Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4-1 flatters us really. Defensively poor for their goal. 'Watch the ball' nonono Harry 'Deal with it and stay organised and focised <deleted>!'. We could easily have let in a couple more.

On the plus side VDV gets better and better silly lunge getting sent off though. Bale outstanding again. Our midfield played well even with ten men and I thought we held out well there.

A gutsy performance and no doubt Twnete will still be moaning about the third penalty when we have the rematch. Not that I could blame 'em!

:D

More of the same. VDV is the best player in a Spurs shirt in over a decade........happy days!

Let's hope he doesn't go the same way as Sherringham, Cambell, Berbatov, Carrick etc.

In particular, Ferguson seems to regard Tottenham as a good provider of talent for him to pick up 6 months to a year down the line after they have been discovered and proven themselves with Spurs.

Unfortunately, Once a player wants to leave, there's no stopping him, regardless of contractual ties, but maybe Man U's comparatively slow start to the season plus all their debt problems, and Spurs' comparative rise in 'stature' will convince our top players to stay put this time round.

But I wouldn't bet on it......

Reports surfacing that Jonathon Woodgates operation has been a 100% success. It still sounds a bit flakey at the moment and nothing yet from the official club website but if true then its an enormous boost for us. Fingers crossed. ;)

More of the same. VDV is the best player in a Spurs shirt in over a decade........happy days!

Wow, says a lot for Mark Noble then doesn't it ?? ;)

Did Mark Noble play for us then ;)

No he did'nt, but theres been a few times i've watched the scammers and i thought he was playing for the other side. ;)

No but i wouldn't be surprised at a bid any time soon..

Whta Mark Noble did do was restrict RVDV to not a great deal you know, & some would say " had him in his pocket so he was ineffective which was proven in the score "..;)

Of course the counter arguement would be that VDV had a good Game, but in Football you don't have the things like WEST HAM 1-0 TOTTINGHAM ( BUT VDV HAD A GOOD GAME ) you see..:D

No he did'nt, but theres been a few times i've watched the scammers and i thought he was playing for the other side. ;)

Yeah good one Carmine, it looked that way a couple of weeks back too when he nullified the best Player to play for your Club in over a decade didn't it. ?? :rolleyes:

Whta Mark Noble did do was restrict RVDV to not a great deal you know, & some would say " had him in his pocket so he was ineffective which was proven in the score "..;)

Of course the counter arguement would be that VDV had a good Game, but in Football you don't have the things like WEST HAM 1-0 TOTTINGHAM ( BUT VDV HAD A GOOD GAME ) you see..:D

I don't get your point Singher :( are you trying to say that Noble is a better player than VDV ;).

I don't get your point Singher :( are you trying to say that Noble is a better player than VDV ;).

He's a top quality player.....even singhy can't deny it. A couple of top strikers wouldn't go amiss though as he's having to score the goals as well at the moment.

Bring on the transfer window......

Today's fixture is one we seem to struggle to win year on year. Hopefully with Hodgson out of the frying pan so to speak we can nick a win this year. I'm confident as long as we can score......hope our strikers are listening.......no use dominating the first half failing to score and letting in a goal with 10 mins left.

Let's change the script here....

Of course not, i'm not silly..

But Van Der Fart was in Noble's pocket, wrapped up, like a little Mini Cadbury's Cream Egg would be, bless him...:D

Restricted to 2 shots, Noble dominated him & nullified his obvious talent, which was a big factor in teh final scoreline, which was WEST HAM UNITED 1-0 T*TTINGHAM HOTSPURTS in case you forgot..:D

But Van Der Fart was in Noble's pocket, wrapped up, like a little Mini Cadbury's Cream Egg would be, bless him...:D

Restricted to 2 shots, Noble dominated him & nullified his obvious talent, which was a big factor in teh final scoreline, which was WEST HAM UNITED 1-0 T*TTINGHAM HOTSPURTS in case you forgot..:D

Aww fuc_k I must have missed it. Was there a Cup Final replay? :rolleyes::boring:

Aww fuc_k I must have missed it. Was there a Cup Final replay? :rolleyes::boring:

Just another Game to us, just like we are to you..

Yeah right...:D

Great game and triffic 3 points. My take on the second goal was the ball deflected off Baird, so Dean was right to correct his initial call. Very good thinking by Hudd to get in quick and question the ref.

Again VDV was outstanding as were Hudd and Bale but the big plaudits have to go to Assou Ekoto who i thought was fantastic throughout, and i've never been a fan of his.

Modric still does'nt seem himself and Sandro was right to be taken off or he would have been booked or worse. Not a bad first league game and he should be very good once he's on the pace and picks up an understanding with Hudd.

Pleased to see that H has shown his intent to focus on fourth spot as were not quite ready to take europe by storm. :D Can't wait for the Inter match.

Edited by carmine

Great game and triffic 3 points. My take on the second goal was the ball deflected off Baird, so Dean was right to correct his initial call. Very good thinking by Hudd to get in quick and question the ref.

Again VDV was outstanding as were Hudd and Bale but the big plaudits have to go to Assou Ekoto who i thought was fantastic throughout, and i've never been a fan of his.

Modric still does'nt seem himself and Sandro was right to be taken off or he would have been booked or worse. Not a bad first league game and he should be very good once he's on the pace and picks up an understanding with Hudd.

Pleased to see that H has shown his intent to focus on fourth spot as were not quite ready to take europe by storm. :D Can't wait for the Inter match.

Great to take all the points at Fulham.....only seen the highlights but the second goal was the correct decision. Plenty of chances for Fulham so fairly lucky I reckon.

Any news on Ledley King? Hope he aint out for a while

And yes looking forward to Inter......mouthwatering tie that is....B)

Sad news. Any more info on Woodgate?

Yeah, the news is, he's injured...:D

If he's in the Jan 25 man squad he's recovered, if not he will probably have to call it a day.

Recovered ?? Recovered to what, break down again the following week ??

He's made of Glass the Boy, shame as he should have been alongside Ferdinand at the heart of our National Team's defence over teh poast few Tournaments if he hadn't been..

& i can't believe that the hunger's there either in him, he's made an absolute fortune out of sitting in Treatment Room's all over the Country & in Spain too..

Sad news. Any more info on Woodgate?

If he's in the Jan 25 man squad he's recovered, if not he will probably have to call it a day.

He's made of Glass the Boy, shame as he should have been alongside Ferdinand at the heart of our National Team's defence over teh poast few Tournaments if he hadn't been..

& i can't believe that the hunger's there either in him, he's made an absolute fortune out of sitting in Treatment Room's all over the Country & in Spain too..

You have to wonder why Dr Steadman operated on him eh? Surelu he hid it for the money right?

The op was a success.....now he needs to build up the muscles and hope the knee holds up to it.

Hardly sitting on his arse picking up the easy money. Easier to be kicking Rooney for 90 mins. Fun even that would be....:D

You have to wonder why Dr Steadman operated on him eh? Surelu he hid it for the money right?

The op was a success.....now he needs to build up the muscles and hope the knee holds up to it.

Hardly sitting on his arse picking up the easy money.

Smokie, he's played 104 Game in 7 Years, that's not even 15 per Year..

During that time, let's just say he's picked up an average of 50k GBP per Week ( i'd imagine it'd be higher ) whilst at Madrid ( huge payers ), Boro ( big payers they were ) & your lot ( big payers ), that's 364 weeks Smokie & 18.2m GBP Smokie..

2.6m per Year smokie divided by 15 ( which he hasn't even played ) = 173,333 GBP Per Game Smokie..

No, you're right, he hasn't been stting on his arse picking up easy money, no...:D

During that time, let's just say he's picked up an average of 50k GBP per Week ( i'd imagine it'd be higher ) whilst at Madrid ( huge payers ), Boro ( big payers they were ) & your lot ( big payers ), that's 364 weeks Smokie & 18.2m GBP Smokie..

2.6m per Year smokie divided by 15 ( which he hasn't even played ) = 173,333 GBP Per Game Smokie..

No, you're right, he hasn't been stting on his arse picking up easy money, no...:D

At least he should be fresh for the Champions League second round......:ermm::whistling:

At least he should be fresh for the Champions League second round......:ermm::whistling:

Yeah, if you say so...:D