Tottenham Thread

chonabot

glad that so far.our manager has kept his mouth shut.and managed to refrain from shooting himself in the foot. a trait far to common at the lane in recent seasons. lets hope he keeps on managing that side of things effectively.

• Like 2

glad that so far.our manager has kept his mouth shut.and managed to refrain from shooting himself in the foot. a trait far to common at the lane in recent seasons. lets hope he keeps on managing that side of things effectively.

Indeed. General Dim as an example, holding forth in detail about why he turned down the West Brom position. Not a smart move as management ordinarily don't take kindly to a job candidate spewing details involved in negotiations. Other clubs take notice of that sort of behavior.

I thought he did an excellent job under the circumstances. His heart was in the right place, he produced good results, and his main failing was not to bench Soldadud from the onset. Against all the odds he very nearly pulled it off. Give him a break and give him the credit he deserves as after all, he was a second tier trainer without portfolio who presumed nothing and tried his best given his woeful lack of experience. Had he pulled it off and we finished fourth, you would all be readily humming hurrah

• Like 2

yep sherwood on the pitc h given the curcumstances did a decent enuf job, just needed to keep his gob shut during interviews. personally I blame spurs 4 that as much as i blame sherwood, pay managers mega bucks and dont seem to prepare them for what is growing to be ,next to results, the most important part of a managers job, dealing with the media. As for him turning down the wb job, good decision by him you dont want to be going into a new club without any back up tbh, imo its a penny pinching short sighted decision by wb. oh veritys just got himself in apoor defensive position and given a penalty away in the wc , now there's a surprise!!!!

Edited by rijit

Not many spuds in the World Cup, but they're making their mark! Nice one Verts biggrin.png

I take it Benteleb is not a fan of his team mate Dembele......... nice elbow.cheesy.gif

The ignominy! Replaced by Fellainicheesy.gif

Edited by wilai

Not many spuds in the World Cup, but they're making their mark! Nice one Verts biggrin.png

I take it Benteleb is not a fan of his team mate Dembele......... nice elbow.cheesy.gif

Fellaini's losses might have just recouped a little bit tongue.png

Fellaini's losses might have just recouped a little bit tongue.png

yeah, playing more in the position that he made a name for himself at Everton, but in fairness, given the competition 4 that spot he was never gonna get a look in at utd.

• Like 2

Thought 2 day we saw why murrey at the chav's doesn't want lukaku, plays well in a pair and running from deeper but he really aint very good solo ish upfront and running ax the line . IMO really Needs that in his locker b4 he will be able to take the next step on and establish himself in champ's league team .

• Like 2

AVB was stunning.

Didn't know where to put his foot.

So Sherwood says, 'This is how you do it."

Net result for Levy...total cock up.

smile.png

Don't really understand this. Poor attempt to troll?

Edited by carmine

I thought he did an excellent job under the circumstances. His heart was in the right place, he produced good results, and his main failing was not to bench Soldadud from the onset. Against all the odds he very nearly pulled it off. Give him a break and give him the credit he deserves as after all, he was a second tier trainer without portfolio who presumed nothing and tried his best given his woeful lack of experience. Had he pulled it off and we finished fourth, you would all be readily humming hurrah

I think this is very fair comment. He made some horrendous team selections which can be forgiven with his inexperience but to be fair he got the results and i still think that (baring in mind the upheavals of changing managers and introducing seven new player and selling our best player) we did well to finish within a few points of fourth.

Tim Sherwood's biggest problem is he's too cocky by half and almost juvenile in his approach to speaking with the press

I think this is very fair comment. He made some horrendous team selections which can be forgiven with his inexperience but to be fair he got the results and i still think that (baring in mind the upheavals of changing managers and introducing seven new player and selling our best player) we did well to finish within a few points of fourth.

Tim Sherwood's biggest problem is he's too cocky by half and almost juvenile in his approach to speaking with the press

Yep. That was what I was trying to say. But you say it much better carmine.

Thought 2 day we saw why murrey at the chav's doesn't want lukaku, plays well in a pair and running from deeper but he really aint very good solo ish upfront and running ax the line . IMO really Needs that in his locker b4 he will be able to take the next step on and establish himself in champ's league team .

I think this is exactly right. thumbsup.gif

But I'm biased of course.

And they call it Belgium's Golden Generation cheesy.gif

6 in total? (unless you include BAE). Way its going,at least your boys will be back for pre-seasonwink.png

BAE plays for Cameroon

I know. and Lloris plays for France, Paulinho for Brazil. Add those to the 4 on the pitch in the Belgium game and that makes 6 in total (+BAE). 2nd line was in response to Rijit re no of Spuds players in World Cup. Should have made it a separate post. Sorrywai2.gif

Edited by wilai

And they call it Belgium's Golden Generation cheesy.gif

6 in total? (unless you include BAE). Way its going,at least your boys will be back for pre-seasonwink.png

BAE plays for Cameroon

Maybe he just doesn't realise it, hence the head butting of his team mate. biggrin.png