretty much agree with all that. The one question that i'd like answered is why was Dembele taken off. Especially when he left Dempsey on the pitch. I'd have brought on Hudd, pushed Dembele further up and taken off someone else. This would have added to our attacking options and given us a chance to see how Dembele would fare further up.

Huddlestone proved again what an asset his longer range passing is and i hope he gets more games

From the gossip bible, AVB to leave for Real at the end of the season.http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/08/andre-villas-boas-favourite-to-replace-jose-mourinho-at-real-madrid-after-flurry-of-bets-3587365/

Edit.

Rafa to WHL? :-)

No ones going to take you seriously, (well nearly no one;) ), quoting from the Metro.

I know the Metro is about as good as the Bleacher Report.

Although, one of the stories in the Metro did suggest Bale going to Madrid with Higuain going the other way as a sweetener. Again I don't think there is much truth in it, but if Bale was to go, is that sweet enough for you?

From the gossip bible, AVB to leave for Real at the end of the season.http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/08/andre-villas-boas-favourite-to-replace-jose-mourinho-at-real-madrid-after-flurry-of-bets-3587365/

Edit.

No ones going to take you seriously, (well nearly no one;) ), quoting from the Metro.

Although, one of the stories in the Metro did suggest Bale going to Madrid with Higuain going the other way as a sweetener. Again I don't think there is much truth in it, but if Bale was to go, is that sweet enough for you?

If the sweetner was Benzema then yes but either way not next season. Our squad needs bolstering and i'm starting to think that not only is Levy/Lewis and ENIC the wrong partnership to take us forward but regardless the only way he'll spend any money on the squad is with "Bale money." All very sad really and the fans deserve more committed owners. In theory with the right owners we could challenge at the top over the next three years but it simply won't happen with this crowd, FFP or no FFP not in this day and age.

Bale will go, probably abroard, in the next couple of years to win silverware and who can blame him.

Edit.

If the sweetner was Benzema then yes but either way not next season. Our squad needs bolstering and i'm starting to think that not only is Levy/Lewis and ENIC the wrong partnership to take us forward but regardless the only way he'll spend any money on the squad is with "Bale money." All very sad really and the fans deserve more committed owners. In theory with the right owners we could challenge at the top over the next three years but it simply won't happen with this crowd, FFP or no FFP not in this day and age.

Bale will go, probably abroard, in the next couple of years to win silverware and who can blame him.

How long has he got left on his contract?

From the gossip bible, AVB to leave for Real at the end of the season.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/08/andre-villas-boas-favourite-to-replace-jose-mourinho-at-real-madrid-after-flurry-of-bets-3587365/

Edit.

No ones going to take you seriously, (well nearly no onewink.png ), quoting from the Metro.

I could have sworn that you boys from Spurs, swear by Metro Newsw00t.gif .

I am sure I have seen it quoted on here many times..... by someone!whistling.gif

Yeah maybe carmine, the only thing that springs to mind was that everton were very much looking to hit us on the break, that and or, almost to a fault actually vb seems always 2 have the corner of his eye on the next game with giving players minutes and getting them match fit. ect ect.

Now, if there's is a release clause like this article suggests, i want levy down their now!!!!!smile.png ,At that money, relatively he's a steal he's a 20 GOAL prem striker if i've ever seen one and 2 boot he's a decent team player as well. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/08/qpr-relegation-loic-remy

Thought it was a fine battling display, proving that we can more than compete without relying on pace and what we've got in reserve can more than step up. Siggy put in a good shift yet again, holtby is starting to show what we saw in his first few games, and what can you say about dempsey, 2, you could argue somewhat fortuitous goals , but who gives a flying, there's plenty that dont go in when they deserve to. What cost us was poor decision making, yet again at our near post from a set piece our defending was just shambolic, and just what the fuc planet was verity on when making that challenge??? if he's looked around there was enuf cover, totally piss poor decision and unfortunately it could somewhat justifiably be aimed that it cost us the game.. and adeboy' after leading the line so well, v v late on making a tremendous powerful acy run, totally bullying the cb's, then making making SUCH a poor decision, not to just simply lay it off 2 siggy , easy peassy, who would have been virtually clear on goal, double <deleted>!!!!!!! crazy.gif And I know hindsight is such a wonderful thing but adeboy to take a penalty? REALLY, tbh he'd be amongst the last ide want taking penalties. Still,, overall IMO we go out with our heads held up, felt we gave it a real go. Now, as the pundits said is a v v good time 2 have 10 days off. Next up lets secure that champs league spot.

Edited by rijit

Thought it was a fine battling display, proving that we can more than compete without relying on pace and what we've got in reserve can more than step up. Siggy put in a good shift yet again, holtby is starting to show what we saw in his first few games, and what can you say about dempsey, 2, you could argue somewhat fortuitous goals , but who gives a flying, there's plenty that dont go in when they deserve to. What cost us was poor decision making, yet again at our near post from a set piece our defending was just shambolic, and just what the fuc planet was verity on when making that challenge??? if he's looked around there was enuf cover, totally piss poor decision and unfortunately it could somewhat justifiably be aimed that it cost us the game.. and adeboy' after leading the line so well, v v late on making a tremendous powerful acy run, totally bullying the cb's, then making making SUCH a poor decision, not to just simply lay it off 2 siggy , easy peassy, who would have been virtually clear on goal, double <deleted>!!!!!!! crazy.gifAnd I know hindsight is such a wonderful thing but adeboy to take a penalty? REALLY, tbh he'd be amongst the last ide want taking penalties. Still,, overall IMO we go out with our heads held up, felt we gave it a real go. Now, as the pundits said is a v v good time 2 have 10 days off. Next up lets secure that champs league spot.

Isn't a centre forwards job scoring goals?

If he's not to be trusted taking a penalty, then he shouldn't be in the team.

Thought it was a fine battling display, proving that we can more than compete without relying on pace and what we've got in reserve can more than step up. Siggy put in a good shift yet again, holtby is starting to show what we saw in his first few games, and what can you say about dempsey, 2, you could argue somewhat fortuitous goals , but who gives a flying, there's plenty that dont go in when they deserve to. What cost us was poor decision making, yet again at our near post from a set piece our defending was just shambolic, and just what the fuc planet was verity on when making that challenge??? if he's looked around there was enuf cover, totally piss poor decision and unfortunately it could somewhat justifiably be aimed that it cost us the game.. and adeboy' after leading the line so well, v v late on making a tremendous powerful acy run, totally bullying the cb's, then making making SUCH a poor decision, not to just simply lay it off 2 siggy , easy peassy, who would have been virtually clear on goal, double <deleted>!!!!!!! crazy.gifAnd I know hindsight is such a wonderful thing but adeboy to take a penalty? REALLY, tbh he'd be amongst the last ide want taking penalties. Still,, overall IMO we go out with our heads held up, felt we gave it a real go. Now, as the pundits said is a v v good time 2 have 10 days off. Next up lets secure that champs league spot.

To me, the way he took that penalty mirrored his character !

To me, the way he took that penalty mirrored his character !

You mean he's lowered the bar? wink.png

Not the best of thought out theories is that o's,

in defence of adeboy, not ignoring it was a piss poor penalty, adeboy to me, bit by bit is getting his act 2 gether, went into last nights game

having scored 2 in 2. I have to relate penalty taking to the pecking order for free kicks and IVE NEVER seen adeboy stand over or appear 2 b wanting or attempt to take a free kic, so why penalties last night? i suppose bottle has a lot to do with it, but surely walker carroll asseoboy, Dempsey, holtby are, or should be under orders or at least further up the pecking order , weird, but what ever. As for asseoboy, boy does he look sort of match fitness, when he came on, looked half a yard 2 slow, with him atm, it seems like your damned if you play him and equally damned if you don't !!!!

He's our only fit striker rij....so he plays. Simple as that.

And our other striker,,, defoe,, , if one doesn't score, what happens? the other one plays, virtually no competition, to me v little or no 'footie' logic to this, footballs ALL about competition.

Another season done then chaps.......and the Arse are nibbling at your tails.

When can we start talking about all the new players Levy is going to bargain for!

Gareth Bale saga should be fun.

rijit mate....I understand your feelings at going out, but I maintain my position that any centre forward should be able to put the ball in the net from 12 yards, particularly one that has also taken penalties for Arsenal and Real Madrid. It's not difficult......but for some reason nowadays they have to do the Samba or Harlem Shuffle whilst running up, which is nonsense.......just watch Leighton Baines, that's the way to do it. Holtby further up the pecking order, what makes you say that? I haven't been impressed with him and I have no idea of his penalty record, do you?

Too bad Spurs didn't buy back Berbatov to help them out, he's as cool as a cucumber taking a penalty. biggrin.png

Not the best of thought out theories is that o's,

in defence of adeboy, not ignoring it was a piss poor penalty, adeboy to me, bit by bit is getting his act 2 gether, went into last nights game

having scored 2 in 2. I have to relate penalty taking to the pecking order for free kicks and IVE NEVER seen adeboy stand over or appear 2 b wanting or attempt to take a free kic, so why penalties last night? i suppose bottle has a lot to do with it, but surely walker carroll asseoboy, Dempsey, holtby are, or should be under orders or at least further up the pecking order , weird, but what ever. As for asseoboy, boy does he look sort of match fitness, when he came on, looked half a yard 2 slow, with him atm, it seems like your damned if you play him and equally damned if you don't !!!!

To be fair Rij, he must have wanted to take a penalty (which is half the battle) otherwise he wouldn't have taken it.

The problem was that he tried to be too clever instead of just smashing it into one of the corners.

A general thing about penalties is that players obviously don't practice them enough, i'm not talking about practising on the morning of a big game but taking say 20 pens everyday throughout a season, where the brain will get atoned to that particular movement and soon it will be like second nature plus the mental side of knowing youv'e smacked in 20 pens everyday, there's a name for it which esacapes me at the moment.