Tottenham Thread

chonabot

This day in 1978. Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa arrive.attachicon.gifSPURSBsKoN2tCUAAZXGJ.png

I was there for their first game at the lane a twas a midweek game and we'd just been up to forest the champs and drawn not bad for newly promoted us , next up villa @ the lane, looked easy, the ground was amazing full house and when the players came out the ground filled with ticker tape aka the world cup

VILLA KILLED US, 4-1 star of the day was Gary shaw, what a loss to English football he was.

Had a good day at Anfield as well IIRCbiggrin.pngBsLafnRCEAIMJX5.jpg

Just like watchin Brazil....except Brazil scored oneclap2.gif

think it was that season, i saw liverpool at the lane, still to this day the the best team i've ever seen inc barca, liverpool absolutely passed us of the park, we hardly touched the ball for 90 mins, unbelievably one sided game, how the f it ended at 0-0 i'll never know

Better ask jellydog, rij.

Absolute expert on pre-1980 football, especially when it comes to Villa and Brazil.

smile.png

I'm sure I remember Brazil getting five in one game... But he never managed seven to my knowledge.

• Like 1

This day in 1978. Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa arrive.attachicon.gifSPURSBsKoN2tCUAAZXGJ.png

I was there for their first game at the lane a twas a midweek game and we'd just been up to forest the champs and drawn not bad for newly promoted us , next up villa @ the lane, looked easy, the ground was amazing full house and when the players came out the ground filled with ticker tape aka the world cup

VILLA KILLED US, 4-1 star of the day was Gary shaw, what a loss to English football he was.

Had a good day at Anfield as well IIRCbiggrin.pngBsLafnRCEAIMJX5.jpg

Just like watchin Brazil....except Brazil scored oneclap2.gif

think it was that season, i saw liverpool at the lane, still to this day the the best team i've ever seen inc barca, liverpool absolutely passed us of the park, we hardly touched the ball for 90 mins, unbelievably one sided game, how the f it ended at 0-0 i'll never know

Better ask jellydog, rij.

Absolute expert on pre-1980 football, especially when it comes to Villa and Brazil.

smile.png

I'm sure I remember Brazil getting five in one game... But he never managed seven to my knowledge.

thumbsup.gif

Tottenham's plans for stadium boosted as further permission is granted for site

• More than 95 per cent of the three-hectare site has already been approved
  • But order was requested to allow the final two of three phases to go ahead
  • Tottenham expressed their hope that the new 56,250-capacity stadium would be ready by 2017

By DAVID KENT

PUBLISHED: 21:51, 11 July 2014 | UPDATED: 21:51, 11 July 2014

Tottenham's plans to build a new stadium took a major step forward on Friday after the club were granted permission to use a site earmarked for the project.

Ministers have agreed with a compulsory purchase order made by the London Borough of Haringey, which will enable the Northumberland Development Project to continue.

article-2596913-1CC364FE00000578-142_634
+3

Plans: Tottenham are hoping to move into their new 56,000-seater stadium in 2017

article-2596913-1CC3650E00000578-909_634
+3

Vision: An artist's impression of Tottenham's new stadium which they plan to build near White Hart Lane

More than 95 per cent of the three-hectare site has already been approved and the order was requested to allow the final two of three phases to go ahead.

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles said: 'This scheme is supported by the locally determined development plan for the area and has received strong local support.'

• Tottenham expressed their hope that the new 56,250-capacity stadium would be ready by 2017

By DAVID KENT

Tottenham's plans to build a new stadium took a major step forward on Friday after the club were granted permission to use a site earmarked for the project.

Ministers have agreed with a compulsory purchase order made by the London Borough of Haringey, which will enable the Northumberland Development Project to continue.

+3

Plans: Tottenham are hoping to move into their new 56,000-seater stadium in 2017

+3

Vision: An artist's impression of Tottenham's new stadium which they plan to build near White Hart Lane

More than 95 per cent of the three-hectare site has already been approved and the order was requested to allow the final two of three phases to go ahead.

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles said: 'This scheme is supported by the locally determined development plan for the area and has received strong local support.'

Happy days me thinks, I am just wondering if they are going to sound proof it like they've done at the Emirates laugh.png

• Like 2

By DAVID KENT

+3

+3

Happy days me thinks, I am just wondering if they are going to sound proof it like they've done at the Emirates laugh.png

As long as they've made room for the Aldi and the Lidl, the local community will be pleased.

As long as they've made room for the Aldi and the Lidl, the local community will be pleased.

Your not on the bindippers thread now you know laugh.png

Sainsbury’s has opened a new 78,000 square foot store as part of the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium development – employing 280 colleagues from the local area and giving this dynamic and exciting community great new opportunities to Live Well For Less.

The new Sainsbury’s team in store were joined for the opening by David Lammy MP and Tottenham Hotspur Chairman, Daniel Levy.

coffee1.gif

By DAVID KENT

+3

+3

As long as they've made room for the Aldi and the Lidl, the local community will be pleased.[/quote

yep good profitable ventures always welcome irrespective of ignorant misplaced snobbery.

• Like 1

Sainsbury’s has opened a new 78,000 square foot store as part of the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium development – employing 280 colleagues from the local area and giving this dynamic and exciting community great new opportunities to Live Well For Less.

The new Sainsbury’s team in store were joined for the opening by David Lammy MP and Tottenham Hotspur Chairman, Daniel Levy.

coffee1.gif

You don't get sarcasm, do you?

cheesy.gif

coffee1.gif

cheesy.gif

Are you saying that you wasn't being serious ? laugh.png

He's saying he's a champion of human rights for arabs and russians who have been ripped off, but he doesn't give a monkey's toss about people who live in tottenham and find it hard to make ends meet.

smile.png

To be fair it was a bit of banter between me and chics so I don't really see what it's got to with you ! but while your on, do you give a monkey's toss about people who live in tottenham and find it hard to make ends meet ?

coffee1.gif

cheesy.gif

I know there's a Sainsbury's there you numpty I posted it ages ago. Of course I was taking the piss.

Strewth.

Mind you most shoppers in tottnumb prefer not to pay, innit.

thumbsup.gif

Yep.

Your mate flies at the pointy end.

So do I....what of it?

So do I. In fact I am tonight.

What I don't like is when the aircraft only has the front door and the cattle all come traipsing through. Much prefer it when we get on and turn left and they turn right biggrin.png

• Like 1

Yep.

So do I....what of it?

What I don't like is when the aircraft only has the front door and the cattle all come traipsing through. Much prefer it when we get on and turn left and they turn right biggrin.png

I prefer when I get the hate mrboj....especially if I have the bubbly in hand already.....

Yep.

So do I....what of it?

I prefer when I get the hate mrboj....especially if I have the bubbly in hand already.....

Yeah there is that biggrin.png

coffee1.gif

cheesy.gif

I know there's a Sainsbury's there you numpty I posted it ages ago. Of course I was taking the piss.

Strewth.

Mind you most shoppers in tottnumb prefer not to pay, innit.

thumbsup.gif

Nah, you wasn't was ya, get away laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn