Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I have got to say lads i love the new found positivity in ths thread now :D not to dissimilar.sp? from a massive club in Manchester...but all power to ya!

Get your gaggs in now NAD, while there is still time. There is no doubt that we have become a better side and all the new players are starting to gel. Next year (and you can mark my words on this) we will be pushing for the title. :D

In all sincerity Mr BJ i hope you finish second,that would be perrrfick! :D

:)

You want Chelsea to win it again :D

I have got to say lads i love the new found positivity in ths thread now :D not to dissimilar.sp? from a massive club in Manchester...but all power to ya!

Get your gaggs in now NAD, while there is still time. There is no doubt that we have become a better side and all the new players are starting to gel. Next year (and you can mark my words on this) we will be pushing for the title. :D

In all sincerity Mr BJ i hope you finish second,that would be perrrfick! :D

:)

You want Chelsea to win it again :D

:D:D I thought he was commenting on our chances next season. :D

:):D

Your creaking and poorly balanced squad will crack next season and with no funds to shore up the defences I reckon you'll get washed away....a poor fourth for you next year. :D

Edited by smokie36

Great performance in the second half last night. :) Nothing wrong with a quick reality check but that was a bit strong. I don't understand why some more bench players were'nt given a run out as i'm sure most of the first team was knackered. Anyway, the perfect time to put in the worst performance of the season i guess.

If the excuse was that they were tired after the exertions of the midweek match with City How on earth are they going to last the pace in the Champions league. They obviously lacked energy as they lost nearly all the 50/50 tackles

Great performance in the second half last night. :) Nothing wrong with a quick reality check but that was a bit strong. I don't understand why some more bench players were'nt given a run out as i'm sure most of the first team was knackered. Anyway, the perfect time to put in the worst performance of the season i guess.

If the excuse was that they were tired after the exertions of the midweek match with City How on earth are they going to last the pace in the Champions league. They obviously lacked energy as they lost nearly all the 50/50 tackles

I would imagine that the half time score at the Library sapped most of the energy out of them. :D But no excuses we were very poor, and worst of all in the second half we did'nt even compete properly.

I don't think we have to add loads of players to our squad. Generally speaking it's very good. More a case of needing to replace some of the average with greater quality.

Seems like Chelsea are now taking a overly keen interest in Modric. Will Levy be able to resist if Chelsea make one of their silly money bids?

Suppose they are looking now towards buying the title next season :)

Seems like Chelsea are now taking a overly keen interest in Modric. Will Levy be able to resist if Chelsea make one of their silly money bids?

Suppose they are looking now towards buying the title next season :D

Like i said before 30m quid (Perhaps 40m as its Chelsea) for Modric and Cole to be replace him on a free.

As much as i think Modric is a great footballer , he hardly sets the world on light when he is on the ball so losing him wouldn't be the end of the world IMO.

And another small point is that 3 goals and 3 assists is not good enough for an attacking midfield player :) though to be fair i think he would improve on these stats next season.

Edited by alfieconn

Like i said before 30m quid (Perhaps 40m as its Chelsea) for Modric and Cole to be replace him on a free.

As much as i think Modric is a great footballer , he hardly sets the world on light when he is on the ball so losing him wouldn't be the end of the world IMO.

And another small point is that 3 goals and 3 assists is not good enough for an attacking midfield player :) though to be fair i think he would improve on these stats next season.

I'm all for selling him if it's for silly money, as long as he is replaced with top quality and i would love to get Joe Cole on a free. Now this whole scenario would be good business :D

I'm all for selling him if it's for silly money, as long as he is replaced with top quality and i would love to get Joe Cole on a free. Now this whole scenario would be good business :D

Chelsea wouldnn't buy him for silly money would they ??

I think he's overated personally & just another Benayoun who no way will be able to play at the top top level for Chels, Man Utd etc..

I think he's overated personally & just another Benayoun who no way will be able to play at the top top level for Chels, Man Utd etc..

But he does it consistently at international level does'nt he, although i do tend to agree with Mr Conn's opinion of him.

Its all very well to talk of selling Modric for silly money and I agree it would make sense but only if we have a replacement lined up.

you probly have, pascal chimbonda :)

I was thinking more like Xabi Alonso. :D

And another small point is that 3 goals and 3 assists is not good enough for an attacking midfield player :D though to be fair i think he would improve on these stats next season.

But he does it consistently at international level does'nt he, although i do tend to agree with Mr Conn's opinion of him.

Does he really ??

I might change my opinion of him after the WC then.. :)

Its all very well to talk of selling Modric for silly money and I agree it would make sense but only if we have a replacement lined up.

Of course you would, i'm actually surpirsed Messi hasn't been spoke of by you lot or linked with you yet..

Edited by MSingh

Of course you would, i'm actually surpirsed Messi hasn't been spoke of by you lot or linked with you yet..

Give it time Singhy son..give it time :D

Expectation is high at the Lane now. Maybe not Messi but hopefully we can keep our best players and add to that for next year. I'd hate to see Modric leave when we have squad players who should be offloaded.

Expectation is high at the Lane now. Maybe not Messi but hopefully we can keep our best players and add to that for next year. I'd hate to see Modric leave when we have squad players who should be offloaded.

dont be so modest smokie, you know spuds could easily afford and tempt him away from barcelona, i wouldnt even doubt it you lot were to tell us it has been his boyhood dream to play for you,

i would think ossie will even set the deal up for twichy,

while youre at it , buy kaka and ribery aswell, if not, rooney :)

with that lot plus tom huddlestone you will easily win every game you play,

youll be world club champs soon

You people crack me up..

You could have just wrote " Not Messi " but you had to put the " Maybe " bit it didn't you ?? :)

You people crack me up..

You could have just wrote " Not Messi " but you had to put the " Maybe " bit it didn't you ?? :D

:) Nothing gets past the scammers.... :D

dont be so modest smokie, you know spuds could easily afford and tempt him away from barcelona, i wouldnt even doubt it you lot were to tell us it has been his boyhood dream to play for you,

i would think ossie will even set the deal up for twichy,

while youre at it , buy kaka and ribery aswell, if not, rooney :)

with that lot plus tom huddlestone you will easily win every game you play,

youll be world club champs soon

We don't want to unbalance the side this way mate better to buy Huguain and keep the rest of the first team squad just add another goalkeeper. :D

There seems to be a lot of talk about a marquee signing. That would be great and a huge step in the right direction. Reality is though, it won't happen. We have'nt qualified for the CL group stages and Levy is too tight around the pound and would scupper the deal to save a couple of mill.(remember his balls up with the Arshavin deal) which you cant do when buying top end. It's a shame to say it but its the reality and we will keep being linked with the likes of Kenwyn Jones as opposed to David Villa. Hope i'm wrong though. :)

There seems to be a lot of talk about a marquee signing. That would be great and a huge step in the right direction. Reality is though, it won't happen. We have'nt qualified for the CL group stages and Levy is too tight around the pound and would scupper the deal to save a couple of mill.(remember his balls up with the Arshavin deal) which you cant do when buying top end. It's a shame to say it but its the reality and we will keep being linked with the likes of Kenwyn Jones as opposed to David Villa. Hope i'm wrong though. :)

Too true unfortunately he's unlikely to get carried away mind you the Standard today reports Fabregas heading to Barca so we can compete with the arse at least.

It seems the club are nearly ready, subject to a few design changes, to submit the new stadium plans to Haringey Council.

I have only one question mark against what looks like a fantastic stadium.

With 27000 existing season ticket holders, a waiting list of 23000 for season tickets, and 70000 registered members, why on earth isn't the capacity going to be nearer 70000 rather than the planned 58000 which is clearly not enough.

These figures have been the same for a few years so any CL qualification is a bonus.

Edited by carmine

It seems the club are nearly ready, subject to a few design changes, to submit the new stadium plans to Haringey Council.

With 27000 existing season ticket holders, a waiting list of 23000 for season tickets, and 70000 registered members, why on earth isn't the capacity going to be nearer 70000 rather than the planned 58000 which is clearly not enough.

These figures have been the same for a few years so any CL qualification is a bonus.

No arguments with the above I guess it just comes down to money in the end.

I'd be happy enough to see building work begin to be honest....

No arguments with the above I guess it just comes down to money in the end.

I'd be happy enough to see building work begin to be honest....

yep , those design changes will be to bring the capacity to 175,000, sell out every week