Tottenham Thread

chonabot

To be fair, i think City have missed out on signing Bale, lets face it he would have certainly improved the team and lets face it they would have been able to afford him.

Yrs....after all Silva speaks Spanish and that's pretty close to Portugal.

With their transfer savvy we could have struck a deal at a new 60000 stadium and the Spaniard.

Probably Bale on loan too for the season. :D

couple of days ago was watching some sort of footage ,u know the one's that pop up automatically like on the indy site, and kaboul was in the background training . As for more transfers in, tbh a replacement 4 caulker and 4 me thats enough in,with 60 mil spent good enuf spend, by jan we'll have a better picture of the l/b scenario. with Dempsey likely to go and i'm sure aris got his eye on parker, and the hudd needing anew challenge we'll have nad enuf changes for one window.ANd .unless an offer thats to good to refuse comes along, why get rifd of defoe we all know his weakeness's but imo he's , perfect for the last 20 mins of tight games, he'll still get us a v useful 10 -15 next season, NOT cheap or easy to replace, besides that with the world cup coming up he aint going anywhere, cos he knows at 30 after us aka crouch it'll be the end of his England days

To be fair, i think City have missed out on signing Bale, lets face it he would have certainly improved the team and they would have been able to afford him, might have even got to the knockout stages of the CL.

But alfie, they were a national embarrassment in Europe last year,biggrin.png why on earth, barring money would he want to join them?.

h/t 1-0 to Monaco, bad goal for our goalkeeper to let in, floated high ball in from the left and nice tech' fom the moanco bod but not the greatest conection an international goalkeeper shold have stopped it beaten at the near post. embarrassing . Lets hope that's the one for the season , but tbh i was a touch concerned with hugo's form at the end of the last season, lets hope i was imagining it. Anyway 1-0 at halftime down plenty of time.

3-0 after 5 minutes of the second half. You're gonna need some magic.

At 5-1 down I'm not concerned...a strong Monaco side against our second team.

Monaco, the French equivalent of Cardiff City FC.

More like the equivalent of Man City with bells on.

5-2 aint good , specially when u get the 2 !!!biggrin.png But with almost a second team out and the french seemingly fielding a 1 st choice line up, the score dont come as a great surprise no great judgements can be drawn; however 2 goals down to Hugo aint good and today makes the c/b position a concern. Good points , not 2 many, townsend looks determined ready and v capable of making an impact and dembele looks strong and up for it. Looking forward to seeing the first 11 , hopefully, next sat against espanyol..

Edited by rijit

5-2 aint good , specially when u get the 2 !!!biggrin.png But with almost a second team out and the french seemingly fielding a 1 st choice line up, the score dont come as a great surprise no great judgements can be drawn; however 2 goals down to Hugo aint good and today makes the c/b position a concern. Good points , not 2 many townsend looks ready to make an impact and dembele looks strong and ,match fit. Looking forward to seeing the first 11 , hopefully, next sat against espanyol..

I'll throw a judgment out ...& that is that spurs are sh1t .The wheels have fell off just as you left the forecourt..

Have an awfully pleasant evening.

5-2 aint good , specially when u get the 2 !!!biggrin.png But with almost a second team out and the french seemingly fielding a 1 st choice line up, the score dont come as a great surprise no great judgements can be drawn; however 2 goals down to Hugo aint good and today makes the c/b position a concern. Good points , not 2 many, townsend looks determined ready and v capable of making an impact and dembele looks strong and up for it. Looking forward to seeing the first 11 , hopefully, next sat against espanyol..

Have you got a few out with injury or just giving everyone a run preseason?

Bit of both innit?

And to your pal above.....I hope you don't fall under a bus. smile.png

Bit of both innit?

And to your pal above.....I hope you don't fall under a bus. smile.png

biggrin.png good to have another red, with a bit o' wit and banter throwing it out there. It's going to be a laugh this season. As much as I enjoy the sensible footy talk, I do enjoy a laugh more smile.png

• Like 1

it's a pre-season friendly. means nothing. but monaco can still .... off along with PSG.

Yeah our c/d was livermore and fyrers,!!!! totally untested pairing and they were pretty much out of their depth hugo f up 4 2 of the goals, but

if i'm worried bout anything its kaboul dawson and verity not getting match time. And defoe getting injured <deleted> !!!

Apparently we signed fyrers for s leige in jan and that was his second game !!!!! tough baptism against falcao!!!!

it's a pre-season friendly. means nothing. but monaco can still .... off along with PSG.

Yeah our c/d was livermore and fyrers,!!!! totally untested pairing and they were pretty much out of their depth hugo f up 4 2 of the goals, but

if i'm worried bout anything its kaboul dawson and verity not getting match time. And defoe getting injured <deleted> !!!

Apparently we signed fyrers for s leige in jan and that was his second game !!!!! tough baptism against falcao!!!!

Smacks of Boas not having a .... clue.

Edited by angiud
profanity

it's a pre-season friendly. means nothing. but monaco can still ....off along with PSG.

you're being paranoid. it's pre-season and villas boas isn't an idiot.

• Like 1

Smacks of Boas not having a .... clue.

Ah sad mary, the tosser with the lot'ser talk bout nothin, but bitter and bollacks, sad mad Mary, just sad.

you're being paranoid. it's pre-season and villas boas isn't an idiot.

yeah maybe stevie but u can only say what u c huh?,and when the A teams out it will be different 4 sure. No doubts Monaco will be well at psg this year,and eventually will be up 4 winning the champs league,but thats hardly surprising considering the wedge they've laid out and i'm sure more is to come, .but shame is players like falcao mutihno r wasted in that league, but there we go.

AVB intent was more likely assessing second team options for the Europa. He will have learnt a lot from this. It was just a friendly after all.

He played Livermore as a centre back once or twice last season from memory, and with current predicament with Jan and Younis, it was important he got a run out. Expect to see him line up again next time with Daws if no new signing.

A word from the inside (a good mate of my son who is connected at the Lane) tells me that my gut feeling regarding Bale is pretty well bang on. Gareth is very happy where he is located and his new house purchase close to Daws locating him closer to our training ground suits him well. His family are happy and baby now settled and growing into a little person. He has no intention of upsetting that aspect of his life AT THE MOMENT. Bale, commercially, needs to be in UK for at least the next year; he is the new face promotionally for BT sports, and has signed up as a guest pundit. The silence from both Gareth and Spurs is simply down to the ongoing revised contract negotiations. Add to that Levy is adamant NOT for sale. Of course, even I will concede that if 105m really is the figure, then anything goes. But I believe it is still Marca BS. Keep the faith. COYS.

The latest round of stories from the not so well informed press has one snippet that Joe Lewis and Florentino Perez will meet in the next 48 hrs, with Levy in attendance. That could well be true, and I am sure it will be an amicable exchange with future business and strategic partnership reiterated for the good and benefit of both clubs bla bla bla.

More important will be the face to face meeting with Levy and Lewis where the decision will be to settle (or not) the Bale revised contract negotiations without any further delay. For me, pay Gareth and lets get him back in training early next week, that must be a minimum requirement for AVB. The squad deserves no more delays. Palace just 14 days away now.

AVB intent was more likely assessing second team options for the Europa. He will have learnt a lot from this. It was just a friendly after all.

He played Livermore as a centre back once or twice last season from memory, and with current predicament with Jan and Younis, it was important he got a run out. Expect to see him line up again next time with Daws if no new signing.

A word from the inside (a good mate of my son who is connected at the Lane) tells me that my gut feeling regarding Bale is pretty well bang on. Gareth is very happy where he is located and his new house purchase close to Daws locating him closer to our training ground suits him well. His family are happy and baby now settled and growing into a little person. He has no intention of upsetting that aspect of his life AT THE MOMENT. Bale, commercially, needs to be in UK for at least the next year; he is the new face promotionally for BT sports, and has signed up as a guest pundit. The silence from both Gareth and Spurs is simply down to the ongoing revised contract negotiations. Add to that Levy is adamant NOT for sale. Of course, even I will concede that if 105m really is the figure, then anything goes. But I believe it is still Marca BS. Keep the faith. COYS.

Funny really Ian, i wouldn't be any more or less surprised if we sold him or he lined up for us next season. I'd prefer him to stay for a final year predominantly because i think it makes for a better managed transition.

Mindyou, its very hard to turn down telephone numbers even if its from a club that is 600m in debt and can't even pay us the rest of the money they owe from the last player bought from us.

One aspect about Bale that you mentioned that none of the "guests" on our thread have mentioned is what Bale the family man thinks. I firmly believe from everything i have heard about him that they are the most important part of his decision making process. Whats a year if it mantains a happy home and gives you more time to make the Spanish adjustment? Its easy to forget that we are dealing with a very decent well rounded young bloke and a model professional. This is a lad that regularily drives down to Wales with family to visit parents, doesn't drink, never in the news for the wrong reasons. I just don't think money is the driving force in his life so its very difficult to know what his ultimate decision will be.

Another point raised about our center backs is a little concerning but not a problem yey. Vertonghen will only miss a game, Dawson is fit and i would be amazed if we don't replace Caulker. Theres ann excellent young Belgium center back at Ajax for example. My only concern is Kaboul. It would be nice to get some feedback on his recovery.

Anyways they won't have too much to do because "the beast" Sandro's backsmile.png

• Like 2

Dunno about that. Monaco's defensive line last night has a value of a staggering £3.5m, yes that's for all 4 defenders!! They might have spent a lot this window, but they are far from a CL side..................yet.

Dunno about that. Monaco's defensive line last night has a value of a staggering £3.5m, yes that's for all 4 defenders!! They might have spent a lot this window, but they are far from a CL side..................yet.

And your point is what exactly? Are you trying to draw some conclusions from our second eleven performance? Your not so daft as to suggest the performance is an indication of what will happen in the Premiership? Surely not.

The US press are going crazy over Dempsey's return. I for one am pleased he's gone; I was never a fan... He just didn't seem to fit. I wish him well. Having said all that he'll probably go to Brazil and dazzle the world next Summer.

And your point is what exactly? Are you trying to draw some conclusions from our second eleven performance? Your not so daft as to suggest the performance is an indication of what will happen in the Premiership? Surely not.

I wouldn't be too concerned about what mjj ses Ian, he's only been interested in football for the last 5 years or so so his knowledge is somewhat dimished laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1