Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I was gonna go into this post and brag ,, but there aint really much point ,. the result is there for all to see

after that nasty challenge that warranted the red card I know they had a few moments , but 2 me there was only gonna be one winner , shame for gomez , seemed to lose where he was after the initial clearance ,, and what spacial awareness by lamella for the first as stoney said made it look easy and walking through a prem defence like that should be anything but.. Good to see son carry on from pre injury getting in there and nicking a goal here and there. and finally our c/d looks solid as carms said after last season its a huge turn around,, big up for pochs 4 just sticking by the pairing, just shows what a run together can do.. only slight disappointment was rose, but aint nothing new in that. 3 rd and imo still more to come from that team/squad.

Really didn't read like too much to brag about on the BBC feed, hanging on against 10 men, dubious goal from an offside not given, 3 shots on target. Scintillating stuff.
How did your lot fare at watford. Recently? Not far short of a spanking i seem to recall. 10 or 11 men theyre a physical well orgonised team that are happy to resort to what ever it takes to win. We showed some excellent controlled football against some pretty cynical style football. Best you stick to capt beefheart quotes, oh silly me you dont know much about him either.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In your opening para you sounding like you'd just give Watford drubbing, when it wasn't the case. How our team fared as nothing to do with it, Spurs are a much better side.

Also, I didn't quote Captain Beefheart, he covered the song, that's why I said it sounded like Captain Beefheart. I can guarantee you my knowledge of music is deep and plentiful. Best you get back to your George Formby playing Gramophone!

Yeah yeah, it was plainly obvious you and jelly thought it was a beefheart song and didn't know it was a jj cale song and you've Google it since and found the capt was just another in the long line that ripped of jj cale.

And anytime you wanna talk hi fi feel free spouse boy , i doubt very much if you know an ortofon from a shure or a talk from a naim ! or come on surprise me

Third....got to smile whatever! biggrin.png

Deservedly so Smokes. Didn't watch Spurs last night but all season you've been playing some great football. Don't know what is taking you Spurs fans so long to realise/admit that you are genuine title contenders. The rest of us know it.

I think in reality we are top four contenders only. We need back up for Kane, and we are extremely reliant on Alderweirald and Vertonghen staying fit.

In short, to be genuine total contenders we need stronger back up than we actually have.

Secondly we press right up tp the opposition keeper allowing three seconds to win the ball back before withdrawing rather than press up to the middle block which is going to require immense fitness to be sustained. When we played Arsenal in the third of three fixtures in six days we looked exhausted in the last quarter of an hour. My worry with such a high press is we'll run out of steam

Please leave me out of any silly Captain Beefheart versus JJ Cale discussions. I will discuss Lord Buckley if offered a bribe.

you included yourself as for buckley the story is well dead.

Edited by rijit

Deservedly so Smokes. Didn't watch Spurs last night but all season you've been playing some great football. Don't know what is taking you Spurs fans so long to realise/admit that you are genuine title contenders. The rest of us know it.

I think in reality we are top four contenders only. We need back up for Kane, and we are extremely reliant on Alderweirald and Vertonghen staying fit.

In short, to be genuine total contenders we need stronger back up than we actually have.

Secondly we press right up tp the opposition keeper allowing three seconds to win the ball back before withdrawing rather than press up to the middle block which is going to require immense fitness to be sustained. When we played Arsenal in the third of three fixtures in six days we looked exhausted in the last quarter of an hour. My worry with such a high press is we'll run out of steam

I'm confident now of a top four place....we'd really have to throw it away not to stay in the top four given how the other teams are faring.

Unless the big bucks get thrown around stupidly in Jan of course....

Getting cover for Kanes the key yesterday when son came on for a.while kanr dropped bac into midfeild and son was the one up top.

As for our fitness, yeah we did run out of steam against arsenal, but that was extreme circumstances and will it happen often enuf to effect our season ? Not sure.

You can totally see why the age of klopp and pochs teams are young, its the extreme work rate that's needed to make the style effective.

Owners will be loving it as well bring the young ones through and sell them on,, right up our mans street.

Edited by rijit

Youré right about the high press game and you need very fit legs but I reckon you're all just a tad hesitant to admit your chances. We are half way through the season and the table doesn't lie.

From what I've seen of Spurs this season they will be in Champions League next year.

If they can up their game they may even be League Champions, it's really possible.

I just hope they hold on to Kane, Potchy says he's not for sale but I think Levy always

has a price and if slapped on the table he will consider it. Think Modric and Bale.

I have a feeling Man U might have a sniff, he's just the type of player they need.

Anyway, good to see Spurs playing fast attacking football and how about that keeper?

• Like 2

Don't really understand why Carroll has been getting a look in over Bentaleb unless he isn't fully fit of course.

Bentaleb is off in Jan I think.

That would be a shame Smokes, really like him but can't see him being the type to hang around if he isn't playing.

I still think Carroll is too lightweight and too think he was probaly 6th choice of our def mids at the beginning of the season.

Be interesting to see who replaces Dembele for the next 1 or 2 games !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Don't really understand why Carroll has been getting a look in over Bentaleb unless he isn't fully fit of course.

Goals alfie. 2 in four Can't remember benty boy EVER really chipping in with a few

Edited by rijit

From what I've seen of Spurs this season they will be in Champions League next year.

If they can up their game they may even be League Champions, it's really possible.

I just hope they hold on to Kane, Potchy says he's not for sale but I think Levy always

has a price and if slapped on the table he will consider it. Think Modric and Bale.

I have a feeling Man U might have a sniff, he's just the type of player they need.

Anyway, good to see Spurs playing fast attacking football and how about that keeper?

Ratboy and the Pink Panther both wanted moves and orchestrated them.

Can't see that at the moment with Kane.

Maybe end of next season if he continues his form and improvement.

Hope carrot top doesn't make Levy an offer he can't refuse.

I reckon if Man U slapped 50 Mil + on the table, he's gone.

Can't see Leicester staying the distance, but you never know.

This really could be Spurs year.

Edited by uptheos

Hope carrot top doesn't make Levy an offer he can't refuse.

I reckon if Man U slapped 50 Mil + on the table, he's gone.

Can't see Leicester staying the distance, but you never know.

This really could be Spurs year.

To another English club would be more...think 80m quid.

time of the year.

transfer madness...but this could be hilarious... if it went Spurs way...

MOUSSA DEMBELE (19, striker) Fulham

Linked with: Everton, Manchester United, Tottenham

Not to be confused with the Tottenham midfielder of the same name, this Paris St-Germain product is building his own reputation. Dembele has scored 10 times this term and his pace, strength and finishing have caught the eye.

I was gonna go into this post and brag ,, but there aint really much point ,. the result is there for all to see

after that nasty challenge that warranted the red card I know they had a few moments , but 2 me there was only gonna be one winner , shame for gomez , seemed to lose where he was after the initial clearance ,, and what spacial awareness by lamella for the first as stoney said made it look easy and walking through a prem defence like that should be anything but.. Good to see son carry on from pre injury getting in there and nicking a goal here and there. and finally our c/d looks solid as carms said after last season its a huge turn around,, big up for pochs 4 just sticking by the pairing, just shows what a run together can do.. only slight disappointment was rose, but aint nothing new in that. 3 rd and imo still more to come from that team/squad.

Really didn't read like too much to brag about on the BBC feed, hanging on against 10 men, dubious goal from an offside not given, 3 shots on target. Scintillating stuff.
How did your lot fare at watford. Recently? Not far short of a spanking i seem to recall. 10 or 11 men theyre a physical well orgonised team that are happy to resort to what ever it takes to win. We showed some excellent controlled football against some pretty cynical style football. Best you stick to capt beefheart quotes, oh silly me you dont know much about him either.

In your opening para you sounding like you'd just give Watford drubbing, when it wasn't the case. How our team fared as nothing to do with it, Spurs are a much better side.

Also, I didn't quote Captain Beefheart, he covered the song, that's why I said it sounded like Captain Beefheart. I can guarantee you my knowledge of music is deep and plentiful. Best you get back to your George Formby playing Gramophone!

Bob, you really have missed the point with our win against Watford. Our manager out thought theirs, whereas for example Jurgen Klopp didn't.

Watford play with two strikers, and very direct. So, for the first time i can ever remember Pochettino played us with three at the back. Whether you, or anyone enjoyed the game or not is frankly irrelevant, because through his tactics we reduced them to only one shot on target in 93 minutes and took three points. Job done. This is not a "Spurs style" team, its a Pochettino team. It plays to win, and i'll add to that we have scored and won late on many an occasion which isn't luck, its because we are younger and fitter than everyone one else.

• Like 1

Berahino seems to me to be damaged goods.

His reaction this season has been bad...as such I could see him doing the same to us.

Avoid.

How so has his reaction been bad ?

His reaction this season has been bad...as such I could see him doing the same to us.

Avoid.

Lots of niggling stuff with his manager....late for training regularly etc.

He wanted to leave last season pulis wanted to sell, but the chairman didn't,, so this season pulis has turned to type and used a solitary big striker AS HE ALWAYS has and berihino has been, mainly on the.bench pulis has then come out with ' berihino needs to start scoring like he did b4'. Difficult when the managers style don't suit you and your not getting starts Havent seen him came out with anything derogatory or i want to leave stuff recently, but i don't read the gutter Press. as far as i can see he's just got his head down, things ain't worked out this season but for me that's down to pullis. forms comes and goes class stays, no doubts in my mind the boys a class act. But wouldn't be the first or the last To be the victim of internal politics.

He wanted to leave last season pulis wanted to sell, but the chairman didn't,, so this season pulis has turned to type and used a solitary big striker AS HE ALWAYS has and berihino has been, mainly on the.bench pulis has then come out with ' berihino needs to start scoring like he did b4'. Difficult when the managers style don't suit you and your not getting starts Havent seen him came out with anything derogatory or i want to leave stuff recently, but i don't read the gutter Press. as far as i can see he's just got his head down, things ain't worked out this season but for me that's down to pullis. forms comes and goes class stays, no doubts in my mind the boys a class act. But wouldn't be the first or the last To be the victim of internal politics.

I hear you rij but if we do sign him I hope Poch leaves his mind clear of any lingering lack of expectation.

It's high at our club now for all players and healthy to see competition from the youth squad knocking at the door too.

I just don't want us to waste 25m quid.

Avoid.

Lots of niggling stuff with his manager....late for training regularly etc.
Pulis is an old hand and a few well chosen comments and he's regained the momento He really doesn't suit pullis style of play. Last season his goals and previous seasons forced pulis into acacomodating him and in doing so changed his tried and tested formula, i could see it didn't sit well with pullis they were winning but at the cost of pullis's formulatic style. This season A bit of a tinker and no goals culminating in pulis's formulatic style tightening things up and bingo he's damaged goods and Pulis's style is the.winner.

I hear you rij but if we do sign him I hope Poch leaves his mind clear of any lingering lack of expectation.

It's high at our club now for all players and healthy to see competition from the youth squad knocking at the door too.

Not sure 25 million will be the boys money now, that's where he is damaged goods. His price. can't see beyond 15 17 max.

Edited by rijit

Not sure 25 million will be the boys money now, that's where he is damaged goods. His price. can't see beyond 15 17 max.

If we got him for a lot less than 25m then hopefully we would give him a good drink biggrin.png

For wb Lot of money sitting on the bench deprecating . carries on a full season as I'm sure it will as pulis won't change his style.no way will he be worth even half of 25 mil.

Really bad decision by coates, should have backed what his manager wanted to do either that or got rid.