Tottenham Thread

chonabot

4 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Selling off the family jewelry to pay for the new stadium?

Been there, done that.

:D

Simply no room for them.  However there are areas that we should have reinvested in and haven't.

Sound familiar?!! :D

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Weakest?  Well that remains to be seen and i doubt you've seen any of them play bar fleeting moments of Onomah so your not in any position to judge.

What is worrying is how young they are.  

You win nothing with kids

Can't help thinking we need pace.  Most importantly though we have Dembele back.  Our most important player?  Quite possibly

Always going to miss Dembele, probably the best def midfielder in the the country at bringing the ball forward :)

"Over the weekend, I thought of the likely top teams that Spurs' bench looked the weakest."

Carmine, that's my opinion based on the players on each team's bench. It's an opinion as obviously it would be impossible to prove as only 3 of the 7 rubber-dubs are ever used.

On a bench for my team, I'd like to see proven players who can influence/change a game.

But your bench was:
Son Heung-min - striker of limited ability who can't hold a place down.
Janssen - looks a decent buy.
Ben Davies - is 2nd or 3rd choice left back who can't hold a place down.
Onomah - played a few games.
Carter-Vickers - has he debuted yet?
Wank - hadn't debuted before coming on at the weekend, correct?
Luke McGee - bladdy hard to find anything about this goalie presumably hasn't debuted yet, correct.

The only one possibly capable of influence/change a game would be Janssen = weak bench!

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Can't help thinking we need pace.  Most importantly though we have Dembele back.  Our most important player?  Quite possibly

Always going to miss Dembele, probably the best def midfielder in the the country at bringing the ball forward :)

Poghba

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-relaxes-formentera-spurs-8743115?

Apparently carms was spotted doing the same thing on a Thai beach with a young chick this morning....I think they should both be banned for such disgraceful behaviour.

Here we are all shivering in doubt and those barstewards are out enjoying themselves....its an outrage!!

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I was really hoping you were going to pay 30M for Sissoko, but Everton doing so is just as good.

Eh? I heard that Siss had jibbed the trickies and was heading to the spuds!

Yup he has!:clap2:

Edited by wilai
update
  • Like 1

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 0:08 AM, alfieconn said:
52 minutes ago, wilai said:

Eh? I heard that Siss had jibbed the trickies and was heading to the spuds!

Yup he has!:clap2:

Sissoko...really ? Doesn't seem like a Pochettino player. 

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

Sissoko...really ? Doesn't seem like a Pochettino player. 

yeah it's an odd one. week after he was talking about wanting his own sadio mane, then making an approach for zaha, pochettino signs sissoko who is really nothing like either. 

can be an effective player but he can also look really clumsy and seems a strange fit for the way spurs play.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So where do you lot think your joint record signing will fit in/replace?

Ok, so here's my take on this transfer window in's and out's:

Sissoko is cover for Dembele

Wanyama is cover for Dier

Janssen is cover for Kane

N'Koudo is replacement for Chadli - SOLD

Mason wasn't good enough - SOLD

Yedlin & Pritchard never given a chance to play - SOLD

Bentaleb & N'jie still need to prove their worth -  LOANED

Overall, a decent window, replacing 6 fringe players with 4 Internationals 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

^ the boys will keep telling us he is a 30M League Cup type squad filler as they will playing more games than anyone else this season, not a panic buy at all.

Well you'd know all about panic buy's and over paying wouldn't ya ?

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Over the weekend, I thought of the likely top teams that Spurs' bench looked the weakest."

Carmine, that's my opinion based on the players on each team's bench. It's an opinion as obviously it would be impossible to prove as only 3 of the 7 rubber-dubs are ever used.

On a bench for my team, I'd like to see proven players who can influence/change a game.

But your bench was:
Son Heung-min - striker of limited ability who can't hold a place down.
Janssen - looks a decent buy.
Ben Davies - is 2nd or 3rd choice left back who can't hold a place down.
Onomah - played a few games.
Carter-Vickers - has he debuted yet?
Wank - hadn't debuted before coming on at the weekend, correct?
Luke McGee - bladdy hard to find anything about this goalie presumably hasn't debuted yet, correct.

The only one possibly capable of influence/change a game would be Janssen = weak bench!

Like i said, you just don't know what you are prattling on about.

Son is an attacking midfielder, not a striker,  thats been injured.  Onomah,Winks and Carter-Vickers are all serious talents,held in very high regard at the club.  Ben Davies rotated with Rose throughout last season and had a very good euro2016. Quite where you get 3rd choice is beyond me.  Oh and we've just bought another keeper that Poch knows well.

Stop talking nonsense.  You clearly know little or nothing about these young players or you wouldnt write such toss.  'If theres a weakness it lies only in youth, but of course we all know you don't win titles with kids don't we!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Well you'd know all about panic buy's and over paying wouldn't ya ?

Carroll was one of the best, but Super Mario will forever remain as one of the shit-est transfers in football history. 16M - 1 EPL goal  - 6M quid in wages - left on a free :D