Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Looks like Joe Cole could be coming on a free :) and then Ari will sell him on to the scammers in 4 years time for 5m :D .

I would say that Belamey will be arriving soon too ( opening the door for Celtic to do a deal for Keane.) and although he is a <deleted> he's still a very good player.

The competition in midfield between Sandro and Palacios should be interesting, and with one more midfield playmaker we would be very strong.

One oversight that must be addressed is a decent backup the Gomes. We were lucky and nearly caught out this week.

Good news all round and I'm still hoping there's funds for a top goalscorer.

If as i believe he brings in Belamey, that will be it. Keeping Defoe, Crouch, and i suppose Pav is a difficult one. If a decent bid comes in he might be sold. Can't see Keane coming back though

Looks like Joe Cole could be coming on a free :) and then Ari will sell him on to the scammers in 4 years time for 5m :D .

I would say that Belamey will be arriving soon too ( opening the door for Celtic to do a deal for Keane.) and although he is a <deleted> he's still a very good player.

The competition in midfield between Sandro and Palacios should be interesting, and with one more midfield playmaker we would be very strong.

One oversight that must be addressed is a decent backup the Gomes. We were lucky and nearly caught out this week.

Judging by the beaming smile on Bellamy's face at the end you are probaly right and Ari's probaly sorted that already ( might account for him not having a great game on Wed) :D .

One oversight that must be addressed is a decent backup the Gomes.

What about left back or is the general opinion that BAE is good enough? For me he is a liability and one fear I had with the City game was him giving away a soft penalty again.

And the forwards? Pav out with Gudjohnsen to be returned although being a loan costs are not so great there but he slows down play very much as Keane used to but surely we'll bring a striker in.

Others to move: Jenas/Hutton/O'Hara/Keane/Dos Santos. Must be a few bob there and we obviously havn't needed them. Then there's Walker and Naughton but would have thought we'll hang on to these.

Interesting it will be.

Judging by the beaming smile on Bellamy's face at the end you are probaly right and Ari's probaly sorted that already ( might account for him not having a great game on Wed) :D .

yep saw him shake twitchys hand, and you base that on adone deal?, delirious has now stepped up a gear, unsurprisingly, ,next youll be tellin us he delibaretly sabotaged it , for spuds , so saggy chops could sign im, albeit from belmarsh

yep saw him shake twitchys hand, and you base that on adone deal?, delirious has now stepped up a gear, unsurprisingly, ,next youll be tellin us he delibaretly sabotaged it , for spuds , so saggy chops could sign im, albeit from belmarsh

I hope its no more than speculation. We've got to aim higher imola.... :D

Might also account for the incredibly inappropriate high five with Ari after the game :D

I really rate Bellamy, and think he would be a great signing. I might then even remember how to spell his name :)

I'd rather have Torres and its easier to spell. :D

Well then you had better add a further 60m to your 10m Bellamy budget :D

Well then you had better add a further 60m to your 10m Bellamy budget :)

A minor detail for me carmine I suppose Mr Levy might feel differently of course. :D Just out of interest if we had the cash who would you like to see arrive at the Lane?

Well then you had better add a further 60m to your 10m Bellamy budget :)

A minor detail for me carmine I suppose Mr Levy might feel differently of course. :D Just out of interest if we had the cash who would you like to see arrive at the Lane?

How much cash are we talking about? Are we talking about one player? If you are talking about strikers then yes, i'd want Torres. But i doubt very much he would join us :D

Despite what some Spurs fans might be thinking, we will not go spend crazy. All the 50m revenue talk is <deleted> until we qualify for the group stages. To do this, we might have to beat the like of Milan, Ajax or Seville for example.

As a financially well run club,(which seems to be as rare as rocking horse shit these days) levy won't spend big without firstly offloading some and then making sure we dont make a very early exit.

Time to keep our feet very firmly on the ground i think. :D

In fairness, there are many player we can offload and make about 10-15 million on that wont affect the team at all. If we got rid of:

jenes (hasnt done anything- although injured most of season),

Keane (love the player, but we can do without- and might be worth a fair bit selling now),

o hara (i like the player but again dont need),

Hutton (looks like he'll be gone, we got two right backs, an kaboul too so wont be missed an worth a pretty penny),

tarabbat (r madrid are going to give us 20 mil for him :) but again getting a couple of million from the french second division team will be nice)

Dos santos (would love to have had this guy have a run in the squad but i doubt he'll be back, i did read a good artical that suggested people love him more cos of coming from barca and his name, if he was Stan Jenkins dont think we'd be botherd where he goes).

Maybe there are others, but i think most will agree that we should get a fair bit of money offloading these players with little affect on the team, and the money gained from this alone could bring us in a couple good signings.

Never been sure about Bellamy, though in fairness he has proved his worth at most clubs hes played for. Joe Cole would be a huge signing, think getting him for free would be perfect, cover our left (in absence of Bale). Do need another keeper, maybe a big midfield signing and striker. Defence we are ok, well coverd, but too injury prone.

In fairness, there are many player we can offload and make about 10-15 million on that wont affect the team at all. If we got rid of:

Keane (love the player, but we can do without- and might be worth a fair bit selling now),

Hutton (looks like he'll be gone, we got two right backs, an kaboul too so wont be missed an worth a pretty penny),

tarabbat (r madrid are going to give us 20 mil for him :) but again getting a couple of million from the french second division team will be nice)

Dos santos (would love to have had this guy have a run in the squad but i doubt he'll be back, i did read a good artical that suggested people love him more cos of coming from barca and his name, if he was Stan Jenkins dont think we'd be botherd where he goes).

Maybe there are others, but i think most will agree that we should get a fair bit of money offloading these players with little affect on the team, and the money gained from this alone could bring us in a couple good signings.

Never been sure about Bellamy, though in fairness he has proved his worth at most clubs hes played for. Joe Cole would be a huge signing, think getting him for free would be perfect, cover our left (in absence of Bale). Do need another keeper, maybe a big midfield signing and striker. Defence we are ok, well coverd, but too injury prone.

Right on all counts. I'd add gudjonson to the offload list also. Cole would be useful on a free and we need a reserve keeper. We have an excellent defensive midfielder already next season in sandro.

I'd have a stab at a top notch striker.

Please take Berbatov back! he did do quite well for you and i am sure he could do a job....even as a bench warmer.

Offers ACCEPTED! :D

Erhmmm.....no thanks :)

Second that. Maybe try the Liverpool thread! :D

tarabbat (r madrid are going to give us 20 mil for him :D but again getting a couple of million from the french second division team will be nice)

Right on all counts. I'd add gudjonson to the offload list also. Cole would be useful on a free and we need a reserve keeper. We have an excellent defensive midfielder already next season in sandro.

I'd trim down the squad considerably sell Pavlyuchenko as well and buy Higuain from Madrid. :)

tarabbat (r madrid are going to give us 20 mil for him :D but again getting a couple of million from the french second division team will be nice)

I'd trim down the squad considerably sell Pavlyuchenko as well and buy Higuain from Madrid. :D

That would be nice, but then again, theres that small matter of getting him to sign for us :D We know we are a huge club but do these world class guys :):D

Please take Berbatov back! he did do quite well for you and i am sure he could do a job....even as a bench warmer.

Offers ACCEPTED! :D

Erhmmm.....no thanks :)

Second that. Maybe try the Liverpool thread! :D

No chance of that...i think i will have a better chance in the Cidy thread,they seem to like red rejects!

Maybe he might go to upton park? :D

That would be nice, but then again, theres that small matter of getting him to sign for us :D We know we are a huge club but do these world class guys :):D

He's an impressionable young lad. Maybe we can use our Argentinian connections... :D

No chance of that...i think i will have a better chance in the Cidy thread,they seem to like red rejects!

Maybe he might go to upton park? :D

Knowing your luck he would probably bang in 30 goals at Eastlands next season. :)

Maybe a straight swap deal for Carlton Cole if the scammers are willing that is. :D

He's an impressionable young lad. Maybe we can use our Argentinian connections... :D

That's right. What i was thinking was having him upfront with Villa or Torres with Messi playing just behind them. Bring in Buffon (reserve to Gomes :D ) and job done. Why complicate things :D

That's right. What i was thinking was having him upfront with Villa or Torres with Messi playing just behind them. Bring in Buffon (reserve to Gomes :D ) and job done. Why complicate things :D

Trust you to get it wrong. We don't need Messi mate we've got Modric. Bring in Ronaldo as back up for Lennon istead. :D

Everyone talks about how much we've spent too in the press, which is true. However they seem to ignor the fact that united have given us alot of money over the last few season, think about 50 mil for berbatov an carrick together. I dont know how much we made out of the whole keane to liverpool thing, but still think we came out of it with a few mil. We recouped alot of what we paid for bent (we aint the only crazy ones).

On another note once we do our clearout, i think a researve keeper is a must, but i dont think this will cost too much or be a real back pager. I do see us getting another striker to have with defoe and crouch. Pav had a very good 2nd half of the season, but i dont know how long he'll be around. A likeable player, but not one we couldnt easily forget. Still think cole on a free too would make a very good squad and a strong statement.

if anyone reads the gossip collum on bbc how many rumours must there be a day, and how many actually go through. Also have u noticed how our strike has been the one department in the last few years that was very strong. But we are forever linked to strikers and more strikers

I have got to say lads i love the new found positivity in ths thread now :D not to dissimilar.sp? from a massive club in Manchester...but all power to ya!

At least you deservedly qualified for the Champions League and i for one will be following you next year in it.

Shame we will pinch a player or two this year of you :)

I have got to say lads i love the new found positivity in ths thread now :D not to dissimilar.sp? from a massive club in Manchester...but all power to ya!

Get your gaggs in now NAD, while there is still time. There is no doubt that we have become a better side and all the new players are starting to gel. Next year (and you can mark my words on this) we will be pushing for the title. :)

Get your gaggs in now NAD, while there is still time. There is no doubt that we have become a better side and all the new players are starting to gel. Next year (and you can mark my words on this) we will be pushing for the title. :)

Well it has to be your target now doesn't it? :D

Great performance in the second half last night. :) Nothing wrong with a quick reality check but that was a bit strong. I don't understand why some more bench players were'nt given a run out as i'm sure most of the first team was knackered. Anyway, the perfect time to put in the worst performance of the season i guess.

King has now played four times in two weeks, and on our perspective that bodes very well when you consider how few starts he made this season. Word is, Woodgate will probably be ready to play at start of next season, so there will be some fierce competition for places from Dawson and Bassong.

In all sincerity Mr BJ i hope you finish second,that would be perrrfick! :D