Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Do the barcodes now have a better chance of top 4 than Spurs (or Chelsea come to that)?

On the evidence of that match what the hell is McLaren doing starting Mitrovich and Perez on the bench? (Edit: Ah - Perez is recovering fitness)

this i am sure mclaren got it right.

we were tired after another 'europe' outing.

so, we were down on gas after 60 mins and Toon fresh legs killed of the game.

To be fair, only 4 of the outfield players started in midweek.

Hey Smokes. Remember when Stoke beat us and you came on the City thread

Always said Shitty were overrated. tongue.png

Funny as all fark that was!

Back at you buddy laugh.png

We were nowhere near as bad as you were in that match....look at the stats.

We just couldn't get the ball in the net!

We admit we were rubbish but we still had more possession and shots than Stoke and you were at home to........................................Newcastle laugh.png

Do the barcodes now have a better chance of top 4 than Spurs (or Chelsea come to that)?

On the evidence of that match what the hell is McLaren doing starting Mitrovich and Perez on the bench? (Edit: Ah - Perez is recovering fitness)

Nah - in normal circs a technically far superior and younger Spuds team would have been out of sight before McLaren got a chance to look behind him for fresh legs.

Apologies Santi for not posting earlier but i have a life aside to the football forum! smile.png

I thought in the first half we were pretty good, although we should have scored atleast another but squandered opportunities.

Second hald i spent shaking my head at what was in my opinion a thoroughly poor display. As far as i'm concerned we were lucky not to lose by more, and on the balance of the second half alone 1-3 wouldn't have flattered Newcastle.

Carrol just doesn't convince me at this level and we missed Dembele badly. Bentaleb looked rusty against Monaco and this i believe was in Pochettino mind when selecting the side.

Vertonghen has dipped in form and is still suspect, as is our defense at the set piece.

Lamela impressed me again, Eriksen didn't at all, and Kane needs to spend a couple of seconds weighing up a potential better optnon rather than blasting at goal. We spent years of that watching Defoe!

The last thirty minutes we went far too narrow allowing Newcastle to easily break us down and if we had used the wings more as we did in the first half it would almost certainly have been a different story.

In short, we got what we deserved on this occasion.

Edited by carmine

Apologies Santi for not posting earlier but i have a life aside to the football forum! smile.png

I thought in the first half we were pretty good, although we should have scored atleast another but squandered opportunities.

Second hald i spent shaking my head at what was in my opinion a thoroughly poor display. As far as i'm concerned we were lucky not to lose by more, and on the balance of the second half alone 1-3 wouldn't have flattered Newcastle.

Carrol just doesn't convince me at this level and we missed Dembele badly. Bentaleb looked rusty against Monaco and this i believe was in Pochettino mind when selecting the side.

Vertonghen has dipped in form and is still suspect, as is our defense at the set piece.

Lamela impressed me again, Eriksen didn't at all, and Kane needs to spend a couple of seconds weighing up a potential better optnon rather than blasting at goal. We spent years of that watching Defoe!

The last thirty minutes we went far too narrow allowing Newcastle to easily break us down and if we had used the wings more as we did in the first half it would almost certainly have been a different story.

In short, we got what we deserved on this occasion.

That's a very long winded way of saying you're rubbish.

biggrin.png

Yeah sounds about right carms. Shame about Carroll, thought after his euro game he justified a start, but still to easily dispossesed. And you know my thoughts on verity, they ain't changed. But i thought 2 nd half defensively Rose was shocking, constantly getting caught upfield and just rambling back.,like without a care in the world. I'me not sure on how potts will see it but on that show. I'de be hapi for him to f--c of in window and not return. Davies might not be the total deal going foward but he gives his best and imo constantly improves ,, rant over,,.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In fairness to Carroll, he was subbed at 69min when we were 1-0 up.

They scored their equaliser at 74min. and the rest is history.

Maybe, Poch got it wrong by replacing Carroll with Son which meant Alli

had to drop back in to central defensive midfield.

In hindsight, it may have been better to have replaced Carroll with Bentaleb

and Eriksen or Lamela for Son or Chadli.

• Like 1

For those who are interested this is the draw for the next round of the Europa League:

Valencia v Rapid Vienna

Fiorentina v Tottenham Hotspur

Borussia Dortmund v FC Porto

Fenerbahce v Lokomotiv Moscow

Anderlecht v Olympiakos

Midtjylland v Manchester United

Augsburg v Liverpool

Sparta Prague v Krasnodar

Galatasaray v Lazio

Sion v Braga

Shakhtar Donetsk v Schalke

Marseille v Athletic Bilbao

Sevilla v Molde

Sporting Lisbon v Bayer Leverkusen

Villarreal v Napoli

Saint-Etienne v Basel

Edited by sotsira

Arguably the most difficult draw available, joint 2 nd in seria A, not my preferred choice,but I'msure we'll give it a decent go.

Could be a blessing in disguise,you will be able to focus completely on finishing 5th in the table.

• Like 1

To be fair, only 4 of the outfield players started in midweek.

Perhaps to maintain their fitness levels they need to be playing 2 games a week? But Thb looked v much Like mclaren had a plan if potts opened up slightly and'went 'for it in the last 20 ish. Fair play to him,, but maybe a lesson learned for potts, in 2days prem predictable subs/tactics can be planned for and countered?

Edited by rijit

15th of December, lest we forget..

How is it he isn't considered a mercenary or remembered for his biting.

Well he's not considered a mercenary because he didn't join the likes of Chelsea or City tongue.png he went to arguably the biggest club in the world and won everything.

Misdemeanours like biting are easily forgotten when Suarez carves a majestic dance through a backline, then flashes the ball past the hapless keeper, again and again...and again thumbsup.gif

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

Well he's not considered a mercenary because he didn't join the likes of Chelsea or City tongue.png he went to arguably the biggest club in the world and won everything.

Misdemeanours like biting are easily forgotten when Suarez carves a majestic dance through a backline, then flashes the ball past the hapless keeper, again and again...and again thumbsup.gif

nah mate without wanting to resurrect the boring same old same, old cant have that mate, he's an icon for kids,what he did was

unacceptable on ANY LEVEL

thumbsup.gif

Are you saying Liverpool is "arguably the biggest club in the world"? Under what criteria?

]

I've not had my breakfast yet so expect some barking at least.

He meant the Spanish lot Mr Tattiehead.

Now bugger off...we have an important schedule to discuss.

What's up with Erikson?....he needs to grab his mojo for the Xmas period....we need maximum points from the next three games.

thumbsup.gif

Are you saying Liverpool is "arguably the biggest club in the world"? Under what criteria?

]

Apologies. Rereading the post he means Barca (thanks Smokie for pointing me in the right direction).

]

Green Light For New Tottenham Stadium

Thursday, 17th December 2015 06:56

Tottenham's revised proposal to build London's biggest club stadium have been passed by Haringey Council.

A lengthy council meeting on Wednesday drifted into the early hours of Thursday, but the vote went 8-2 in favour of Tottenham and their chairman Daniel Levy.

The 61,000 seater stadium, which will be built adjacent to the club's current White Hart Lane home, will cost £400m and is expected to be completed in time for the 2018-19 season.

There is a also a provision for NFL games to be played at the new stadium, using a retractable pitch, while 600 flats will be built as part of the development.

The plans must be formally approved by London's Mayor Boris Johnson, but he has previously stated his enthusiasm for the project.

Speaking back in July, Levy told Sky Sports News HQ: "What we're trying to create here is a vibrant community. We're trying to create a leisure hub.

"It's not just about the soccer or the NFL. It's the other activities we are including in our plans, the extreme sports facility which we think will be a major tourist attraction.

"The idea that you will be able to walk all the way up to the top of the roof we think will be something that will be quite thrilling. So it will create jobs.

"In 10-15 years, what you see Tottenham is today will be completely transformed. With the co-operation of the government, Mayor and local authority, you will see massive investment coming into this area; transport improvement, lots of new houses and most importantly lots of new jobs."

Tottenham's last season at White Hart Lane is expected to be the 2016-17 season, leaving them to think about a temporary home while the new stadium is being constructed.

A move to Wembley Stadium has previously been discussed, although Chelsea are also interested in playing there while Stamford Bridge is extended

There is also the potential for a ground-share with West Ham at the remodelled Olympic Stadium or a move outside London to Milton Keynes.